Where Is Your Studio?

WHERE do you keep your studio?

• in your own house, in its own room?

Votes: 192 24.2%
  • in your own house, in your bedroom?

Votes: 154 19.4%
  • in your parent's house, in its own room?

Votes: 89 11.2%
  • in your parent's house, in your bedroom?

Votes: 255 32.2%
  • in an apartment/condo suite?

Votes: 102 12.9%

• Total voters
Nice to see I'm not the only one with my studio in my own bedroom at my parent's house. When I move out in a few years I'm going to dedicate a room to my studio

In my own room. I play samples at maximum volume but I don't want to disturb anyone around the inside the house

my apartment (that I barely afford lol). heading of to air force basic training in a few weeks, then tech school right after where I'll be lucky to crank out 1 or 2 good beats. but then when I settle down in my dorm at base, I'll get back to work. then when I'm paying off my debts, I'll upgrade my studio. :)

I try to get mostly equipment with Kensington locks and lock it all up real good (though it's obviously not possible for everything)
Good security + alarm is a must when you have lots of expensive equipment

I've had lots of 'Joe Blows' come down for collabs but then again I live in a good neighbourhood where theft is rare, my house has a brutally loud alarm, and my bedroom studio is really locked down (2 way lock, so that if someone comes through the window they can't go out the door), it's on the 2nd floor, have some really good window locks too where it's near impossible to get out (it's not bulletproof though... yet :D have to look into if that's even legal, don't think it is though). But any ways my alarm goes off after 20 seconds if a window or door is opened or movement in the house is detected, if they're trying to jiggle my window out, by the time it goes anywhere (if they can get it past the broken hockey sticks blocking the window from opening) the alarm would surely go off.

Also looking into getting one of those new systems that notifies your iPhone :)
Theft sucks, those people are low lifes, but security definitely makes you feel confident when you have thousands of dollars of gear sitting around.
Again - kensington locks (the standard laptop locks) - Have it on all of my DJ equipment as well as a couple other things and it makes it really hard to steal, unless they're going to bring something to saw through metal or bring an entire table with them for the 20 second robbery :D

congrats on the new space.....sucks someone stole ur stuff.

theift is a big reason why i dont bring people too my spot.....i just dont trust people.

when i colab with cats we meet at a mutual public stu......

the only people who ever see my personal studio are close family and friends.

we in a recession.......if i let joe blow the rappin crackhead.....record a session at my spot.....then two weeks later ima prolly see my mic at the local pawn shop.

theift duscourages me from ever opening my own public studio. unless is was like on the second floor of a business building.....some you gotta get buzzed in type ish.

Mines just in my bedroom at my parents house (only 16yo) i got a computer, 2 screens, 2 berhinger monitors and cheap sub, various audio components, a mic, and a tascam dp 02. my parents complain about the noise all the time, it sucks

I got 2 locations for my studio, one in my bedroom and the other one is in a sort of summerhouse in the garden.
My equipment is kinda cheap but it works well for me (16yo with no job)

Laptop
Behringer MS40
Casio midi keyboard
Extra screen (I don't use it often)

Im 16 and im holding it out in my room..

---------- Post added at 01:00 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:58 AM ----------

In My studio:
Acer 0EI 64 bit 2 gb RAM Laptop
Maple Wood studio Desk.
M-audio Keyrig 49
Ableton live
Fl Studio
Baddaxx Microphone

Back