Reason 4?

bravo brotha said:
they need to come out with a controller that can be used in the different sound modules for example if you press a button you will have all the knobs automactically set for redrum or if you press another button the knobs will be set for subtractor or malstom also the need to let you seperate your druum track so you can send them to protools ie your kick drums on one track your hihat on another so you can edit them protools
why press a button if u change tracks it does that automatically

JimbaFrosty said:
im having pepsi with crown royal in it and its great
captain_morgan.jpg

If Reason had audio recording and multitracking, it would be the ultimate program. Not sure if I actually want vst support... I would just get lost in the vst world with all these romplers.

It's time people warm up to the fact that Reason really isn't gonna move in the direction of being a real soft studio. The Props have put it in a weird state of limbo. They call it an instrument, but it's not nearly as convenient or useful as a VSTi because it only works through cumbersome Rewire which many people reject. It has some of the features of a soft studio, but not nearly enough to compete with other soft studios. Where does that leave Reason. I believe that the Props will add some more of what's already going on in Reason, more FX, more instruments, etc, but their main focus right now is most likely on a whole new product. Something that is truly self contained and all-encompassing. They will do something that no one has thought of, which has been their way of doing things since they started. All of their products were kind of groundbreaking new ideas.

actualy they call it a workstation now for the last what 1/2 year?

theirs gonna be some big plans for the future. most of yall ppl just hit record and play out ur **** k most of us do. the only thing i care about in a sequancer is quantize and that it has some good swing i can work with. ALOT of yall dont actualy see what u do when u make a beat so u ask for 2405720485 things u dont use. im not defending reason at all. im just saying b4 u know what u REALLY need and want u should go over ur set up and whta U ACTUALY DO when u make beats like every lil aspect. most ppl will be fine what what all reason has to offer or other so called "limited"programs. i honestly why the **** yall care so much and debate on the gay facts of a program on how it has no vst or w.e debate on its compressers (scream vs the new bad boy) compare the subtrktor to other subtractive vsts and so on have real debates that help ppl learn and challange them selfs.

most of yall are not even close to being beat makers let alone producers and its sad to me REALLY sad cos i used to love this fourm alot and thought it would be the LAST fourm to turn into crab but most of the great ppl have left or dont come in that often no more. alot has changed and theirs no real debates, real talk on hardware and the pros and cons of it, on artists and beat making and production tips and all that.

plz find somthing better to do then talk about the same old **** and back up the same old **** with the same old siht. make it worth the time and REALLY debate about it. theirs been some good point and **** on this one but i mean how beat the **** up is this cat gonna get b4 its not even flesh left on the ground?

JimbaFrosty said:
most of yall are not even close to being beat makers let alone producers and its sad to me REALLY sad cos i used to love this fourm alot and thought it would be the LAST fourm to turn into crab but most of the great ppl have left or dont come in that often no more.
I would recommend from now on that you try to piece together a sentence that spells correctly before commanding your rhetorical masterpiece and saying this place has gone down as well as saying that there people are not beat makers. If that is so, why not do something it about it? Make your own website, post your own Reason 3.0.4 RPS file etc.

Why is it that people that find it easier to offer advice (or criticism) than to accept advice (or any criticism)?

I believe that you have not explored Reason fully and that you find it easier to debunk Reason than to learn from it. You want an easy software well go the eJay route. You want usefulness go to "Toy's R Us" and buy something that will be useful. I think Reason has shown us things and introduced people to a whole new concept of computer music. And this is exactly where Prop Head's are going with their software so **** your ignorance and your "find somthing better to do" ideas. And grow the hell up man.

Last edited:
well u havent been here long enough to see al my posts from the past years i have offerd more then alot of help and have done almsot all the above but build my own website. you did not read my hole post either and need to grow up. what i am stating is true. most of yall are not even beat makers and should have better things to do. Have a problem? then shut my ass up by doing somthing about it. everyone here x, mano, sleepy, trusty, LA, HnR, Blue print, lj traxx, lots and lost and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of ppl will tell u ive done a **** load and have even shared my OWN personal secrates (yes im not correcting my self on spelling and gramer no need too) which not only did everyone and their moma wanted to knwo but **** that i should not have to let ppl know cos their my own personal **** i do but i like to help ppl.

Their was a time where this site was FULL of great and new information, great ideas shared, great debates, smart and inteligent ppl that KNOW their **** about music, production, beats, programing, mixing etc but now all i see is either check out my ****, hip hop is dead, FL vs reason, HRDWR vs SFTWR, and other usless ****, the last real thread of good infromation just got closed and it was started with reason and went into more deep **** (cant remember his name but is in the game making moves for years and he can co sign me helping on this fourm too) nothing i said was rhetorical. quote where im doign that? how many ppl have to come on here to tell u that ?

YOU need to grow up. I made a statment and told FACT not ***** i even said so. You got hurt fellings and got mad. look at how long ive been here... since 2004. if you think i dont im not helping look at my posts from almost 3 years of being here? thats just on THIS one.

and if ppl want help ill still help them. not only in reason but in w/e program or aspeect on production post them here. but dont act like a lil ***** cos i hurt ur fellings in telling truth and fact. thats on u pimpin. ive done more then my share and dont ***** about this dumb **** no more unless its wiht ppl like x or trusty or ppl who can really get deepinto a debate then " NAW SONG THEIR SEQUANCER IS CRAP" and thats all they say or "IT NEEDS VSTS SO IT SUCKES" ca man if u where here longer then from 2006 you would have seen ALOT of great things. but as sad as it is thats all in the past

KEV J if u got any questions on reason ask here and me and the fourm will help.

Last edited:
JimbaFrosty said:
well u havent been here long enough to see al my posts from the past years i have offerd more then alot of help and have done almsot all the above but build my own website. you did not read my hole post either and need to grow up. what i am stating is true. most of yall are not even beat makers and should have better things to do. Have a problem? then shut my ass up by doing somthing about it. everyone here x, mano, sleepy, trusty, LA, HnR, Blue print, lj traxx, lots and lost and lots and lots and lots and lots and lots of ppl will tell u ive done a **** load and have even shared my OWN personal secrates (yes im not correcting my self on spelling and gramer no need too) which not only did everyone and their moma wanted to knwo but **** that i should not have to let ppl know cos their my own personal **** i do but i like to help ppl.

Their was a time where this site was FULL of great and new information, great ideas shared, great debates, smart and inteligent ppl that KNOW their **** about music, production, beats, programing, mixing etc but now all i see is either check out my ****, hip hop is dead, FL vs reason, HRDWR vs SFTWR, and other usless ****, the last real thread of good infromation just got closed and it was started with reason and went into more deep **** (cant remember his name but is in the game making moves for years and he can co sign me helping on this fourm too) nothing i said was rhetorical. quote where im doign that? how many ppl have to come on here to tell u that ?

YOU need to grow up. I made a statment and told FACT not ***** i even said so. You got hurt fellings and got mad. look at how long ive been here... since 2004. if you think i dont im not helping look at my posts from almost 3 years of being here? thats just on THIS one.

and if ppl want help ill still help them. not only in reason but in w/e program or aspeect on production post them here. but dont act like a lil ***** cos i hurt ur fellings in telling truth and fact. thats on u pimpin. ive done more then my share and dont ***** about this dumb **** no more unless its wiht ppl like x or trusty or ppl who can really get deepinto a debate then " NAW SONG THEIR SEQUANCER IS CRAP" and thats all they say or "IT NEEDS VSTS SO IT SUCKES" ca man if u where here longer then from 2006 you would have seen ALOT of great things. but as sad as it is thats all in the past

KEV J if u got any questions on reason ask here and me and the fourm will help.
agreed. this forum used to be great with the debates and intelligent conversation that goes on here. Too many people come and go for it to really have that same effect tho. 2 people I can think of inparticular who left who I wished didnt Hel and Cubaserox. Both of these cats always had some useful and intelligent info to share. I personally grow bored and annoyed with the same bs day in and day out here and wish I could find a new forum to learn new information but the problem is that most forums online are like this. And to those that doubt this cat I will vouch for him he does know his stuff. He put me up on a lot of stuff in Reason I didnt otherwise know existed.

Intelligent conversation and debate normally doesn't involve telling people that you know what they need better than they do. Nor does it involve telling people that they're not real beat makers, a whole lot of cursing, or unintelligible writing. Whatever it is that you think you're doing, it's not intelligent debate. But I'm trying to keep the talk to actual software and sequencers, what this forum is supposed to be about. I'm trying not to go back and forth on this personal stuff.

Last edited:
rando said:
I have'nt used the full version of reason...but I've used the demo...judging by it and pics of the squencer.......it does look like garbage.

Maybe you should use reason holmes, I listened 2 your beats and I don't mean to be a hater but they need some work duke. I'm no kanye (yet) but I make everything on reason (the sequencer is so easy and intuitive) and I got some heat rockers. Check me out at,
http://www.myspace.com/hastyleakadaboygenious

Xabiton said:
lmao im not defending anyone Im just stating my opinions. people dont know what they are doing and they say reason cant do things when in fact u just dont know how to do it. i actually find recycle to be a waste Id rather use a wav editor thats where my comfort is right now

I think recycle is dope just for the fact that it can auto chop beats and have your slices hit right on point and if you dont like where a particular slice is you can move it in either direction or remove it completely. It makes sampling hella easy!!

Last edited by a moderator:
hastyleboygenious said:
I think recycle is dope just for the fact that it can auto chop beats and have your slices hit right on point and if you dont like where a particular slice is you can move it in either direction or remove it completely. It makes sampling hella easy!!

I don't quite like to chop with Recycle. I think it's easier to chop by ear in the nn-xt... This is maybe because from my mpc 1000, I am used to be able to adjust the chops while I am making the beat. You can't do that with rex files in reason, you gotta open up recycle again and and resave the rex file.

kev_j said:
Appreciate it dude. :cheers:

What happened to your myspace page Kev... you left my top 8 with 7 people in it... ha ha... out of 240 some friends... I can only think of about 5 that I actually consider cool people...

On the REASON tip... Rumors are circling that there will be no REASON 4... and REASON will go the way of REBIRTH... Free... with it's own museum.

They said that there's going to be another program that's going to change the game again and REASON will be just like REBIRTH was in REASON... and there will some sort of REASON INPUT MACHINE...

I'm gonna still ride with Propellerheads though, even if they're slow as siht... REASON is one quality app... you can't deny that and so many people have gotten proficient with it that....

THERE'S NO NEED TO RUN TO ANYTHING ELSE BECAUSE IT HAS A FEW NEW FEATURES.... REASON works with everything anyway.

People SCREAM VST support.... Silly. Get a Host that has audio in and VST capability (Ableton...cough cough) and make REASON one of your VSTi's... simple...

People will load up Korg Legacy Edition... Then load Albino... Then load Edirol... but then bytch about Rewiring REASON into the SAME HOST...

WTF?

biggrome said:
What happened to your myspace page Kev... you left my top 8 with 7 people in it... ha ha... out of 240 some friends... I can only think of about 5 that I actually consider cool people...

On the REASON tip... Rumors are circling that there will be no REASON 4... and REASON will go the way of REBIRTH... Free... with it's own museum.

They said that there's going to be another program that's going to change the game again and REASON will be just like REBIRTH was in REASON... and there will some sort of REASON INPUT MACHINE...

I'm gonna still ride with Propellerheads though, even if they're slow as siht... REASON is one quality app... you can't deny that and so many people have gotten proficient with it that....

THERE'S NO NEED TO RUN TO ANYTHING ELSE BECAUSE IT HAS A FEW NEW FEATURES.... REASON works with everything anyway.

People SCREAM VST support.... Silly. Get a Host that has audio in and VST capability (Ableton...cough cough) and make REASON one of your VSTi's... simple...

People will load up Korg Legacy Edition... Then load Albino... Then load Edirol... but then bytch about Rewiring REASON into the SAME HOST...

WTF?

LMAO! What up Rome? Myspace was nothing but trouble dude. :bigeyes: We'll talk later though! Gonna set up a new page for my music though so I can get back in the myspace game.

As for Propellerheads, if they change the game like they did with Reason, it's gonna be something ridiculous! Time to do some research to check this out.

hastyleboygenious said:
Recycle is dope I just wish it worked with more audio formats I wish it was more of an actual audio editor. Mobious has all the features that i wish Recycle had but I love recycles interface.

biggrome said:

WTF?
exactly

Last edited:
yay! Reason for free. another useless CD in my arsenal! ^^ j/k
regarding FL actually is based upon Rebirth in the first place....

Last edited:
Back