Saw GI JOE

Wha Chu Mean

I think they could have done a better job with the score/sound track (the black eyed peas really didn't set well with me on this).
Storyline really didn't build... mostly just action and explosions.
Also, NO FLIPP'N SHIPWRECK or SGT.Slaughter!!!:mad: Just wasn't the same with out either of them.

If you want explosions and actions scenes with "bubble gum" pop you won't be let down.

I think they could have done a better job with the score/sound track (the black eyed peas really didn't set well with me on this).
Storyline really didn't build... mostly just action and explosions.
Also, NO FLIPP'N SHIPWRECK or SGT.Slaughter!!!:mad: Just wasn't the same with out either of them.

If you want explosions and actions scenes with "bubble gum" pop you won't be let down.

I don't think Sgt Slaughter will show up until later movies...cuz this was about the BEGINNING of the Cobra Organization.

But yeah, I needed Shipwreck in there. And Wild Bill.

And Marlon Wayan's character coulda been replaced...I mean does anybody even remember RIPCORD??

What about ROADBLOCK?? Or Junkyard & Mutt??

There were plenty of other black Joe's that they coulda chose, that were way more major than Ripcord.

And since when was SCARLET a more important character than LADY JAYE????

But I agree..the story line was replaced by explosions...but it was done better than most "big bang" movies.

i was just happy to see it make it's way to the big screen. i'm sure any future installments will be MUCH BETTER...can't get worse can it? LOL!

I don't think Sgt Slaughter will show up until later movies...cuz this was about the BEGINNING of the Cobra Organization.

And Marlon Wayan's character coulda been replaced...I mean does anybody even remember RIPCORD??

There were plenty of other black Joe's that they coulda chose, that were way more major than Ripcord.

But I agree..the story line was replaced by explosions...but it was done better than most "big bang" movies.
wait, so marlon didn't play Roadblock? i could have sworn as soon as i saw a black guy it was automatically gonna be Roadblock. Ripcord? come on. i knew this wasn't gonna be good when i saw marlon, (i love marlon, dont' get me wrong) because he just doesn't strike me as a good Roadblock, now come to find out he isn't even playing Roadblock, i'm positive this isn't going to do anything for me. being a fan of 80's pop culture and seeing it raped in this fasion is probably how my parents felt when they started hearing thier fav tunes recycled into that new fangled rap mess. and no, Scarlett has no place being more important than Lady Jane. thats like Destro being more popluar than Cobra Commander because he has a metal head.
LevLove

Troup, when you were a kid, did you watch the cartoons or read the comics? I did but, I had some trouble remembering the timeframes and when certain characters came in? Its been way too long I guess? I remember Ripcord and I know he was there in the early stuff, but yeah, he seemed to lose steam later on? I wondered why guy's were not there? I just figured it to be because of when the character was introduced? Are you saying the timeline is wrong? Because I cant' remember for sure?

ONE

i didnt like it, i kinda didnt like district 9 either. i like the story line and how creative the script is.buttttttt it was just missing something for me. it didnt reel me in, it didnt captivate me.....not sure of the word im looking for but i never was really into it. maybe in the movie theaters it would have been a better but but i stream em sooo.

ya need to see the hurt locker. that is was tight.

Am I wrong in saying that Dennis Quaid is one of the overrated actors working today? Dude's acting has been subpar in every single flick he's ever been in. Even "Traffic".

And why is it that every time Hollywood takes a colorful video game or a cartoon, they turn it into a generic black hued spec ops movie?

But just out of curiosity, I'll get the Blu-Ray when it comes out...not gonna bother with the theater version

Last edited:
yea someone mentioned to me that the soundtrack isn't the same as the original, which is uhhmmm.. lame? Atleast keep your damn theme song the same

I thought this movie was gonna be bad the first time I saw a trailer on tv...

Now I know.

And knowing is half the battle!!!

504x_psa_copy.jpg

i saw it and afterwards I went home and watch the cartoons I got on DVD to detox from that bullshyt... It was way below expectations... Maybe they'll fix it like they did the Batman series but for now it's alot of money spent that could of helped the homeless... seriously...
Homeless.jpg

Back