Simile's, Metaphors, Punchlines... Rhyme.

i guess uk "owns" this section, but u also gotta understand my man, tha alot of stuff you's uk cats write will be dope as shyt...to you guys, but us cats in the states are like, "what"? because ur guys pronunciation is different then ours, and this is vice versa for US cats over in the uk. theres a lot of cats from the states, IN THIS VERY THREAD that are dope, and nothing against nattwalls, but they are a lot better then natty, "u jus cant see it i guess like an alphaebet missing the 3rd letter"

yeah, but when i read a verse written by a us head i can interept it as an american, some of the content i might not get but then sometimes i say **** bout jamie boulger and jill dando or other uk celebs or **** thats relevent to the uk. So thats a difference but i can always look past accents and pronounctillation cos i interept the verse in an american accent - if you get me?

still 90 percent of my punches are interepted the same weither uk or us

i was only playing anyway...

Bud Bunner said:
yeah, but when i read a verse written by a us head i can interept it as an american, some of the content i might not get but then sometimes i say **** bout jamie boulger and jill dando or other uk celebs or **** thats relevent to the uk. So thats a difference but i can always look past accents and pronounctillation cos i interept the verse in an american accent - if you get me?

still 90 percent of my punches are interepted the same weither uk or us

i was only playing anyway...

tbh excluding the uk heads there is like 5 emcees on this site that ive seen that i rate at all...i mean average to above average - the rest are below average...but thats my opinon based on my personal preference

Last edited by a moderator:
I realize as the day’s begun,
That its quite reminiscent of the days to come,

I’m having premonitions of the days that past,
Dazed…Cuz my mind shouldn’t work like that,

It musta been the pull of killa,
Feel as though my mind shot like I pulled the trigga,
Feel as though time stopped but the hours past,
Feel as though my eyes broke like shattered glass,

But even with the herbs essence, I'm still blessin,
So the rest can just sit back, Its time to learn lessons,
Bunner said it, The US comin’ pathetic,
I guess I'm the paramedic that was sent to resurrect it,
Ugh Represent it, But I wasn’t elected,
Still after seein’ this **** I just wasn’t content with,
The fact that right now we ain’t even in contention,
So I stepped in to stop that like intervention,
Sick flow spill with a hint of penmen-
ship, for the ****, that I kick, that I spat,

For the kids, for the fans, and they girls, and the stans…

And that’s the end of the jam.

Idk how complex you would call the first four bars but if anyone doesn't understand for some reason, its basically the opposite of whats possible, cuz u cant reminisce on the future, nor have a premonition about something thats already happened.

naw, gutty. its my lil bro in the pic.

ya losing the game, so ride pine and face-wood/
nothin can save you, not even grace-could//
you wont comeback from where u at, not even mase-would/
but believe that i would, cuz even my cumbacks taste-good//
im charles mansoning this thread, killin just-for-fun/
im gonna make it rain cuz im on fire like con-bust-ion//
your about as hard as prince decked out in purple/
my flow is harder than 20 guys jerkin off in a circle//
your flow is GAY, yes sir, quite litterally speakin/
cuz all your verses have bent over and taken a beaten//
then spead cheeks, faked it and taken an eatin/
"Its 8:45 shouldnt you be at a gay rights meetin???"//

*edit* even tho the verse is good, i know that the structure wasnt. i just dont feel like taking the time to correct it. :)

Last edited:
Back again, kinda bored, feel like writing....

I'm back, feelin like before, but at the -
Same time a new man, Game time the new plan,
Blitz the mass media, attack the name brands,
Rile up the market the cash exchange hands,
Pop recycled artists already done,
Dance recital garbage I don’t acknowledge,
I mean I can understand you starving,
You follow the blueprint, they promise you dollars,
But I’m better than that, And I promise I'm modest,
But if this ain’t sick than the hell do u call this,
You reap what you sew, I prepare for the harvest,
Rich by October, I was barefoot in August,
Through the months past I turned my craft flawless,
Killed this Sh*t, All that’s left is a carcass…

Last edited:
yea for real yovas lyrics are good, but at the same time would not appeal to a wide audience beause a lot of people just couldnt keep up because at the end of each line it didnt hit you. Now i understood you and becase i read it, so personally i liked it a lot. 11/10

Thank you, I was tryin to come with something nice as it was sort of my introduction to this forum, and first impressions are key. Anyway i just mess around at these forums to try to soak up any more knowledge I can about the whole writing process. I've been spitting for about a year and a half, only 17. I dont really textcee (I guess you call it that) much, but I figure its a good outlet to kinda mess around/improve in without having to be concerned with peoples opinions, only feeding off the advice.

Here's something with a more universal appeal gutty, simple structure but I think this one is just more about the meaning of the lyrics.

Time goes by, So steadily,
Living in hell, We wonder what heaven be,
Prisoners dwell, Hopin that they set em free,

Men Die, Leaving nothing but a legacy,
Women Cry, You don't need him girl! let him leave,

Kids lost, so they lead they lives wrecklessly,
What the future has in store we can never see,

It's hard to carry on not knowing whats ahead of me...

See my mom's dear friend she just lost her life,
That means a loving husband just lost his wife,
And with only one job now they lost they lights,
And the kids got no guidance so they lost they sight,
They eldest son got a full time, but never sees rest,
But they say to never suffer would to never be blessed,
We've seen our fair share, they our deepest secrets,
I find my hope through music where the melody sets,
Even songs cry out, Tryna cleanse these streets,
But nothings done the guitar just gently weeps,
Though its hard, we must beleive,
I gotta dream, To provide for my family overseas,
To give back all the love that they showed me,
And see no matter what happens life slowly,
Goes on bound to be blood spilled, Drugs dealed
thugs killed, thats real, but still...

Time goes by, So steadily,
Living in hell, We wonder what heaven be,
Prisoners dwell, Hopin that they set em free,

Men Die, Leaving nothing but a legacy,
Women Cry, You don't need him girl! let him leave,

Kids lost, so they lead they lives wrecklessly,
What the future has in store we can never see,

It's hard to carry on not knowing whats ahead of me...

NOTE*-definetly not keystyled, just a song I wanted to show.

you from uk or us?

imma start posting more of my deeper verses, i like writing and reading them.

Your number two on my list of best writers ive seen drop verses on here, at the moment.

Me ;)

Benjamin (On form) and the rest of the uk heads, You and about 2/4 other americans are the only people i rate, whos verses ive seen.

ok i guess im gonna have to stop screwing around and drop something deep. heres something i wrote when i was 16 i think. cuz i dont feel like writing right now. this is just whati could find right nowif i find one of my more recent flows ill post it.

She wore a dark red dress with lip stick to match,
She was all anyman could disire, but there was a catch...

She dressed to distress and I'll tell you Why,
This hot-tamale tried it on me then I Realized...

A man subconsciously sees things that aren't there
So when he views beauty he can't seem to think clear
Thats why these wemon triple-check their appearence
They know that beauty is the key to a man's clearence

It's true, no lie I wish I had a witness
it started six months ago, and went like this...

Took a step-back, my chest-cracked as I gasped
It was a Kodak moment but I couldn't make it last.
She passed in slow motion, perfume like love potion
Coca-Cola bottle body, hips swayed like the ocean
at that point no matter what her request I woulda awarded
Now with that said, my head's perception was distorted...

Blinded by infatuation, simple minded, infact impatient,
She had me whipped-n-twisted, tight fisted as I stayed-bent.
Determend to give her anything and no one could stop me
of course she was playin me like a literal game of monopoly
racing to meet her demands I was gassed from within
she had me Whipped, but I wasn't a past-tense benz...

As time told, the relationship proceeded to age,
out of the blue the dime left me, but left a page...

on the bed sittin by her Red Dress, was Distress in a letter,
there was only three words written: "I Found Better"
My perception became clear, I was tricked by this chick...
Then..like her last laugh, I saw her kiss-print in Red-Lip Stick...

Last edited:
i didnt like that as much, the rhyming was too basic for me. It was nice but not as nice. Check my new verse in cypher thread if you get the chance.

\dude bud, ive came to realize ur a real double standard azz MF. Okay someody dropped something clowning kanyes words, and you defended him saying "no thats good" , when kanye drops a lot of simple stuff, its just that hes made it, so its ok for him to drop some simple stuff, is that right bud?

Man that last thing zazulak dropped was actually good, it told a story and even if it was simple, i followed the story, and the reason i said u double standard, is because this verse by zazulak is good, and if say...common spit this, exactly the same words, you'd be like "da mn"
Dont be so quick to judge bud, cuz u sure be droppin a lot of whack stuff as well, u have ur good ones and ur ones where im like "is that even the same guy writtin?"

but any zazukal or hwever u spell ur name, it was dope, i could picture common spiitin it, on a real laid back happy type of beat, keep doin yo thing man

Gutty502 said:
\dude bud, ive came to realize ur a real double standard azz MF. Okay someody dropped something clowning kanyes words, and you defended him saying "no thats good" , when kanye drops a lot of simple stuff, its just that hes made it, so its ok for him to drop some simple stuff, is that right bud?

Man that last thing zazulak dropped was actually good, it told a story and even if it was simple, i followed the story, and the reason i said u double standard, is because this verse by zazulak is good, and if say...common spit this, exactly the same words, you'd be like "da mn"
Dont be so quick to judge bud, cuz u sure be droppin a lot of whack stuff as well, u have ur good ones and ur ones where im like "is that even the same guy writtin?"

but any zazukal or hwever u spell ur name, it was dope, i could picture common spiitin it, on a real laid back happy type of beat, keep doin yo thing man

and ive come to realise your the type to ***** over losing a battle. I defended kanyes lines, but they were lines i liked. I personally didnt like these ones, i told sazukal i thought his last verses were nice but i dont like that one. Whats the problem?. Erm, i dont like common much and i dont like this verse so know i wouldnt be like DAMN. I havent dropped one whack verse since being here, ive dropped verses that you mite consider whacker than some of my other verses but thats your opinon and i couldnt give a ****. Because to be honest, you havent dropped one impressive verse. Its nutting todo with kanye making it, i defended lines but most of them were punches.

Fix up look sharp.

lol, ths is funny. i wasnt shootin at you or nothing dude, ive just noticed that you think ur the shyt. If your that good man drop something recorded, and that will prove it. writings one thing breh and delivery is another. still...lmfao, got ur panties in a bunch

If you would have listened you'd understand i havent recorded anything in a long time because i had a really poor quality mic. Im in the process of writing an album to record at a local studio. So every track ive got uploaded is old as ****

hey pm me a link too im curious to hear your stuff!
i know were down to battle, im waiting for you (and ben) to drop your verses!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back