This is just sad. Show this producer some support.

condolences that $hit is tough.

yeah one thing, the stock FL drums would assassinate careers... don't know whose idea it was to package some o that trash in a music program, seriously... i've had to get my ass damn near inside the computer to find plugins n samples n 2 piece chicken dinners to work with...

... but to me, even the sounds i use come off electronica in FL...

... USE THE MIXER... i learned the HARD way... but yeah i have that prollem too, but i don't put alotta my stuff out cuz i think alotta it needs some work and finishing too, so... timely process it's really like dealin with a bi$ch 4 real lol

This cat sounds like he doesn't even listen to hip hop.

This sounds like fake hip hop. Like what FP members would sound like if they tried to make a Reggae song or something.

Since when is there a rule on how hip hop has to sound?

his **** is good.... thing is.... he just went into the wrong genre...

I dont know what he WAS trying to do to be honest... but he should have been trying to pimp his **** to the gamin industry....

Going into hip hop or R&B with that chiptune **** is not going to really get you where u wanna go.. Its like trying to fit a square peg into a round hole.

But his **** isnt trash... he just was selling himself in the wrong market probably

the Chiptune music is stuff that i made recently. I didn't go into the market with it. I thought it would be interesting to try it with hip-hop. Why not? I thought more people would be open to it, but A LOT of people don't like it. It's not just the people in this thread. There was a big chiptune trend in Dance music, i though it could translate into hip-hop. i was wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
And modus just returned from the dead, lol. But yea that ish in the video was fire. It seems that he might need to switch up from those stock fl drums he apparently likes to use and go stock up on some kits. But I guess the average listener wouldn't notice. That transformers beat was pretty fire, but those drums were just so so to me. All in all, something just doesn't seem right tho. His beats are missing that "special something". It almost seems gimmicky.

I use the the stock FL drums a lot. i have thousands of drum sounds, butI like 808 drums. I overuse them, and I always use a recycled DJ paul and Juice J drum pattern. I like how their music sounds, and I really like shawty redd and Mouse. i want to have a sound like that but with my own style. Is there a way to get a good 808 emulator? I don't care about it being free or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use the the stock FL drums a lot. i have thousands of drum sounds, butI like 808 drums. I overuse them, and I always use a recycled DJ paul and Juice J drum pattern. I like how their music sounds, and I really like shawty redd and Mouse. i want to have a sound like that but with my own style. Is there a way to get a good 808 emulator? I don't care about it being free or not.

I have a crazy 808 drum kit that I might upload tomorrow when I get off of work. When I said "crazy" I mean out of your mind 808 sounds.

I found this in the Reviews section of the forum.

This is from a member name FearlessVK209xp

I know nobody going to read this thread. I been making music for such a long time, and it seems like literally NOBODY likes my music. I've tried so many different approaches. I've done Sample chopping/pure synth stuff/ Orchestral stuff.... nobody has ever shown a liking to it.

I gave away 100 beats that I made for free, and still nobody took it. I never could really figure out what I lacked. I never sold a beat, and i've only made two songs with rappers. They were my friends, and I know it was just sympathy on their part.

I know men shouldn't cry, but I honestly I feel like crying while writing thread. It's like the last 10 years of my life were a complete waste of my time. All that money that I spent was a waste. I can't even look at a keyboard/sample/drum machine without feeling really empty inside. I don't have anywhere or anyone to Vent all these feelings out to, so i'm just going to do it online.

can someone please tell me what i've been doing wrong. I"m pretty much done with all this stuff now. the Sound quality is bad on some of these videos.

https://www.youtube.com/user/FVK209XP#g/u

oh wow!

you sound really depressed about it..I told you that you should try those music pool company's where you send in beats to hopefully get placed in a tv show or movie or commercial..there's money in it and they're not really looking for the best beats,just something appropriate for their project

you might be tryna shop your beats to the wrong ppl,I mean but some of them do sound like some shyt 3-6 mafia would use but it's only folks around that area that mess with those type beats..sometimes you gotta sacrifice..pack your shyt up and move to Tennessee is an option..music pools and the likes..you seem determined so don't give up,you just gotta get in where you fit in..or continue tryna figure out why rappers don't want your beats and keep trying new sounds..in your case ,less is better,as far as the sounds you are using

if you're thinking about giving up then you were obviously in the wrong business and wtf is a chiptune?

the Chiptune music is stuff that i made recently. I didn't go into the market with it. I thought it would be interesting to try it with hip-hop. Why not? I thought more people would be open to it, but A LOT of people don't like it. It's not just the people in this thread. There was a big chiptune trend in Dance music, i though it could translate into hip-hop. i was wrong.

I mean, you weren't wrong at all my dude... It is refreshing to see somebody at least TRY.. Not too many cats have tried the chiptune **** in hip hop.. Or at least did it WELL... It is tough to flip some 8-bit sounds into track without it sounding electronica. Actually, it is going to sound electronica period, but I have seen a few cats flip 8-bit sounds and make them sound really good... I think 8 Bit Weapon has done it best...

But, it can be done... I encourage you to work at it..

The ones who go the off the beaten path are the ones who break into the scene and stay for awhile...

Your whole vibe is just so strange. There could be use for it somewhere but I don't hear hiphop in it, you can be different but you should not go too far.

Work on making your drums bang harder.

And don't ever put your weakness out in public like that again, MAN UP.

This cat sounds like he doesn't even listen to hip hop.

This sounds like fake hip hop. Like what FP members would sound like if they tried to make a Reggae song or something.

did you listen to the same ish I listened to?

damn, you must be half-deaf, cause half of this mofu's shyt is DOPE. :bigeyes:

WTF? is this some kind of joke? attention-whorism?
seriously, I was like "damn, I could turn half of this shyt into hits!"

:cheers:

man i feel him im in the same exact boat

Damn right. Nicca, you wack!:cry:

Jokes! I am on your myspace now, so far (first song), it's decent. Kinda reminds me of Kanye, in style (Thank You).

Forever is good too. Not my style, but I can't deny that synth and bass.:sing:

Since when is there a rule on how hip hop has to sound?
your an idiot. if there wasnt any rules to how hip hop should sound then anything and everything would be hip hop. i could fart into the mic and that would be hip hop. the bottom line is hip hop has certain qualities that make it distinguishable from other genres.

as far as the original topic. his ish aint that bad, not my cup of tea but i cant hate on it. the thing is though, hes been doing this for 10 years? ****. id expect a little better from someone doing it for 10 whole years. thats half my life.

your an idiot. if there wasnt any rules to how hip hop should sound then anything and everything would be hip hop. i could fart into the mic and that would be hip hop. the bottom line is hip hop has certain qualities that make it distinguishable from other genres.

There is a "how to master hip hop" book out there with all the rules and ****? Who the hell sets rules for hip hop? Did i miss something?

It seems like you missed the hole point of hip hop lol.
Hip hop is about innovation...if you didn't know.

mofos always tryna change hip hop cuz they don't fit in with 'conventional' hip hop music...

it's like chix changin the term 'bytch' to mean something positive 'an independent woman that takes no shyt'..bullshyt,a bytch is still a fukn raggedy ass bytch..just cuz your beat is wack and ain't nothing hip hop about it don't mean it's 'another type of hip hop'..bullshyt,the shyt is wack and stop the excuses

Robotech/Mobb mix was good... I skimmed a few beats on the youtube page and they didnt sound half as good as the beat in that mix.

His beats are very thin & FL sounding...

I use FL by the way... there are ways to escape the thin sound.

did you listen to the same ish I listened to?

damn, you must be half-deaf, cause half of this mofu's shyt is DOPE. :bigeyes:

WTF? is this some kind of joke? attention-whorism?
seriously, I was like "damn, I could turn half of this shyt into hits!"

:cheers:

It can be as dope as it wants to be, but that doesn't mean rappers are gonna wanna rap over it...which IS his goal, right??

I'm listening to his music from a RAP SONG perspective, and it's not going to happen.

His music sounds like Anime Hip Hop. And rappers aren't gonna want that...no matter how "dope" it is.

Back