Top 5 Overrated producers

Mike Will, DJ Mustard, Dr. Dre, and Young Chop (can't think of a fifth one right now) in no particular order
I do enjoy their beats it's just people hype them up way too much

If u cant make a beat betta dan dudes u mentioning, den its kinda hating. I see alotta names mentioned of people dat @ 1 point in time pushed de culture and I'm sure if majority of dudes on here get de chance they can't match de talent of who dey naming as overrated producers.

"Take these words and think it through caus de next overrated producer cud b u" lol. by Kevlar

Last edited:
If u cant make a beat betta dan dudes u mentioning, den its kinda hating. I see alotta names mentioned of people dat @ 1 point in time pushed de culture and I'm sure if majority of dudes on here get de chance they can't match de talent of who dey naming as overrated producers.

"Take these words and think it through caus de next overrated producer cud b u" lol. by Kevlar

I don't think it's hating - if you're overrated, you're overrated. The worst is when you're overrated and mediocre lol. I actually like Timbo, so I didn't agree much with him being overrated.

1 - Swizz Beatz ( I like some of his beats but he is way overrated )
2 - Rick Rubin
3 - Dr Dre ( I like a lot of his work but he gets too much credit for other people's ideas)
4 - Ryan Leslie
5 - Lex Luger ( I liked the H.A.M beat, the rest of his beats aren't that great)

This thread lost all credibility with OP's first post. OP basically named some of the hottest, most well-known and innovative producers to hit the hip-hop scene in the last two decades.

Many individuals wid a hate problem don't even know their hating,and hav trouble admittng. If u only started being a part of hip hop since 2000, then IMO u cant b sayin nobody is overrated, caus ur knowledge of de the hip hop culture is limited.

Every style of music dat we hear now origniated in de 90's n 80's. Without proper knowledge of Who, What, Where and why of the origins of the diffirent styles u cant assess or analyze or hav an opinion caus ur knowledge is limited and u gonna jus sound stupid 2 people dat are aware and hav dat knowledge.

I know to de average producer of today dis doesnt matter. It's sad for the culture though.:shame:

the first that come to my mind are these

1) Young Chop
2) DJ Mustard
3) Mike Will
4) Diddy
5) Lex Luger

although to be fair, the music they all create i have no interest in. (other than Diddy) Most underrated for me would be B!nk, or Jake One.

Jim Jonsin (I hate all that dudes material)
Swizz Beatz
J Dilla
Shawty Redd
Rick Rubin
P Diddy
Bangladesh
RZA
Daft Punk
Kanye West
Travis Scott
Mike Will Made It
Wondagurl
Boi-1da
No ID
Ski Beatz

Not a fan of those artists and not sure what people are hearing that I'm not.

Back