What Do You Even Need An Mpc For??????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ofcourse...then we're back to preference again.
I use both, but the mpc has taken up more space in my production than I expected to be honest.

jlgrimes11 said:
I actually don't use a MPC no more. I have 5+ years experience with a MPC and about another 5 years on a computer sequencer.

I use to work with an Mpc 3000 (loved it)

jlgrimes11 said:
Ableton is great but too much reliance on the mouse hinders it.

And well Reason (you already know).

Well, there are Key commands and templates for Midi units so you dont have to use ur mouse (I don't use my mouse in reason just a little fyi)

jlgrimes11 said:
AbletonSonar, Live, and Reason don't have the overwrite/overdub loop record mode I mentioned.

All of those programs starts overwriting your data after the loop point is reached and relies on undoing bad takes. But I'll be willing to listen to your proof.

I can't speak for Live or Sonar on this but I can for reason

^^ See the overdub/replace function?

There isn't one thing that Mpc can do that i wasn't able to do in reason (except record directly into it)

Been using reason since 03 came from a Mpc 3000, triton and Roland mod setup

Last edited:
I agree their's nothing "magic" about the machines.

We all know they are dedicated computers for sequencing.

The point is their implementation is great and that can't be denied. Most people I know with MPCs love them.

it's like comparing Project 5 to Logic for example.
The workflow of one of them might suit you better than the other one does.

really? Like any Virus?
Chinese or any language comparable to it is quite difficult to translate...
You sure you got it right? I'm not sure at all...

Last edited:
It's all the same sh*t, I wish people would quit trying to defend what they use.

If you have an up to date computer and Midi controller, you can get the same feel from either one.

It's time people face the fact that computers have caught up with digital workstations and are now beginning to surpass them. If they add a synth engine to Kontakt, it would own any keyboard on the market other than the Oasys. Reason is the equivalent to every keyboard on the market. An MPC is just a drum machine with a built in sampler, what software can't do the same?

Difference between an MPC and PC is no different between the difference between an MPC and MV8000. Nothing but personal preference.

Before you tell me I don't know what I'm talking about, check my gear list. When you get one like mine, you'll have no choice but to agree.

Last edited:
deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
It's all the same sh*t, I wish people would quit trying to defend what they use.
Me too.
If fools would not wish to grantify themselfes about stuff they use...
I would not need to knock their head about how stupid they are trying to make weak points about their tool of choice.
Do I somehow....

Last edited:
You guys know what, if its the same prooducing on the MPC and makin Beats on a DAW in your PC then why the **** is every big studio or big name producer out there haveing besides his Computer a MPC ??
Its not about latency **** or handling or something,sampleing processors or pads, because software is in my opinion more flexible and faster to use.
ITS THAT LEGENDARY TIMING THE MPC's HAVE !!!! YOU NEED TO GET TO HAVE THAT AUTHENTIC BLACK TOUCH !!!!
You can reproduce it with templates ( That dont work 100 % the same ) move midi events around but getting thet fast such a soulful and human like feeling to your beats is only possible with an MPC. THATS A FACT !!!

Peace

Phlexter said:
You guys know what, if its the same prooducing on the MPC and makin Beats on a DAW in your PC then why the **** is every big studio or big name producer out there haveing besides his Computer a MPC ??
Its not about latency **** or handling or something,sampleing processors or pads, because software is in my opinion more flexible and faster to use.
ITS THAT LEGENDARY TIMING THE MPC's HAVE !!!! YOU NEED TO GET TO HAVE THAT AUTHENTIC BLACK TOUCH !!!!
You can reproduce it with templates ( That dont work 100 % the same ) move midi events around but getting thet fast such a soulful and human like feeling to your beats is only possible with an MPC. THATS A FACT !!!

Peace
most of them have had those mpcs for 10 plus years lol. They know it really well why change up what works. It has nothing to do with the computer they are just comfortable and don't need to spend the time and money on something new.

It's about the preference! yet the mpc has a certain feel and sound that even I swear is better than doing it in a computer, the computer is a lot more convienient if you keep it portable, plus the daw screenshots help. it's just like how it's still called "mixtapes" even if it's cd's mpcs have a place in the music world, no matter how much programs come out.

Xabiton said:
most of them have had those mpcs for 10 plus years lol. They know it really well why change up what works. It has nothing to do with the computer they are just comfortable and don't need to spend the time and money on something new.
That's Why I got my MPC 2000XL. There was a time when you had to have such things, but let's keep it 100% fact.

It's just a computer. Same human like options apply to computer as to hardware. You can choose to Quantize or not on either. There's different swings and timing to quantizing functions on both. Both have latency(digital hardware has about 2-5ms latency, same as a good soundcard). Both have adjustable samplerates from 11kHz 8bit to 96kHz 24bit. Both are digital signals. That warmth you think you get from an MPC comes in the process of transferring a digital source thru converters to an audio file. You get the same "warmth" from running a song from your computer to a minidisk or rackmount CD burner.

Guys can argue fact til they die, but you might as well also start saying frogs drive cars and fish fly jets while you're at it. Anyone who owns both an MPC and computer decide which 1 they used based on nothing but preference.

It's the legacy of the mpc...it's unique in it's sound...and for those of you who doesn't believe that, just gives the mpc users an edge over you. Whether you choose to believe that or not is up to you, but it is fact.

^^^Those of you who do believe such nonsense have absolutely no knowlege to how digital sound works.

But let's entertain this thought for a sec....hypethetically speaking, what "edge" would MPC users obtain from it's "warm filters" when it's not even a dominant enough peice of equipment in music that people are in demand for it's "sound".

Most people who own them accompany them with software like Reason and Pro tools. Run Workstation Keyboards alongside them. Doesn't that immediately "taint" it's so called "warm" sound? And what about the millions of producers with MV8000s, or keyboard workstations only? You're saying all them are missing out as well.

Sadly enough, I've yet to see someone come up with proof of these claims. Fact on top of fact prove that it's all digital sound, all you guys can say is "no it isn't". What makes you an expert. I've probably been using an MPC longer than most of you whining.

I have an MPC, and I'm telling you, it's all in your mind.

Last edited:
MOst of THem are always buying the newest version of the mpc like the 4000.
Most of then dont ****ing care about mopney they have enough.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SAJ_qtgWzsY
Look at them, why are they using an MPC together with Reason, when they can seuqence inside reason alone ?
ITS THE QUNATIZATION !!!!!

Proof !

Case closed !

Peace

Last edited:
Phlexter said:
The same reason all of them have Protools. It looks nice on paper to have them listed on your 'gear list' ^^ Just like Macs or anything truely expensive but not really worth its money.......

Last edited:
Sqito said:
The same reason all of them have Protools. It looks nice on paper to have them listed on your 'gear list' ^^ Just like Macs or anything truely expensive but not really worth its money.......

HUGE BULL**** !

Of course. :D
Whatever suits you.

I'm not exactly "making friends" here lately, am I?? ^^ truth hurts

Last edited:
Phlexter said:

Peace
Or by turning off quantise and keeping it totally human. You can do that with anything. (and yes I own an MPC)

Did I already mention that I still use my old computer to sample stuff?
My old Amiga 1200? With its ****ty 8 bit sampling sound processor?
Why? Because I KNOW it sounds gritty. Not because I "believe" it's somehow superior. ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back