Reason 5 beats

I feel record is a great compliment to reason, you still can multi bounce files in reason. Still can record audio tracks. Sure you can record audio in the samplers but its not the same.you don't have neptuen and you can't time stretch audio as well. Record still has its uses.

Am I the only person who has Reason 5 and Record 1.5 who really finds little to no use for Record since Reason 5 came out? The SSL is all I need from it really I mean Record is nice for remixes and the time stretch is useful but most of my needs can be covered in Reason 5 stand alone now

---------- Post added at 02:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:35 PM ----------

i didnt think you would like Reason 5

i didnt think i would either, but i just tried it on a whim, and i **** with it

I'm currently in the process of trying to make tracks using Record only(Reason Modules of course). But I can't get into it. i wish they had just made the modules in Record available in Reason 5. Or made a way for Record to have the optional workflow of Reason.

But Iim gonna stay at it.

I'm currently in the process of trying to make tracks using Record only(Reason Modules of course). But I can't get into it. i wish they had just made the modules in Record available in Reason 5. Or made a way for Record to have the optional workflow of Reason.

But Iim gonna stay at it.

honestly for me its the same workflow i've always had. i dont see the difference.

are you saying that Reason 5 can finally bounce MIXER CHANNELS to stems / .WAV files???

---------- Post added at 10:52 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

yeah...until props make a few changes, Propellerhead RECORD is HYPE

no you can't i was trying to fast you can not multibounce in reason. mixer standalone mixer has nothing on records mixer. which is far from hype. you have to actually get into records mixer which i fell as standalone mixer the best on the market. im speaking of mixer without using 3rd party plugin support.

you can not multibounce in reason

and that's the thing...

THAT'S BULLSHIT

props want people to treat their software as a "vst" or even a "virtual workstation", but won't even give us the functionality to MULTI-BOUNCE in REASON??? but will give us that functionality in RECORD?!?!

that's WACK -

---------- Post added at 11:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:00 AM ----------

people that DON'T WANT TO USE RECORD can't MULTI-BOUNCE their work...

SHADY SHIT right there...

you do realize you can't multibounce on any workstation keyboard or vst... in several daws you can but reason is not a daw lol. record is somewhat of a daw. you cant even do that in pro tools you do realize that dont you lol.

Last edited:
you do realize you can't multibounce on any workstation keyboard or vst... in several daws you can but reason is not a daw lol. record is somewhat of a daw. you cant even do that in pro tools you do realize that dont you lol.

RECORD aint a "DAW" either...but they let you multi-bounce in that...so...

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

you cant even do that in pro tools you do realize that dont you lol.

pro tools is where all of the session files are intended to END UP AT...

IN A WAY, it makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER for RECORD to have multi-bounce functionality OVER Reason!

if the props were to take a SURVEY, i'm pretty damn sure that MOST PH USERS would vote to SHIFT that feature from RECORD to REASON.

if your actually on teh props board you woudl realize most of its users are pretty satisfied with record... if you don't like record don't use it. lol. you can still just use reason 5. standalone lmao this is too funny.

Last edited:
RECORD aint a "DAW" either...but they let you multi-bounce in that...so...

---------- Post added at 01:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:08 PM ----------

pro tools is where all of the session files are intended to END UP AT...

IN A WAY, it makes NO SENSE WHATSOEVER for RECORD to have multi-bounce functionality OVER Reason!

if the props were to take a SURVEY, i'm pretty damn sure that MOST PH USERS would vote to SHIFT that feature from RECORD to REASON.

who says pro tools is where all sessions files end up what if i want to use logic or cubase or sonar. i prefer mixing in logic over pro tools everyone is different why do people expect all programs to work just alike. lol. im not a fanboy im just stating fact here lol.

Last edited:
logic or cubase or sonar

exactly my point...

"DAW" software is where files are supposed to "END UP"...no need for "DAW" software to be able to multi-bounce...they are the "final destination" of sorts.

many OTHER applications (i.e., FL STUDIO) where music files are generated allow multi-bounce functionality...which they should.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE that is LOGICAL as to why Reason DOES NOT have that ability and Record DOES.

exactly my point...

"DAW" software is where files are supposed to "END UP"...no need for "DAW" software to be able to multi-bounce...they are the "final destination" of sorts.

many OTHER applications (i.e., FL STUDIO) where music files are generated allow multi-bounce functionality...which they should.

THERE IS NO EXCUSE that is LOGICAL as to why Reason DOES NOT have that ability and Record DOES.

because reason is seperate product from record thats is the most logic explanation there is. total seperate product you can use record standalone without ever haviong to purchase reason. you ever thought about that. (remember these are facts regardless whether you agree with it or not these are facts) as you know the feature that are in reocrd are not in reason when you have reason combine with record it all becomes one product. if you own record whats the problem since you have the choice if you want to use record features or not. if you want record feature with reason use record or dont use it at all.

---------- Post added at 09:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:34 PM ----------

because they're lettin' shit "slide" that really SHOULD NOT be "sliding"...

to each his own though...
:smokinFP:

but whos to say that but you. your opinion is not the final verdict of product for everyone else. thats like me saying fruity loops sucks and everybody is supposed to agree. no my opinion doesn't makes things a fact.

how were you mislead they gave you a summary of program and you were able to download the demo before purchasing the product whos fault is that if your not satisfied lol.

if you own record whats the problem since

the problem is that i PERSONALLY don't think that Record was worth the money for several reasons...and frankly wish to have my money back...

is that a crime? i don't have the right to feel like Record ain't worth the money?

---------- Post added at 02:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

how were you mislead they gave you a summary of program and you were able to download the demo before purchasing the product whos fault is that if your not satisfied lol.

i ASSUMED that they weren't going to BULLSHIT the buying public...

...guess i was wrong.

BOUGHT A MIXER...wow.

ok its the same as buying 3rd party plugins for pro tool or such which is triple this amount of what record mixer offers. you ever thought about that. there is nothing misleading in props products if you go to there site they tell you exactly whats in the product. it was your fault that you spent your money and wasn't satisfied not props they didnt mislead you. or force you to buy record or reason. and you actually bought a mixer, with unlimited track count. new effect devices the ability to record aduio tracks, 3 different time stretch features. and the ability to included all of reason's effects and devices. where's the problem. your problem is you assumed.. never assume when purchasing a product because you can only be mad at yourself not the company. we all have made that mistake one or twice.

Last edited:
Back