Tutorial: Sequencing Software Instruments From Hardware

Dangero:

Just post your question in one of the sections on FP... someone will help you. That's what FP is for :)

take care!

So useful video! It's a pity I don't have enough instruments to try all this

that midi interface or whatever you were using that you plug into your mpc what was that called and where can i get one?

edit
sorry i asked the question here.

Last edited:
Video I am thinking about switching.

Mano You give great detail.

I think I have top notch stuff but I have not been able to setup any of my gear. I have D8B mixing board and I have Motu 2408Mk3.

I also have mpc 4000 and a host of other midi sound modules. to this day I have not been able to sync my mpc 4000 with sonar 5. I do all of my tracks in the MPC and I am having issues trying to record my finish beat into Sonar. the timing is off. I am using Midi Time code and I have also tried Midi Clock. No luck

I am about to ditch cakewalk sonar and the motu 2408mk3 and go with a digidesign pro tools or something what are your thoughts on this?

hey, can i have any vides concerning Roland products...like the Mv8800 and fantom...i need a lotta help...hope some1 can help me out...

Great video mano... but im having a problem with my mpc and sample tank..i loop out a sound from sample tank using the mpc 2000 as my sequencer. There are notes that i didnt hit being triggered for some reasson.. is this on the mpc side or sampletank..i cant figure this out for the life of me.. please help if you can..

sampletank with other instruments

yo mano,i need to know how can i place soniksynth instruments or miroslav or any other instruments folders into sampletank?

Great vid.. but got a problem

What up mano.. i been posting this quite a few times now.. im using a mpc 2000 classic and sample tank. when seqencing the sounds from sample tank using the mpc i have notes being triggered that i didnt hit. For instance i'll lay down a piano line and the a bunch of notes start to be holding down ramdomly... what do you think is causing this?? Your help would be greatly appreciated.

-CalmPlexx-

ganxtah said:
that midi interface or whatever you were using that you plug into your mpc what was that called and where can i get one?

edit
sorry i asked the question here.

Midiman USB Midisport 8 :)

I was trying to find the answer to my question in what people posted but I'll just tell what I got going on straight up.

First of all, the video was very helpful. I was about to spend all night on this but you explained it very well.

So I can control my reason sounds with the MPC. What I really wanted to do was use the MPC for controlling samples and drums within the MPC and use my MIDI keyboard to control synths from reason in the MPC.

You explained how to control Reason sounds in the MPC using the MIDI keyboard. I did that successfully.

Now I have this issue...I can hear everything coming out of my speakers which are connected to my soundcard (M-Audio MobilePre USB) and I know the sounds are going into the MPC sequencer because it plays back on the speakers in "time with the MPC but I can only hear the metronome through the headphones which are plugged directly into the MPC. Also, when I go to record my sample in the MPC, I can only hear the sample through the headphones.

I know I am close, but how can I get this done. I see people doing it all the time...

Okay so I sampled into the MPC like I normally do...I recorded the sample on track 2 meanwhile I had already recorded the Reason sounds on track one using MIDI. When I hit play to play it all back, I can hear the sample in my head phones but not the reason sound and I can hear the reason sounds from my speakers (Out of the sound card) but not the sample...when I unplug the headphones, i can only hear the Reason sounds on the playback in the speakers. Do you understand what I am trying to do? Can you help?

TheLetterL Wich sequencer you want to be the master ? And U want to play the midi keyboard controling reason sounds and then this reason sounds go to the MPC as audio to be sampled ? Or you just want to play reason sounds with the keyboard and drums with the MPC all synched with reason being the master ?

Hey MANO don´t you sample the sampletank drums back to the MPC to get the MPC sound on the drums (specially for the famous D/A MPC conversion) ?

Last edited:
cool video thanx, i have an sp-404 which only has a MIDI IN, i am trying to set it up via midi cable to my midi MPK keyboard(out) i set the channels and everything the main problem i have is how do I route it to receive and play the message in pro tools LE 8? also how to set up patches, or direct me to a video that can help. thank you

Yo Mano I got that part you've really been helpful, now how about running you drums sequences from the drums already loaded in the mpc and adding instrument sequences from sampletank without the instruments playing notes to the drum beat.

Back