MASCHINE!!! "Akai can kiss my ass."

of course, and you wouldnt throw away your vinyl just because you got serato/traktor right? Exactly the point. Stop thinking like consumers and start thinking like creative artists. If Maschine looks like it will help you, that doesnt mean get rid of your MPC, that means get Maschine and keep making beats.

of course, and you wouldnt throw away your vinyl just because you got serato/traktor right? Exactly the point. Stop thinking like consumers and start thinking like creative artists. If Maschine looks like it will help you, that doesnt mean get rid of your MPC, that means get Maschine and keep making beats.

:cheers:

On the whole I have to agree with sonakasos. I mean this is such a silly debate, I will not buy any of akai's future offerings, but that doesnt mean I gotta trash my mpc2k classic. It doesnt do half of what the maschine does, and it is gettin dusty. But when I need 16 more pads for something, better believe I know that its there so I can midi that piece up and go nuts.

I think its that people are so heavily invested in their mpc's and or thats all they know that they have to spew all this misplaced dogma. Spitting all over the notion anything that comes out just cant be better. That's such a subjective debate though. I am pretty brass tacks about it, if something can do everything that I need it to do, and bring features to the table that I can use and incorporate and be a newer product with active support and a future, then hell yeah I am all for it. Just as I am all for the Maschine and anything else that comes along that does the trick and better.

So i need an honest opinion. Iv had my mpc1000 for about a year now and its really frusterates me how hard it is to sync up with all my software. I'v been checkin out Maschine and this looks pretty amazing! Im thinkin about sellin my mpc and gettin this...is this a good idea?

So i need an honest opinion. Iv had my mpc1000 for about a year now and its really frusterates me how hard it is to sync up with all my software. I'v been checkin out Maschine and this looks pretty amazing! Im thinkin about sellin my mpc and gettin this...is this a good idea?

I have had the most luck syncing my MPC with Protools, low latency mode. If your main concern is sync I would suggest looking into PT. If you are curious about Maschine's work flow it couldn't hurt to check it out, maybe take it for a 15 day trial run. Do this before you slang your MPC, you don't want to regret your move. Maschine's going to be a lot more convenient, but from a creative perspective it all depends on what helps you make your music.

I have had the most luck syncing my MPC with Protools, low latency mode. If your main concern is sync I would suggest looking into PT. If you are curious about Maschine's work flow it couldn't hurt to check it out, maybe take it for a 15 day trial run. Do this before you slang your MPC, you don't want to regret your move. Maschine's going to be a lot more convenient, but from a creative perspective it all depends on what helps you make your music.

Maybe its me but,

why in the hell would you sell off a piece of equipment just because you cannot grasp the concept of slaveing the device ?.

if you cant figure it out, go ask someone with expertise in that field, clocking an mpc to and external sequencer is not that complex.

everything you touch in the production world is not going to be plug and play, this is not a plug and play field.This is why the term "engineer" is what it is.

if he thinks thats hard, i would hate to see him try something even remotely complex. Back when midi was not so user friendly you had to really know what youre doing. Times have drastically changed with respect to protools. Try rack mounting 35 to 40 devices i.e limiters;compressors;fx modules;digital mic pre's etc, all daisy chained and routed and bussed through seperate sigal path's on an ssl 4024G alongside settting up the patch.

my point is if you dont know something there's plenty of books to read and learn from, nothing comes easy and if your serious about production work then i would suggest putting the time into what you want to do, everybody wants a quick fix .....................

i know alot of maschine owners are reason users as well.

whats your guys take on props new announcement about the release of R5 and KONG?

does this change anyone who already own maschine but will also soon own R5 idea of workflow?

i know alot of maschine owners are reason users as well.

whats your guys take on props new announcement about the release of R5 and KONG?

does this change anyone who already own maschine but will also soon own R5 idea of workflow?

Maschine is still the baddest Groove box to come out within the past few years. I can come up with drum grooves and patterns faster on Maschine than anything else I've ever used besides an MP. That Being said, Maschine can sequence Record 1.5, Maschine can also send sync to Record 1.5, Maschine can also spit out stem tracks to use inside record 1.5? See where IM going? I've already been using Maschine with reason, so now with record 1.5 and reason 5.....this setup is ridiculous.

Sounds like the Maschine is a winner with Reason and Record. How about Live 8? How well does Maschine integrate into Live's work flow? I am specifically curious to know if you can take advantage of Live's warping techniques coupled with Maschine's groove interface. I really like to manipulate audio with warp markers, chop on the warp, and then slice to midi.

People who use Live+Maschine act like its the messiah of beat making. Havent tried it myself but seems cool.

Well, quite honestly its the level and type of integration the two products share. Live and Maschine. More so than any other daw, that isn't to say that the same effects cant be achieved in any other combo, but it's more about right out of the box. It is a very nice combination. I think Maschine and Logic isn't anywhere near as easy and fun. In fact I gave up on it completely in favor of live.

Last edited:
i've owned an MPC and now i've replaced it with MASCHINE. two words... BIG DIFFERENCE. for those who haven't used it, it's the best thing smoking. real spit.
-no carrying around memory disks for your drums & samples- everything is on the HD on your laptop. which means CONVENIENCEY!
-YOU CAN EVEN SAMPLE ON THIS SUCKER!!!
-fast/easy access to all of your library (w/TAGS!!!)
-USB powered
-a tight marriage between software & hardware.
wtf more can you ask for?
my .02 cents...

i picked this up yesterday and took it back today. mpc shits on this. i didnt like fl and the sound of the digital drum engines. but this is my opinon only. i dont want to say its bad. if i had no mpc and did everything itb then this would be perfect, but i do everything analog. analog mixer, keyboards and drums.

yeah, i admit. that's the only drawback is that it doesn't have the analog feel/sound to it. i'm still trying to get used to the workflow but other than that...it's fire IMO. i love making beats on the go.

Back