Sample producers got no skill...

TravyJLive said:
Ok so Ive skimmed through most of these replys and Ive seen "Soulja boy is a musical genius" and Premier is "talentless" Give me a ****ing break! This is hip hop people!!! Sampling, DJ'ing, B-Boys, Bombing- Its all the culture. Soulja boy is rap, bubble gum, kiddy, whatever you wanna call it, but he's doin his thang and makin money. But for a guy like me I dont listen to it, I LOVE hip hop! If you listen to donuts and you think "What the hell was this guy on?" You just dont understand the music, which is ok. I sample and sometimes Ill loop somethin but when I play it for my latest booty call or whatever (someone that doesnt know how its done) and their jivin and just amazed at how good of a SONG it is, NONE OF THIS MATTERS!! Music is for people to express themselves, making it and listening to it. If Dilla were able to see this thread Im sure he would just be shaking his head in disgust. Music is Music, talent or no talent, loop or no loop. with the right drums, the right sample and the right artist on the track it can be GOLDEN. Now everyone go back to your MPC's, keyboards, whatever your liking and do the people a favor and go makes some GOOD MUSIC! PEACE!!!
well said....

this "samplin aint nothing" type of treads are dumb cause hiphop is built on samplin end of situation, if u dont like hiphop jus say it and dont sample, it dont matter how n wat u sample as long as it becomes a good track, furthermore most hiphop classics are sampled joints ....
look at the chronic, now u tellin me u mad at dr dre for samplin n making classics???..... because some tracks are sampled all the way tru no chops at all.......
i do from scratch n sampled anyway that's wat u call talent u gotta do it all and make it funky, i respect your views but lets just make music, dont tell me u didnt vibe to biggie's "juicy".....1luv.....

Man why do ppl hate on looping so much??? But ppl like Kanye west n 9th wonder do it but they're some of the top beat producers out.. I feel like if someone makes a original beat wit just 3 sounds, bassline and other perc and they make it hot. hey its hot.. But if someone heres a loop, either slow it down or speed it up, add some drums, snares, hi hats and crash etc... and make it hot.. hey its hot... Man ppl need to stop hating on stuff so hard thats y the game so fukd up now man. Music is Peace,Love, and Freedom and everyone has those rights let the ppl make their music
Im out One!!

these threads are pretty pointless im tired of hearing bout the whole sampling vs composition ****, if you cant do both you shouldnt even comment on it, move on, get ova it and let ya music do the talking peace

i agree to a point, but it still takes talent to chop a sample right, and get the right beats and bass line backin it...

gotta think about it, playin strings on a key board aint gonna sound like a old 1960's classic string sample, alot of us dudes cant create a full professional orcastra sound with minimal equipment, so rippin a classic loop from vintage vinyl - which had 10 people playing instruments LIVE at once, thats gonna s#!t all over anything created on digital software...

it CAN be and often IS a no talent craft...but when you are a good producer, or just sample right, u CAN bring out ur own feel in every beat...

i tend to like a certain tempo range, so when im taking a sample a lot of time i will speed it up right to around there, i feel like if you listen to a lot of my beats u will notice that they start to have a certain feel, a lot to do with the drums...drums are my favorite part and i like to think i add my own flavor with that aspect

I think producers get the urge to need to feel like they're doing more than the next man.

Do what you do and qit worrying about what the next guys doing. The music speaks for it'self. You can take a loop and add nothing(Jay-Z ft. lenny Kravitz "Guns N Roses")and still creat a hotter song than alot of sh*t made completely from scratch with intricate transaction or vice versa. None of this sh*t is rocket science, but I'll end it on this note...An 8 year old who's dedicated can hop on a workstation and make some sh*t from scratch, may not be the best you've heard, but he can for the most part get it all down. Sampling takes enough of an intracacy that I can't say an 8 year old could get it down just as easily. But in his defence alot of "sample based producers" don't have sampling down.

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
I think producers get the urge to need to feel like they're doing more than the next man.

Do what you do and qit worrying about what the next guys doing. The music speaks for it'self. You can take a loop and add nothing(Jay-Z ft. lenny Kravitz "Guns N Roses")and still creat a hotter song than alot of sh*t made completely from scratch with intricate transaction or vice versa. None of this sh*t is rocket science, but I'll end it on this note...An 8 year old who's dedicated can hop on a workstation and make some sh*t from scratch, may not be the best you've heard, but he can for the most part get it all down. Sampling takes enough of an intracacy that I can't say an 8 year old could get it down just as easily. But in his defence alot of "sample based producers" don't have sampling down.

Amen!!
Sampling isn't rocket science but it's still not easy but the bottom line is that when a rapper hears the beat whether it's a straight loop from a record, a flip or some dope composed beat,he's inspired to spit not only dope lyrics but bring emotion because he or she really feels the beat and that's the true skill of a producer,bring the best in an artist.

i only read the first post, and i know theres 28 pages but...why even bother this argument? Starting it out referencing DJ Premier as having no style/talent...plain old dumb. If he's doing it, and rappers are making it work and rocking fire joints on top, then let him do it.

i don't get the arguement. People are complaining because a loop isn't chopped enough. How about all the time it takes to find obscure music good enough to loop. And having the good taste to choose to loop it in the first place. Then choice of drums and drum pattern... Good music is good music. People should be grateful someone had the good sense to reserect somthing from the past they prob would have never heard otherwise.. sampling stright loops is how hip hop started.
fucccck....
stupid ****

Niggas need to stop bitchin about sample producing having no skill if that **** hot i dont care bout dat **** and if you not sampling and complaining u need to stfu real talk

Whoaaaaa... 28 pages? I cant believe this... damn I should be workin for some newspaper or some ****.

Listen up... Im not gonna say it again, producers regardless of if they sampling are not need to have skill in order to produce good music thats the bottom of it all, and let me get that thing straight. Though I feel like if you rip everything from top to bottom you not sampling (sampling, taking samples and applyin them in certain ways is what defines a sampler) but just right off biting off someone elses work, DJ Premier is a icon enough said, but it seems like most of the people on this forums worships em producers like they gods or whatever, f that... DJ Premier has ****loads of crappy beats that Id never could believe he was the founder of, and lot people agrees even himself id bet my stakes on. But thats how it is, no matter if you working with music or being a football player. But this is normal though, once you get to the top eventually everyone gets lazy at some point or another, some of those productions are just straight out crap. Most of his productions are straight fiya, and he would make it into anyones top 5 list id assume that knows anything about hiphop music.

Hiphop was born out of sampling, ye it was, but wake the fk up, the world is changing every second, its called development. Just because we did something one way with limited knowledge and technology bk in the days, doesnt rly support your argument.

I'd listen to a non sampled beat anytime of the day, you heard so many samples by now.. its all the same. Thankgod for producers like DJ Khalil that got the balls to reinvent themselves...

Its 2010 and people are still sampling like crazy ie BP3 even new cats like Drake are rapping over sampled beats its not goin anywhere get over it and do u

Back