Why can I always tell a FL beat?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i just lie and say i use a mpc.but i use fruity.hayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy.

tell me if mine sound "fruity".

I understnad what dude's tryina say. He's pretty much saying that some of the people on here have a cracked version of FL, and they use stock sounds and the beats sound like FL stock sounds. That's how he recognizes that those people use FL.

However there are a lot others on here who do use FL, and you would never know it unless you ask them if they use it. I'm pretty sure that he's heard some of these tracks too.

No need to make this thread another argument, just show what FL is capable of and his opinion will change.

im gone solve this right now what fowlks dont understand is that to me alot of fl user's dont invest in sample sounds like korg or the motif plus u haft to have a decent sound cards i use reason's to me its just more on a highier level cool n dre use it the runners use it i mean theres producers that use it i know fl users who been usin the same sounds for years so to fl users in invest in a good sound card and buy sounds samples whatever

playmaker84 said:
im gone solve this right now what fowlks dont understand is that to me alot of fl user's dont invest in sample sounds like korg or the motif plus u haft to have a decent sound cards i use reason's to me its just more on a highier level cool n dre use it the runners use it i mean theres producers that use it i know fl users who been usin the same sounds for years so to fl users in invest in a good sound card and buy sounds samples whatever
a sound card dosent have anything to do with end sound quality

ALIASTrP said:
a sound card dosent have anything to do with end sound quality

Exactly.
Newbies might be confused by this, but what we mean is when you render a project everything is done digital, and completely bybasses your convertors.

Anybody can use any program and have music that sounds like crap. What you put into it is what you get out of it. I've used FL Studio for a year and a half and my music sounds better than most people I know that uses reason, pro tools and others. Although maybe it's because I dont use stock sounds! Why would you?

I had no idea this thread would get this many responses.

yeah.honestly i dont notice the difference ever since i got a sound card. but im glad i have it due to need to plug midi in.

hy_skyz said:
....... if people are still using FL's preset sounds......

Exactly

best_producer said:
i been was winning on the battle board and everything without a triton, mpc, or anything else. and if you can honesty say that you can tell i make beats on fruity loops you are a fresh out of he!! liar

Good stuff man, sounds like Amusement Park kinda.

i used fl for a long time but i have left it due to the lack of midi support for controllers, i kno some people might say its lazy lol, but i wanna sit down and be able to control the **** in my computer wit the knobs and sliders and pads on my midi controller, and not have to worry about goin through and assigning midi cc's and all that lol. Reason and Cubase is where its at now for me

Last edited by a moderator:
To answer the original poster's question, the reason you can tell that people use FL is because 90% of the people who use it don't do so for any other reason than the fact it's accessable for free. They use their computer keyboard to make their beats so there's no range in melody, their computer's too outdated to run smoothly, they use computer speakers to monitor, so the sound is clippy and oversaturated at best, they don't fully understand the functions of the program limiting themselves further, they have no grasp of what mixing is...

If some rich idiot who never touched a peice of gear in his life just up and decided to be a producer tomorrow and went out and bought an $800,000 studio, his sh*t would still sound like it was made on FL also.

It has nothing to do with stock sounds, nothing to do with the program, everything to do with the second someone makes a loop with a beat and a snare they call themselves producers, and FLs the easiest most accessable piece of gear for anyone who woke up today and decided they were gonna be producers.

When you use FL correctly, you don't get an "FL Beat" as your end result.

Last edited:
deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
To answer the original poster's question, the reason you can tell that people use FL is because 90% of the people who use it don't do so for any other reason than the fact it's accessable for free. They use their computer keyboard to make their beats so there's no range in melody, their computer's too outdated to run smoothly, they use computer speakers to monitor, so the sound is clippy and oversaturated at best, they don't fully understand the functions of the program limiting themselves further, they have no grasp of what mixing is...

If some rich idiot who never touched a peice of gear in his life just up and decided to be a producer tomorrow and went out and bought an $800,000 studio, his sh*t would still sound like it was made on FL also.

It has nothing to do with stock sounds, nothing to do with the program, everything to do with the second someone makes a loop with a beat and a snare they call themselves producers, and FLs the easiest most accessable piece of gear for anyone who woke up today and decided they were gonna be producers.

When you use FL correctly, you don't get an "FL Beat" as your end result.

Thats sums it up...Completely sums it up

SilentKillah said:
I understnad what dude's tryina say. He's pretty much saying that some of the people on here have a cracked version of FL, and they use stock sounds and the beats sound like FL stock sounds. That's how he recognizes that those people use FL.

However there are a lot others on here who do use FL, and you would never know it unless you ask them if they use it. I'm pretty sure that he's heard some of these tracks too.

No need to make this thread another argument, just show what FL is capable of and his opinion will change.

Dont I know you from somewhere...Your FP name is very familar.....
I'm sorry...carry one with the thread

it all depends on what you use... FL iz DOPE! (well, to me it is).
Your sound gotta be fresh... So if you have some good tight plugins.. Fresh sound samples & packs wid good quality.. Trust me.. Da instrumental will sound HOT if you know what you're doin'..
First.. U gotta love music.. Dis thang gotta be in you... Coz now.. Alot of peeps can come up wid beats.. but.. Not all of 'em are good.. Da only good beats you'll get is from people who know what to do... Who know what da beat needs..

If no presets, and mixed right, then you can't tell an FL beat. I use FL and some people thought i used an MPC.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
exactly.

most of the people on here will get touchy when you criticize FL because they hate being associated w/ the 90% that deranged is talking about.

personally, i use FL Studio and i don't really care what people think. i like the workflow of the program and i'm not gonna use something else just because people don't think it's "pro software" or some **** like that.

maybe Katz that have low quality sounding beats in fl dont kno how to use the program to its full potential.. but hey listen to 9th wonder beats.. the sound of his beats sound low quality aswell..

I personally use Reason for my beats.. too much fl studio haters, people thinking that just cus you make beats in fl studio that you dont hav any skill and its easy to use.. bottom line it takes skills to make beats..but I just personally think Reason is more powerful and more profesional

BLAZZE said:
ALL YALL HATIN ON FL PLEASE GO MY PAGE SOO I CAN SHUT YALL UP..EVERY BEAT WAS PRODUCED WITH FL STUDIO.. ITS WHOSE USIN IT NOT WHAT U USE!!

I think we already established that like 40 replies ago.

^^^ $hit my bad i aint got tha time or the patience 2 go through 6 pages 2 read wat yall sayin..i just had 2 make my point...

*It's purely your samples and how you munipulate them. There might be a SLIGHT difference in rendering quality between Fruity Loops and something more expensive like Pro Tools... but if you have some solid sounds and useful effect plugins - you can mix your sh!t proper enough to sound just as good as anything coming out of Reason or even some of the higher end workstations. (Triton, Fantom, etc.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back