Top 5 Overrated producers

beatsbyuRban

Yo ppl.Here Is my top 5 overrated producers.

1. Kanye West
2. Lex Luger
3. DJ Premier
4. Timbaland
5. Scott Strorch

What do you think ?

I think you need new ears bro. And another hobby. Timbaland is the GOAT. Everybody on that list besides Lex has been making hits for almost 2 decades.

1. Dr. Dre
2. Mike Will Made It
3. Kanye West
4. Jermaine Dupri
5. Polow Da Don

All have suspect catalogs. Wanted to add Timbaland too for the same reason, but his sound is too sick & original

I don't think people overrate polow. He was somewhat of a flash in the pan like many producers that get hot and fizzle quick, same with cool and dre. I never thought much of Premier. Mike Will seems to be falling off already. Had 2 cuts on 2chainz last album but no single. Presented 10 tracks to Jay Z, but Jay z turned them all down and just went with a snippet track he had Mike Will make. Hit boy wasn't able to build on the success of Paris and Clique, though he hurt himself by trying to make it as a rapper.

^^^^You kiddin right? Mike Will had a #1 on the 100s mane...over 10 million world wide..................you jumpin time.

Last edited:
^^^^You kiddin right? Mike Will had a #1 on the 100s mane...over 10 million world wide..................you jumpin time.
I know he had 23 and that miley song, but you aren't looking at the time lag of production. Those songs were likely made in 2012 and put out in 2013 but where's he at on all the releases you'd expect to see him on? like I said Jay z rejected him and he couldn't bring a hit for 2chainz. Pay attention, nuthugger, lol.

And more recently he's had 2 singles with Future not crack the top 100. For a guy with his skills and a big production team, wouldn't you expect a constant stream of hits?

And an excerpt from his billbaord magazine article:
"On the phone with Epic chairman/CEO Antonio “L.A.” Reid about his expansive role in
Future’s upcoming album, Future Hendrix. He tells Reid,only half-jokingly, that he’s so sure Future Hendrix will
be a hit that Reid should buy him a Ferrari right now to thank him for it."

Last edited:
I know he had 23 and that miley song, but you aren't looking at the time lag of production. Those songs were likely made in 2012 and put out in 2013 but where's he at on all the releases you'd expect to see him on? like I said Jay z rejected him and he couldn't bring a hit for 2chainz. Pay attention, nuthugger, lol.

And more recently he's had 2 singles with Future not crack the top 100. For a guy with his skills and a big production team, wouldn't you expect a constant stream of hits? Mustard has 3 songs in the top 50 right now.

Mike Will pretty much had 2013 locked down from a producers standpoint. Plus he's supposed to be working on an album which may account for his recent reduction in appearences so far this year

I agree with everyone else, to include Timbaland in that group is just very surprising! In my opinion he is one of the greatest producers hip hop producers...On the other hand, your take on Kanye, is spot on!

Old Kanye ,, man i could make a whole album on just his beats alone, he had so much soul...new Kanye...I dont know that Guy

i dont understand how people can be so suprised about timbaland being on the list. He's nothing special at all... what suprprising tho is dj premier, he has made so many dope beats daym

mike will
not because songs with the "mike will" tag aren't dope,
but because he doesn't make the beats.

as a producer in the classic sense (one who facilitates the making of the track) he's great, but as a producer in the way most in the hip-hop game use it (the beat maker) there's really no answer as to which beats he made and which ones the eardrummers made.

to those saying kanye, i agree recently not the best but i think the body of work will forever keep him out of the overrated category even if his next 3 albums that are worse than yeezus.

Back