What are yall listening to out there?

Everything Lex Luger has put out lately, he's been stepping his shit up in the past year: Cartel MGM's tape Down South Mex, production on Fredo Santana's new album, The Underachievers mixtape. Chance the Rapper, The Weeknd, Freddie Gibbs, GBE/OTF.

A friend was recording some videos off of "Need for Speed: Rivals" for a game review and man, I don't know the exact names of the bands/rappers, but there were some dope-ass tracks by what it sounded like UK artists: from backpacker's finest thru some trapish/grime shit to some double-time on 4/4 house tracks. And it sounded fresh as hell!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
^^^Man what y'all got in the water in the UK. There's appreciation of funk/soul and musicality that most of the US forgot about!

80's'ish Original New Wave/ Alternative/ electronic -

Human League - Being Boiled - HUMAN LEAGUE - BEING BOILED -(EARLY) - YouTube
Depeche Mode - New Life - Depeche Mode - New Life (High Quality 1080p) - YouTube
YAZOO - Situation - Situation - Yaz (oo) 1982 - YouTube
OMD - Enola Gay - Enola Gay by OMD - YouTube
U2 - A sort of homecoming - U2 - A Sort Of Homecoming HQ - YouTube
Killing Joke - Love Like Blood - Killing Joke - Love Like Blood - YouTube
Spear Of Destiny - Never Take Me Alive - Spear of Destiny - Never take me Alive - YouTube
Department S - Is vic there - Department S - Is Vic There [HQ Audio] - YouTube
The Cure - Between Days - The Cure - In Between Days - YouTube
Japan - Quiet Life - Japan Quiet Life 480p Quality - YouTube
New Order - Your silent Face - New Order - Your Silent Face - YouTube
Fad Gadget - Lady Shave - Fad Gadget - Ladyshave (Music Video) - YouTube
Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead - Bauhaus - Bela Lugosi's Dead (Original) - YouTube
A Flock Of seagulls - Wishing - A Flock Of Seagulls - Wishing (If I Had A Photograph Of You) - YouTube
Flash And The Pan - Waiting For A Train - Flash And The Pan - Waiting For A Train (1983) - YouTube
China crisis - Christian - China Crisis - Christian (1982) HD - YouTube
Echo And The Bunnymen - Killing Moon - Echo & The Bunnymen - The Killing Moon [Music Video] - YouTube
Blancmange - Don't Tell Me - BLANCMANGE - DON'T TELL ME TOTP AGY - YouTube
Tears for fears - Mad World - Mad World by Tears For Fears Original HQ 1983 - YouTube
Trans X - Living On Video - Trans-X - Living On Video Official Video - YouTube
Simple Minds - New Gold Dream - Simple Minds - New Gold Dream (Maxi) 12" - YouTube
Gena X - No Gdm - Gina X - No G.D.M. - YouTube
Eleven Pond - Watching trees - Eleven Pond - " watching trees " - YouTube
Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams - Eurythmics - Sweet Dreams (Are Made Of This) - YouTube

Black Hippy , Funk Volume and some random songs from artists I don't even know , songs from soundcloud or youtube

Check out Mayze on datpiff. Upcoming artist from toronto hes a sick rrapper and plus the music is great too.

Yep, me too, some pretty embryonic stuff from these early days of analogue experimentation. Not sure tracks like these would see the light of day in the current climate, shame:sing:
Too bad I missed this era, but I grew up with 80's music and New Wave was a big deal!

Too bad I missed this era, but I grew up with 80's music and New Wave was a big deal!

A sense of theater about many of the acts, both lyrically and musically, don't get me wrong, they still craved fame and the material trappings which success brings, I'm showing my age now:pointing:, the creative process had a more even ratio, artist rather than plain and simple popstar. It's sometimes cooler to be uncool, if that makes any sense;) either way it's nice to see young folks enjoy.

Back