Tutorial: Sequencing Software Instruments From Hardware

Hey Mano, are you gonna talk about syncing/tracking your MPC with a DAW program in the next video? I was just wondering how many times you had to answer the same question over and over again. " Lol "

tHankz aGen fer drawPen suM naulidge. LATE! :cheers:

Awesome!! So I'm assuming it's the same thing using Cubase VST 5.1 and a Triton Classic. Ok, if I create a track on the Triton, how would I put it thru Cubase to tweak and enhance each individual track to make it sound clear and full?

Can I save these tutorials to a folder for future reference in case they get removed?

Last edited:
BTU:

tutorials will NOT get removed... what you see here will remain here. For future reference, come back to FP :) .. this is how we stay alive: people visiting the site.

Other question:

I am planning to do a video on "tracking" yes...

I have sampletank 2 free that came with my controller, but its not coming up in protools. now after watching the video i think i'm going to get the full version

shoot i just found out that the free version is not compatible with intel macs.

Last edited:
GRUV27 said:
are the mpc1000 stereo outs connected?i couldnt tell

audio connections are not needed - this video shows you how to CONTROL software instruments ... controlling = midi, midi is not audio.

mano do you no how to stop a sample on the mpc1000 when you go to the next sequence ? i have a long synth sound that lags over into the next step when the sequence changes . if i cut the lenth of the sample it just dont come out right . all i need is for that sound to stop completle at that next step . can you help ? thanks

eugod4life937 said:
mano do you no how to stop a sample on the mpc1000 when you go to the next sequence ? i have a long synth sound that lags over into the next step when the sequence changes . if i cut the lenth of the sample it just dont come out right . all i need is for that sound to stop completle at that next step . can you help ? thanks

it;s not related to this video...

but you can do that by triggering another pad on the same PROGRAM in the next sequence's beginning... that should make the sound go away if you set your PROGRAM up to ONE NOTE setting (no overlapping notes)

Mano - first of all - you are the MAN!

Secondly, I've got a question. Something that I've not been able to figure out for a while now.

I'm running logic on a mac and using it as the master and slaving my triton (via midi) to Logic's clock (midi clock). I recently acquired an E-MU "Mo Phatt" sound module that I was able to connect to my triton for playback of the Mo Phatt sounds by the triton, via midi.

I'm curious - is there a way to hook up the Mo Phatt so that it recieves Logic's Midi Clock information AND triton's control information? The reason I would like to do this is so that the arpeggios and delays on most of the sounds in the Mo Phatt sync up to the clock in Logic.

Thanks for your help.

TT

thats great so your basically using the MPC like a MIDI Controller? could you control your VST's with that too?

did u not watch the video thats exactly what he did in the video. it wasnt acting as a controller at all he was actually sequencing on the mpc.

After you use the standalone player to record your sounds into the mpc how do you save the file? Will the file be saved normally? Do you have to have the VST opend again to come back to the project? How will the VST have the same exact settings as it previously did?

By the way what if your VST dosen't have a standalone? Is there a way to make it have one or an alternative way to open it?

Last edited:
So how do you connect it to PT LE? I have Midi Out A going into the Motif Out and Midi In 1 going to my Motif Out...in my Midi Out B and 2 In I have those connected to my Korg X 50. My stereo outs are going into my mixer and from my mixer into the M- Box 2

that was good info..So if you are saving a sequences on the computer as long as the mpc and connection are right, you should have no problems..recovering those tracks recorded?

Dangero said:
that was good info..So if you are saving a sequences on the computer as long as the mpc and connection are right, you should have no problems..recovering those tracks recorded?

Nono... in this particular case, the sequences live on the MPC... What lives in the computer is a collection of SOFTWARE INSTRUMENTS - the computer acts like a VST RACK, essentially.

What you save on the computer, is the project file containing all these software instruments... the MPC saves the project file containing the sequences, and perhaps some sample-based tracks + drum tracks

this is ONE WAY, of many ways, to use an MPC sequencer/sampler in a studio.

I hope this helps

thanks bro..
I do have a question a little off the subject. maybe you can help direct me. I have a bunch of disk with sound on em and wanted to know if there is a way to have em loaded on protools or my mac so i can access them easier...I have mpc zip drive and protools set up..
thanks...
Dangero

Back