Understanding EQ / Everthing in its own space

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best thread ever< so im bringing it back to ask what are your typical insert effects chains? I usually go lo cut< comp< eq< other effects< limiting

Any other setups you use?

^ I have to agree. Also, for all you noobs (and experienced alike), you may want to scroll through this thread (and others)and cut and paste some of the info to Microsoft Word and make some type of binder or save it to some type of personal folder on your desktop. I have done this with a lot of info I've recieved here at FP. That way you'll always have something to reference to. From this thread alone I think I may have about 5,6,or 7 pages worth of info on eq. Just my 2 pennies. I'm glad to see this thread back

:victory: :cheers:

Just to make sure im getting it right, Roll-Off means? When someone says roll off at say 250Hz, does that mean cut the frequencies below 250hz or cut the frequencies above 250hz?

I looked at the Glossary on this site, but wasn't sure still.

Hope someone can clarify this basic term. Thanks!

don't know whether it has been said already but don't forget to cut out the "you suck" frequecny(500hz) on your kick drums, you will be amazed with the difference.

I have one question.
Mastering the EQ, this is the Engineer's job, am I right?

Is it also an essential art for the Producer to know?

id like to know, plus i want to bump this 2year long going thread!

Ok guys, I need some SERIOUS help.

I don't understand EQ at all, I understand it in a musical sense, like why you have to do it, but I don't understand it in a technical sense and how to use it.

I've got Sonar 5 and they have a Parametric EQ, a fxEQ and a 2-band EQ. I've started them all and I don't understand how to use the recommendations on the first page with the EQ's provided.

I'd get a book or two on basic audio recording theory and techniques... A solid understanding of the audio spectrum is a prerequisite to pretty much everything else.

MASSIVE Mastering said:
I'd get a book or two on basic audio recording theory and techniques... A solid understanding of the audio spectrum is a prerequisite to pretty much everything else.

Modern Recording Techniques by Huber Runstein is THE book for enigineering, PERIOD.

get that..

I don't know how I missed this thread but I just added a lot of new stuff to my mixing and EQ'ing notes....Cool

Firstly and lastly thank you to everyone whom has contributed. Ya'll are some of the smartest, most valuable MFers on this forum. I have gained so much knowledge about making my music than I would have reading any book, just from reading this thread. The importance of a good mix is tanamount for a lot of producers getting into the industry and a lot of folks don't get that. Just when I'm getting irratated with BS conversations on this forum, I know I can come here and gain some knowledge.

Thanks again. Real talk!

It's funny how people were talking a whole lot of shiiit to me just a week ago for posting a link to a frequency chart that said the EXACT same shhit......I personaly don't get it, but i Guess it's all in the deliverance.....Beats da helll out of me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back