Saintjoe has "touched" the Beat Thang!!!

I just read a lot of negative stuff on the NI site from the slow updates and delays of features promised. Still looks sick though. I loved my MPC but hated some things that took 10x longer then I could accomplish on a computer.

yeah, every product has it's flaws. I personally love Maschine and I'm looking forward to what the beat thang will bring to the table. I can't wait to really spend some time with it.

I just don't think the two are similar enough to be compared, one is hardware and one isn't :)

Yes, finally someone who understands. And the sooner people understand the Maschine is a software controller and software combo and not a stand-alone MPC equivalent, people might stop trying to compare.

I think the Maschine is indeed very useful for software centric producers, but I think the Maschine itself as a machine is definitely overrated.

It's concept however may very well be the future (.of software).

I just read a lot of negative stuff on the NI site from the slow updates and delays of features promised. Still looks sick though. I loved my MPC but hated some things that took 10x longer then I could accomplish on a computer.

Yeah, but no surprise here g, as it still lacks some of the more basic features people were expecting it to have straight out the box.

Last edited:
that's all opinion, I don't think it's overrated at all, I think it's the illest product out right now.

but that's just me, and how I work. For some it's dope for others it's not, just like any other piece of gear. Some think the mpc is overrated compared to cubase or logic, again, that's how they work.

I just don't think comparing maschine to a hardware and asking which is better is proper, because they both do things the other one can't.

You can't rock maschine without the computer, period. That's where the comparisons should end

now in terms of workflow and features, maybe you can try...but software will always have access to more power than hardware. It's based on your computer so you get more sounds, space, and memory out the box.

Back