sampling is WEAK

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

ronniebonnie1988

i know i sound like an idiot for saying this in this forum thatz filled wit 30+ dudes with pipe dreams bout rap.....im sorry for u dudes here that think sampling is art...sampling is what people who cant experiment be creative or simply be patient........sampling to me is a form of copying..wait thats what it is!!!! most of u wanna be producers find a somone elses work chopp it and just add drums to it...and u think that was art.......nah is recycling......honestly the some of u that get "offended"" by this.....i dont care.....be creative it works for me....it feels way betta when u know u made some from scratch....some of u fakes and phonies dont feel that way of course..so i say keep on following the trend of bad musicians out therre..best of luck...me and the other original beatmakers gonna do our thing.....one more thing i do this for funn and ill bet ill S on any of ur copy and paste beats....

top 5 wackest producers:

1.the heatmakers
2.kanye west
3.alchemist
4.eminem
5.and others...........u fill it in cant forget bout Dr.dre overrated...

tell me what u guys think......hahahaha

Last edited by a moderator:
ignorance is the worst plague on earth...im a idiot cuz i have an opinion...when youll here stop being internet gangstas u might have a chance of getting a deal or even being heard.... bunch of biters.....

Everyones entitled to their opinion.. and that's fine, but your criticizing where hip hop came from. I'm really shocked. Pretty much your saying that most of the Hip Hop beats that came out between 78 and 95 are garbage. These were the beats that defined Hip Hop and made it what it is today. Hip Hop came from an mc spitting over.. wait for it... the break of a record.. Crazy huh? Im all about everybody being creative and making music however they choose.. I dont knock you for rockin' a keyboard or anything else. So who are you to bash the backbone, history and culture of this music.. cause thats what your doing. Make beats however you want... but maybe instead you should read a book on how this whole thing got started.. check your history. If their were never sampling you wouldn't have this 30 year foundation on which to attempt to build on... remember that. I know we cant all be LIL' John, but lets not knock those who try and stay close to the roots of where all this came from.

I feel ya but i dont feel ya i have did samplin and made orig. but what i consider "art" is what u hear.
Samplin is a somewhat hard thing to do but u don't want to do it so much that it taints your style.
Be Orig. but Be Creative.

*mosHIGH*

ronniebonnie1988 said:
ignorance is the worst plague on earth...im a idiot cuz i have an opinion...when youll here stop being internet gangstas u might have a chance of getting a deal or even being heard.... bunch of biters.....
I'm a producer for major artists, and I use samples, you must 1st understand the art of sampling before critiquing it. If you don't beleive in sampling, you don't beleive in one of the foundations of all modern music genres. Even rock/pop artists sample(Linkin Park, Tool, Madonna, Britney Spears, Fat Boy Slim, Bjork, Snot)If I Record crickets chirping or a thunderstorm and put them in a song, that's the definition of sampling. I think maybe you meant "sampling without creativity?" In which case I'd have to agree with you.

Last edited:
I respect your opinion. But seeing that I dont think your a multi platinum selling producer. and those guys are you might wanna start sampling :)

And I'm jw whos ur favorite producer by chance?

benbounce i like what u said...and trust me i know that hip-hop started from..wait for it...SAMPLING....i know that....i respect truly the backbone of hip hop as u said....im talking bout now how people like the heatmkers with their "crack music" are just making hi hop sound like sorry to ****T....i read books..im a eighties baby for GOD's sake..i grew up on the first era of hip hop....i feel though like we could widen the horizon as producers or lack their of.....not evryone could be lil jon i know who would wanna use the same synthlines in every track......

i feel like producers now dayz just take a ****ing lounge to making beatz.....u think kanye hitting his head agaisnt his equipment...u think he turns on his equipment nad rocks out...no most of them have someone look for samples bang couple of pads on the their mpcs and charge an arm an a leg......

i have respect for pharell and the neptunes cuz i seen them dudes grind out songs from nothing........sampling is hyped.......now dayz it was good 20 yrs ago when it was more pure... i guess.....

honestly im gonna stick wit them dudes that wanna be create from the heart..not from the crate

I wish u had a link to show what u doing thats so fullfilling to u... I sample sounds, riffs, whateva i choose and make my own ideas come to life.... Were $30,000 in profit off the first 2 vol.'s of my remix cd's. What U work'n wit? Kanye and Eminem can pay u to shut up and say ur sorry for being a ****'N HATER. What r u 18? What u know about hip hop? How far u go back to what came b4 u. Who was Scott La Rock?...lol clown. By the way............. Naw, for now just sekkle....New Born.....

ronniebonnie1988 said:
not evryone could be lil jon i know who would wanna use the same synthlines in every track......

no most of them have someone look for samples bang couple of pads on the their mpcs and charge an arm an a leg......

i have respect for pharell and the neptunes cuz i seen them dudes grind out songs from nothing........sampling is hyped.......now dayz it was good 20 yrs ago when it was more pure... i guess.....

honestly im gonna stick wit them dudes that wanna be create from the heart..not from the crate

Yes lil jon used the synthlines but he is getting crazy money. 50K oer track. Music has changed stop trying to a save the music person and living in past with music. Either move along or just keep playing ur old REAL MUSIC. Its a trend thats in.

They charge so much because they have to clear the samples used.
If dudes was making beats like they was 20 years ago no one would buy em cuz thats not the style thas in. Thats not what will be played in the new young adult-adults (16-30) clubs.

my fav producer doesnt do hip hop....he's a composer called hanz zimmer....but i guess when it comes to hip hop....pharell williams i like
.............i knew my opinion was gon start a controvery

NoisyNeighbors06 im working wit 150+ dollars a yr......bu not on music i own land in the carribean villas ****t like that......and yes im a 18 year old...im both from trinidad and dominican republic...if youll wanna see what fullfills me

get @ me on AIM--- youngronnie16 or on msn--

StreetDream_productions@hotmail.com

and ill show u creativeness......i respect yall for doing ur thing ..i think is ovedone

hey relevent im not tryna save no music....im not tryna do anything i was stating an opinion..this is a ****ing forum of opinions....i know lil jon is making crazy money but do u think doing the same ****t ova n ova is nice.....people gotta have pride.........i love wat i do cuz it comes from my head i find inspirations......im not sayinf for peps too make beatz like 20 yrs ago dont be a smart ass partner...im saying to make it wit the same heart.....get @ me on aim or msn...so i can show u some of my stuff...i all youll like......

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh boy... Not another I hate producers that sample thread... :cry: What else is new... And dude I think you mean the composer Hanz Zimmer... Not simmer... Hanz Simmer is a well known underground producer that samples......

Joking...:D

Last edited:
I gotta reply...lol

ronniebonnie1988 said:
my fav producer doesnt do hip hop....he's a composer called hanz simmer....but i guess when it comes to hip hop....pharell williams i like
.............i knew my opinion was gon start a controvery

NoisyNeighbors06 im working wit 150+ dollars a yr......bu not on music i own land in the carribean villas ****t like that......and yes im a 18 year old...im both from trinidad and dominican republic...if youll wanna see what fullfills me

get @ me on AIM--- youngronnie16 or on msn--

StreetDream_productions@hotmail.com

and ill show u creativeness......i respect yall for doing ur thing ..i think is ovedone

hey relevent im not tryna save no music....im not tryna do anything i was stating an opinion..this is a ****ing forum of opinions....i know lil jon is making crazy money but do u think doing the same ****t ova n ova is nice.....people gotta have pride.........i love wat i do cuz it comes from my head i find inspirations......im not sayinf for peps too make beatz like 20 yrs ago dont be a smart ass partner...im saying to make it wit the same heart.....get @ me on aim or msn...so i can show u some of my stuff...i all youll like......
Thats cool Im a man about mine but were talk'n music... Whats samplings place in this game still to this day... I'm gonna email u and find out the workz... I love this part...lol My guy from Bremuda here at the studio wit me wud love to go back and forth wit u on this music tip....As for the paper workz, I got doe Bro, im about to turn 30 in a yr and I bet my depth in this game samples or not are as pure as this thing we call hip hop can get... Im not try'n to clown u but take ur blinders off man and do some crate digg'n and c what this came from.... P.S. Portishead till I D.I.E. and there not even American.....

yo noisy get @ me anytime...so we keep going back n forth on dis....
i like ur pionts of view...maybe i do got blinders on or maybe nott?? juz holla..

ronniebonnie1988 said:
yo noisy get @ me anytime...so we keep going back n forth on dis....
i like ur pionts of view...maybe i do got blinders on or maybe nott?? juz holla..
(I'm Smil'n) OK heres my link.... New Thread posted for a remix Im work'n out for my joint... Peep it out for me '88.

Yo... f opinions I came in here and read every post but that bonner dudes one.....

In all honesty a dumbass comment... best of luck

samplin

me when i sample i dont do it to bite ,most of da time i do it get my own sound by fixin da pitch or strechin it i think u maybe talkin bout samplin sumtin and usin it da way it wuz plus u said sum people sample and jus put drums ova it dats a lazy producer a real producer will sample sumtin , find da key and pitch to da sample and add synths basses drumz changes and all types of stuff jus use da sample bring it out a little or to be da main part and every producer is not da same we have different stylz and methodz yo style is jus different dont think jus cuz yo style iz different everybody elses is wrong

benbounce said:
Everyones entitled to their opinion.. and that's fine, but your criticizing where hip hop came from. I'm really shocked. Pretty much your saying that most of the Hip Hop beats that came out between 78 and 95 are garbage. These were the beats that defined Hip Hop and made it what it is today. Hip Hop came from an mc spitting over.. wait for it... the break of a record.. Crazy huh? Im all about everybody being creative and making music however they choose.. I dont knock you for rockin' a keyboard or anything else. So who are you to bash the backbone, history and culture of this music.. cause thats what your doing. Make beats however you want... but maybe instead you should read a book on how this whole thing got started.. check your history. If their were never sampling you wouldn't have this 30 year foundation on which to attempt to build on... remember that. I know we cant all be LIL' John, but lets not knock those who try and stay close to the roots of where all this came from.

Fool does need a music history lesson. Simple-minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back