No Inspiration from Hiphop...

badkazz

So as a hip-hop fan for 16 years, im starting to think its time to change genre's. Theres just nothing to listen to out there anymore. All I see these days is drake who isnt even hiphop but considered one of the biggest rappers out, Wiz khalifa, Gucci Mane, Wale,,,I mean who the F**ck is this guy?? Guys with no talent getting huge buzz is just rediculous. Blueprint 3...thanks for nothing camel pleasee stopp. Now I dont even have any inspiration to make beats anymore. Only thing that keeps me going is listening to D-block and Cam. HIPHOP NEEDS YOUNG TALENTED MC'S WHICH IM STARTING TO WONDER WHERE THE HELL THEY ARE. Real Talk.-Im OUT

There is so much hip hop out and people complain so much. First of all your naming mostly mainstream artist, although I really like Wale, but there are other places you can look. In the underground scene there is someone for everybody its not even funny. Look up Murs, Sick Jacken, Immortal Technique, Joell Ortiz, Dilated Peoples, and WAY more. And these rappers all have different styles, so there's something for everybody. It's just the bubble gum rap that keeps being rubbed in our faces so we have to look for OURSELVES. Even in the mainstream we got Lupe Fiasco, Eminem, Bone Thugs, Nas, even Wu-Tang. There is no way you cant find someone you like..

So as a hip-hop fan for 16 years, im starting to think its time to change genre's. Theres just nothing to listen to out there anymore. All I see these days is drake who isnt even hiphop but considered one of the biggest rappers out, Wiz khalifa, Gucci Mane, Wale,,,I mean who the F**ck is this guy?? Guys with no talent getting huge buzz is just rediculous. Blueprint 3...thanks for nothing camel pleasee stopp. Now I dont even have any inspiration to make beats anymore. Only thing that keeps me going is listening to D-block and Cam. HIPHOP NEEDS YOUNG TALENTED MC'S WHICH IM STARTING TO WONDER WHERE THE HELL THEY ARE. Real Talk.-Im OUT

you're not hip-hop

Producer: Flying Lotus
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6oUx6wGCekM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9GvbruNKYU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HbkRvclQS4M&feature=related

MC: Blu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ia0VxX1y-1M
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ZEfizLPPA&feature=related
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCP6dWPQnaE&feature=related

Combo: Flu
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sfHiOK4p1o8

if u into hip hop...the mainstream was never where is was at....

this era is no different...very few HIP HOP acts have gone mainstream.....

I actually myself been thinking about getting into Pop/Rock....

it's been the new cash-cow for many so-called "hip hop producers".
if punk was the new wave (no pun intended) tomorrow, they'd be talking about how their biggest inspiration in life was MLK and the Sex Pistols. :cry:

music for me had always its partner called "performance" on its side.
most rappers have the charisma of a brick and a "hip hop concert" these days consists of a sweaty shirtless wannabe-gangsta yelling something into a mic, while the playback blasts in the background.
("buy my merchandise, I love you all!")

hip hop as a genre is dead, because all you got are some "retro" backpackers and 808-pimps. look at rock these days. 90% of it is just some remake of a gimmick/sound from past decades or some mash up of the "who had a hit in 19xx"-chart list.

and the so-called "RnB" genre is not much better. at least they took pop song structures and some cheesy 90s sounds, otherwise it'd be dead too.

it's time for a new sound. as simple as that. :cheers:

change genres then. hip hop aint gonna miss you, people like you make me laugh. boohoo you dont have inspiration to make beats. guess what theres never gonna be a shortage of wack artists, in any genre.

So as a hip-hop fan for 16 years, im starting to think its time to change genre's. Theres just nothing to listen to out there anymore.

If you feel that you need to stick to one genre, then you are not a true fan of music.

change genres then. hip hop aint gonna miss you, people like you make me laugh. boohoo you dont have inspiration to make beats. guess what theres never gonna be a shortage of wack artists, in any genre.

Thats you're opinion but dont take offence to something that's reality.

If you feel that you need to stick to one genre, then you are not a true fan of music.

I'm not a true fan of music because hiphop is my main genre of choice? I don't get it. Im just adressing the issue at hand, other people have opinions. Thats why I post to see what other people think about the situation.

the radio may not play the hip hop you want to hear but i gurantee to you the cats are out here making the type of hip hop you like. just look around you'll find them

If anyone knows any artists on the come up that's actually worth checking out then by all means post em up. Only dude i can really think about making moves and going hard is cory gunz.

If anyone knows any artists on the come up that's actually worth checking out then by all means post em up. Only dude i can really think about making moves and going hard is cory gunz.
you said you like d-block and camron? **** listen to loaded lux, in fact listen to all them NY lionz den fam. goodz draws LOTS of influence from dipset camp, and head ice is co signed by juelz. listen to styles p, listen to beanie sigel, listen to planet asia. **** i dont know. cory gunz? that little chipmunk looking kid with the squeeky voice and the all over the place yabba dabba doo flow? cmon theres other artists making moves aside from that child

you said you like d-block and camron? **** listen to loaded lux, in fact listen to all them NY lionz den fam. goodz draws LOTS of influence from dipset camp, and head ice is co signed by juelz. listen to styles p, listen to beanie sigel, listen to planet asia. **** i dont know. cory gunz? that little chipmunk looking kid with the squeeky voice and the all over the place yabba dabba doo flow? cmon theres other artists making moves aside from that child

Loaded lux is a battle rapper, putting together songs and battle rapping are 2 different playing fields. Dude head ice is like 48 years old. Were talking about mc's of the future. I liked prospect penz, he had good delivery and wordplay. Theres so many crazy lyracists from the south, west coast, all they need is exposure AND GOOD BEATS!!!

Last edited:
Back