Reason 5 beats

you ever thought about that

you keep saying that...

---------- Post added at 02:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:53 PM ----------

they didnt mislead you

yeah they did...

RnR doesn't integrate like it SHOULD.

POINT BLANK, PERIOD.

---------- Post added at 02:55 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

never assume when purchasing a product

yup...

never assume that you are gonna get what you expect...

i was just thinking the same thing...

Record does NOTHING for my workflow...

MAINLY because it doesn't INTEGRATE w/ Reason as seamlessly as i thought it would...

---------- Post added at 08:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

sheit...

the SSL is all you really GET...

that and the ability to track-out your session...

other than that? not much...

i'm not pleased w/ Record at the moment...not at all...
its not that at all for me. I just don't use the time stretch or record vocals. I still use it a lil bit to track my beats from my hardware but for the most part I am only using Reason w/ Record now. I seldom even open Recycle anymore. The track out thing is something that to me makes more sense for Record because Record is a daw for most users. The things it lacks from other daws are midi out due to its closed nature video support and plug in support mainly and I think those are the things that could be deal breakers for some but I look at a lot of these vsts and say how much of this can i really not do in Reason since 3.0. Anyway I dont use the tiem stretch etiher. I love the SSL but its really the only thing I use and sometimes audio tracks if I do remixes. I do like that I have everything I need in Record it does kind of fill the gaps that using rewire left open but I don't need it more than reason

---------- Post added at 05:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:07 PM ----------

I'm currently in the process of trying to make tracks using Record only(Reason Modules of course). But I can't get into it. i wish they had just made the modules in Record available in Reason 5. Or made a way for Record to have the optional workflow of Reason.

But Iim gonna stay at it.
the workflow for me isnt that different its more so I have more than I really need.

---------- Post added at 05:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 PM ----------

and that's the thing...

THAT'S BULLSHIT

props want people to treat their software as a "vst" or even a "virtual workstation", but won't even give us the functionality to MULTI-BOUNCE in REASON??? but will give us that functionality in RECORD?!?!

that's WACK -

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

people that DON'T WANT TO USE RECORD can't MULTI-BOUNCE their work...

SHADY SHIT right there...
i think some people want Record to be Reason and it kind of is but they dont want them to be separate programs at all. I personally like Record as it is.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:17 PM ----------

yeah...fan-boy-ism...

$.02
niggas liking a product is being a fan boy now lol.

Just opinion, not arguing, not siding, just giving my personal opinion.

I feel like Propellerheads knows they have a core base of users that will conform to anything they put out(nothing wrong with that, I'm apparently part of that core base). So I think they overlook simplistic things from time to time because they're not under heavy fire for lack of what their consumers want like Protools was going into v8, like Cubase was going into v4. FL Studio with every upgrade they've ever done.

Propellerheads isn't the only company like this, I feel the same about Apple/Logic. I just fail to understand why Record's GUI that is 100% factually 3 lanes that don't fit on my wide azz imac screen so I know it would look more confusing on my square PC screen wouldn't have been made with the option of using 1 lane like Reason. I don't understand why they didn't just include all the devices in Record(Neptune, Line 6 FX, Audio Clip, ect.)in Reason 5, if it was a security issue, why not add the ignition key to Reason 5?

In the end, this was a "fair" upgrade. I got Record 1.5 and Reason 5 for $150, but in all honesty, I'm gonna remove Record from my computer, can't get into it. Still waiting for Recycle 3.0 that will hopefully have timestretch and be able to import more audio files(mp3, aac, wmv, ect)as well as record audio directly into it.

It seems like people who create music programs should understand the smallest things can effect one's workflow. I've recorded in Pro Tools over a decade, never made a beat in it, because it "wasn't the right environment for me". Can't explain why. Same can be said of record. It differs from the workflow of Reason just enough to throw my creativity off.

Not saying it does the same for anyone else.

why not add the ignition key to Reason 5?

EXACTLY!!!

what the fukc was that all about???

NOT "securing" Reason 5?! the "flagship" program?!?!

they on SOME bullshit...

SOME

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

in all honesty, I'm gonna remove Record from my computer, can't get into it

EXACTLY!

Record is a waste of money.

props need to quit bullshittin' and start givin' us some BETTER shit!

i pay good money for WORKFLOW! and they wanna pussyfoot around on some funny-style type shit...

NO.

gimme my bread back man...

or quit bullshittin' w/ the features...for real
:carnageFP:

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

It differs from the workflow of Reason just enough to throw my creativity off

BINGO!

and that's PRECISELY why i want my money back!

i thought i was paying for SEAMLESS INTEGRATION!

and they gonna turn around and give users some watered-down beat-around-the-bush type of shit?!?!

NO MAN...

they need to step up they shit.

we need WORKFLOW improvements w/ RnR...POINT BLANK.

honestly, i can't even name THREE GOOD reason to even launch Record.

EXACTLY!!!

what the fukc was that all about???

NOT "securing" Reason 5?! the "flagship" program?!?!

they on SOME bullshit...

SOME

---------- Post added at 02:07 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:05 AM ----------

EXACTLY!

Record is a waste of money.

props need to quit bullshittin' and start givin' us some BETTER shit!

i pay good money for WORKFLOW! and they wanna pussyfoot around on some funny-style type shit...

NO.

gimme my bread back man...

or quit bullshittin' w/ the features...for real
:carnageFP:

---------- Post added at 02:11 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:07 AM ----------

BINGO!

and that's PRECISELY why i want my money back!

i thought i was paying for SEAMLESS INTEGRATION!

and they gonna turn around and give users some watered-down beat-around-the-bush type of shit?!?!

NO MAN...

they need to step up they shit.

we need WORKFLOW improvements w/ RnR...POINT BLANK.

honestly, i can't even name THREE GOOD reason to even launch Record.

This is why you need to try demos, is it Props fault for not making what YOU want or is it YOUR FAULT for buying something that WASN'T what YOU wanted.

Its like you buying a car and wanting to keep your old wheels but you find out they don't fit, whos fault is it? yours.

We need to quit derailing my thread.

I need to make a beat.

Anyone listened to that DJ Babu demo song? shit is so simple but it got me inspired, dunno if that was in Reason 4 but I just noticed it.

Last edited:
This is why you need to try demos, is it Props fault for not making what YOU want or is it YOUR FAULT for buying something that WASN'T what YOU wanted.

Its like you buying a car and wanting to keep your old wheels but you find out they don't fit, whos fault is it? yours.

We need to quit derailing my thread.

I need to make a beat.

Anyone listened to that DJ Babu demo song? shit is so simple but it got me inspired, dunno if that was in Reason 4 but I just noticed it.

dj babu song is from reason 4.

^^^Not arguing, me and you actually agree that it's not seamless integration for us, but still not a "factual statement for all. Another good point has been made, demos should've been tried, but when you can get Record 1.5 and Reason 5 for $150, I doubt many cared. I paid $150 for my R4 upgrade from 3.0.

I'm not saying Record doesn't have it's pluses, I'm just saying I wish I could've seen them in Reason. I love that i can now save all my sounds in a Reason sng file, so that anyone with Reason 5 can reopen my project even if they don't have the refills i do(also easy for archiving old beats), but why do I have to load Record because I wanna use a Line 6 Amp or export individual tracks? Why have to load Recycle to chop a sample?

It's all left to preference, I respect all opinions, but, remeber I was the one who argued everything in the production process could be done within Reason. If i didn't wanna load it into Pro Tools or Sonar for these things, I thought Record was gonna be alot more of a compatable option. IN MY SOLE OPINION, it's just as tedious of a process as Rewiring(a little more since I know the GUI of SONAR and Pro Tools better).

You lose all your sends thru the 14:2 mixer(which I incorporate, if you don't, it won't phase you). The multiple lanes throw my organization off, ect.

But I respect it. I respect tons of programs I don't use. I love Reason 5. Amazingly refreshing program for alot of the small improvements that weren't advertised(sound library, new sng save methods, even the slight graphics upgrade), but I would've loved some of the functions of Record to have been incorporated into Reason so I wasn't forced to work in Record for the same stuff missing that would force me to work in Pro Tools.

I woulda gave up a USB port(and I only got 4 on this imac)for them to have protected it with an ignition key if the just made an edition of reason with audio tracks, guitar amps, multichannel export, ect. Since they didn't, I'll continue making songs in Reason, opening record, and rerouting my sends when i need these things.

No beef, loving my purchase, just wanting more I guess.

]me and you actually agree that it's not seamless integration

EXACTLY...

as for all them other cats...

it is what it is...

whatever's clever -

---------- Post added at 11:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 AM ----------

why do I have to load Record because I wanna use a Line 6 Amp or export individual tracks?

EXACTLY...

shit's FELONIOUS -

---------- Post added at 12:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:57 AM ----------

it's just as tedious of a process as Rewiring.

WORD...

which is some straight BULLSHIT when they claiming "SEAMLESS INTEGRATION"...

Cricket cricket cricket... Still waiting for the answer to this comment.

i've stated several times why i feel recrod is the best mixer out of the box on market with out 3rd party plugin support. because 3rd party support to me looking for outside to tools to use in a mixer which is cool but straight out the box i feel record has it hands down look at my previous post and you'll see exactly why i feel that way. this isn't a brand new conversation.

you know what your issue is you have you own interpertaton of what seemless integration is supposed to be. you want it be your way instead of what its intended to be in the program. name one other daw here you can jus open upon a reason session and start adding audio on top of the session without rewire and still make correction on your reason devices and sequencing with no hassle.reason doesn't have a side by side rack view as well. record does. records mixer is amazing. just cause you may not have a use for it does't mean other don't. if you don't like dont' use. line 6 amp i feel is perfectly needed too for record since it mainly use for guitar inputs to begin with because its also intergrated with line 6 hardware equipment. another record feature thats not in reason.

Back