Rah Digga Says Iggy Azalea Is Not Real & Not Hip-Hop

The problem isn't Iggy, it's how we classify Hip-Hop. Every other genre has sub-genres, hip-hop doesn't. You can't compare Iggy Azalea to say Nas, it's not fair to either of them, they make entirely different music.

It's like a hard rock metal band saying a punk pop band isn't making "real rock music". Rock has clearly defined sub genres tho, so those types of comparisons are fewer than hip-hop where everyone who raps no matter the style or genre is compared to each other.

Ah, the boardroom committee decided to test out some 4/4... ;)

Some of this is non sense....
Its no love anymore i see...
-tho i wonder how much love she has for it...

Im not sure I get your point, but your post does make me think- How does Iggy define herself?
I dont really know.
Does she claim to be 'the rillest bish in hip hop' or sommat, or just a 'regular aussie girl doing music'?

Last edited:
O.K.........is this funk or is this hip hop or is this R&B or WHAT THE HELL IS THIS SHIT? It was "black music" to me growing......but this is 2014.....we have been told it is not and that it needs to be classified as something......SOOOOOOOOOooooooooo....let's classify this OTHER than that shit that used to make the JET and EBONY charts.....MFERS!!!!!!

We can call that the same as this, right.....we don't need to call it hip hop, though. These MFers ain't rappin...they ain't singing either though....

nigga lOok like a young fat ass version of Bobby Jimmy don't he....OLE "NUMBER 2 WITH CHEEZE" BOOTY ASS NIGGA.....

Kiss my ass.........been drinking.......ain't tired of you young white people calling my black ass racist because I call black music, BLACK MUSIC.....you mfer you!

Oh....but it was cool that common called it black music.....since it started a MFERING BEEF HUH......and gave yall ass some black hate to listen to...huh? :D

Wake yall asses up. This shit ain't that serious. Vanilla Ice had Ice Ice Baby..........niggas were bumpin the hell out that shit......til they were told they shouldn't.....and more and more MFERS started clai9miong the shit was weak......AND SO WE HAVE HISTORY....then weak ass mfers took it far enough to pin point BLACK HEROS and water their name down.....like MC Hammer....who was a REAL NIGGA!!

That's why I say get your OWN UNDERSTANDING. Hammer was a real ass nigga, but the (NEW YORK INSFESTED HIP HOP COMMUNITY) wanted to dirty him up....he wasn't from NY, he doesn't have skills or more real and important (doesn't sound like) he from New York........so whatever blessing this guy has with his "positiveness" let's FUUCK IT UP!!! Because we don't walk around with clown outfits and have big money spent for TOTALLY AWESOME TOURS!!! You pun k ass hip hop mfers couldn't think on the entertainment level of Hammer so your jealousy pour out HARD!!! There was NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MFING SHOW like the one HAMMER...A BLACK MAN FROM THE STREETS (WHO PUT OUT STREET MUSIC) could compare. But these weak ass hip hop community mfers wanted to make his "commercial success" outweigh his positive message and positive attitude....and unlike today.....the leaders of the hip hop community and all who was a part of it GOT WHAT THE Fuuck they wanTed!!!! A bunch of bullshit ass street rappers talking all of that struggle and hard times bullshit like that was THE ONLY MFING THING THE GHETTO WAS ABOUT!!! And what do you have today? A bunch of dumbasses who are stuck thinking THAT'S THE ONLY THING THE GHETTO IS ABOUT!!! They in the hood and still can't see...with they dumbass. Walking pass everything and only seeing what is GOOD FOR THE HIP HOP COMMUNITY.....in which they can gain attention.

It's all bullshit yall.

Last edited:
Face it, we all have our strengths and weaknesses. Black folks create(trends, virtually every genre of music,), and White people are good at running businesses and administrative functions. Music doesn't always solve our differences even though music is supposed to be universal. I have mixed feelings about even that statement. Is mariachi music universal? How about country music? Take Rock for example today. Blacks created it yet aren't embraced with open arms in a genre we created. The term universal is conveniently used only in certain instances. Rock, Country music or Mariachi music doesn't cater to all. Why should hip hop abide by different rules?

Last edited:
^^^^exactly!

There is an energy that surrounds music. It's more than just how it sounds. That ENERGY has a MAJOR EFFECT on us do to the amount of attraction it possesses. That is why you are forced to have an opinion on that POWERFUL ENERGY! It is a science.....proven true. It is why all publicity is good publicity.

Nobody complaining about yodeling music....................but who is the MOST POWERFUL FORCE OF ENERGY?

You are just doing what science has found to be infinite when you add to that energy how much something is or is not!

That same energy is what got a mediocre artist like Kendrick Lemar the shine he has............Now look at him!

Macklemore....who the fuuck is that? Nobody talkling about him no more............wonder why? hhhmmmmm.

Understanding that energy and how the world turns with that energy will get you FAR. The problem is the understanding of it. The ignition of getting it started. A Lot of ass kissing. A lot of WATCHING WHAT THE FUUCK YOU SAY. A lot of meditating to get all that can interfere with that shit. It ain't easy.......to be FOCUSED. You thought you were focused.....when you were only in the "process" of thinking about the focus. Shit like that.

I'm against the "real" hip-hop conversation, and I'm against holding everyone to the same standard because they rap. Same thing with the term "R&B" ... However, I definitely consider Iggy to be a pop artist that raps. Not because I don't think she writes or have a problem with the blackface connotation, but because she seems like the token rap verse on a big pop song. Fancy was about the Charli XCX hook & the Clueless themed video more than it was about the verse, and commercials that play it cut out the raps as if it isn't her song. I like Black Widow after experiencing it at a party recently, but that's another song that's about the hook ... it even has that instrumental break after each hook, which further minimizes her role. (early) Eminem & Mac Miller are big on the culture and ciphers and all that so I consider them "hip-hop". Mac went back to that after having big success with more of a pop rap sound on his official debut, whereas Eminem moved more towards a rock type sound. Yelawolf I consider rock because Big Krit said you have to measure him like a Lynard Skynard moreso than typical "hip-hop" aesthetics. Macklemore's music sounds like a rapping pop artist to me too. But I don't make those distinctions to be negative

Also, her numbers aren't based on winning over the "hip-hop" audience. Which is why Nicki is more relevant to the overall culture and most of the fans put her ahead of Iggy. Iggy got her first big push when she went to the UK and got into the EDM "trap" sound, and then she brought it back hear and got the young pop audience

It's funny that people don't even feel they are "trained" to think how they think in the same way as the people they feel are "trained. smh....like since they love hip hop that they are not trained by the media so they are "realler".

Just be real and claim to be an "OutKast".........your way is not "right" and there's is wrong.

Talking 90's hip hop as if it was real.........the fakest of it all. Nas was fake as fuuk. Biggie. Pac. You name a rapper and they were fake as fuuck. Even in the late 80's with all of those fake ass rightous rappers. See, if you don't put NO LAWS behind shit......then NOTHING hold's weight. But see, nobody wanted to accept laws because they would keep them from making "MONEY". So if being a rightous teacher was making money, you picked up books and read and it may change your life.....or you just rap like the nigga who is convincing enough to have people believe what he is speaking is some real shit.....the same way with Pastors. Read a scripture and tell you some shit that has nothing to do with what we all read together....but it is sooooo convincing that you will beat somebody ass if they go against what you belioeve in that he spoke..........without you getting your OWN UNDERSTANDING.

It'as hard to swallow that hip hop heads are the fakest people in music history. It's like 90's hip hop defines what is real. Like the 80's didn't exist. When you see people's bullshit ass top 5 greatest emcee's list it has the same 5 rappers in a different orders.......HOW FAKE IS THAT SHIT???!!! Just so happen that all of them rappers in they top 5 from New York.......two of them were in a deep beef with each other in what were consider the greatest diss songs ever in history...(WHICH IS SOME MEDIA INFESTED BULLSHIT INPLANTED IN YOUR BORN IN 96' BRAINS!!) Argue that shit.....you get your head chewed off by these hip hop head folks. Like somebody couldn't be better than Nas, Biggie, Jay Z, 2Pac, or................(deeeer...since others say Big Pun and he dead and he sounded like he was dope and I had his albums but only listen to them a couple of times).......yall ain't got no top 5 you got a top 4 with a random select between Pun and Big L.

But yall always got the nerve to talk about these folks who watched BET the basement religiously, bought magazines and put pictures on their wall, studied these artist, kept their MFing mind focus on exactly what they wanted to be, and when they get there....they don't deserve it but some lazy mfer with skills who LIE like they do it for the love......NAW THEY ASS AIN'T GOT NO MFING DRIVE!!!! People you see DESERVE THAT SHIT!!!! The people you don't don't deserve a MFING THANG!!! Like causes and like effects....(that's an actual law right there like the law of physics.) These rappers need to quit focusing on these hard working mfers going after their dreams and start "HAVING SOME DREAMS AND VISIONS OF THEIR MFING OWN!!!!!! It's bullshit!

What the f_ck are you talkin about...
So minus all the bs... ur saying iggy is just as real or "fake" as big pac pun or l....
im suoer confused from reading this and then the post after...??

Last edited:
^^^^^^you're as real as where your thoughts lead you too. Ice Cube a fake ass nigga for making them movies, right. That's where his mind lead him. Yours and my thoughts on Big Pac or whoever is only a MFing opinion. It's been beat across our heads soo much that we keep them as some kind of facts....as if everyone loved them. And as if that should take away from other rappers.

One lesson in success.......take away the competition of it all. A competitive mind is a mind prepared for loss. It's the reason people feel the way they do about rappers.....as if someone is deserving or not deserving. IT TOO MANY DEAD GUM RAPPERS to be singling out the good and bad ones as we do.......WITHOUT YOU HAVING A LEGIT REASON WHY they are not good. It sucks that hip hop is so competitive that we disregard the reward two people in battle receive which is much greater than our own selfish feelings toward hip hop.

Like fuuck man.....the girl is from Australia.......and raps.....and on the mfing charts. That's not enough for hip hop.......oh she is white...my bad. It's an abomination to put a white female rapper and Pac or biggie in the same breath. REALITY MFING CHECK....they all did the same thing. Got on a mic and rapped. You see it as more than that......you and only a few others......BUT WHAT ABOUT THE REST OF THE WORLD?

Like I said......better off calling your selves OUTKAST....and quit acting like your world rules the world....it never has, never will.

...So shes just as real or fake (if my mind leads me to either) as big and pun gotchu...
Tho she went from brittany (spears) to diamond (crime mob)...
thats def hip-hop...
Or something...
Im not sure what hip-hop is anymore...
I mean i thought i did but now that i've been told, that i have been told who my favorites r my world is upside down...
I mean i thought i listened to the albums n broke down the lyrics... maybe i was fed to believe ones lyrics are better or realer then the other ...
- i mean they hopped on the mic n did the same thing
I gotta lot to think about...
-off to my vices

That's the great thing about being "human". You have a right to feel that way about WHAT YOU LOVE! You are moved more by where they were lead than Iggy. BUT!! Nobody can say that someone in the world doesn't feel that way about Iggy as you do about your favorite rappers. That would be Bullshit.

It's really not fair to others when your choices are limited. Redman is not considered in people's top 5................not saying he should be there...saying there shouldn't be five already filling that spot in people's mind by DEFAULT. REDMAN WAS A BIG DEAL.......how could we forget? But his name doesn't hold the weight it should. Because we got to have dope dealing rappers fill the five. We don't think of these rappers as dope dealers thougth. Ther lyrics are sooooooooo powerful that we forget that ever other song they have created mentions the DOPE GAME. That must be some kind of MFING hip hop rule. You must rap about being a drug dealer to be in the top 5.

most of you are missing (or ignoring) the historical context and the specific blackface connotation that goes along with her caricature persona, that's what the issue is above all else

It's really not fair to others when your choices are limited. Redman is not considered in people's top 5................not saying he should be there...saying there shouldn't be five already filling that spot in people's mind by DEFAULT. REDMAN WAS A BIG DEAL.......how could we forget? But his name doesn't hold the weight it should. Because we got to have dope dealing rappers fill the five. We don't think of these rappers as dope dealers thougth. Ther lyrics are sooooooooo powerful that we forget that ever other song they have created mentions the DOPE GAME. That must be some kind of MFING hip hop rule. You must rap about being a drug dealer to be in the top 5.

The point of the thread was...
Is iggy hip-hop... ??
I den heard pac big L pun red big nas jay...
- which no one is denying...
But ur reaching (paragraphs) tryin to prove iggy is...
She went from brittany to atl vocal blackface...
--
most of you are missing (or ignoring) the historical context and the specific blackface connotation that goes along with her caricature persona, that's what the issue is above all else
- which i brought up earlier... which i should have just ended with....
:topicclosed:

She went from brittany to atl vocal blackface...
--
- which i brought up earlier... which i should have just ended with....
:topicclosed:

And Snoop went from Straight gangsta rap to being a doing a song with Willie Nelson.......to having a Jamaican accent.......
2Pac was two faced......one minute he some pro black dude and the next minute he screaming bad boy killer and blah blah........saying fuuck all yall.....that NOBODY CAN BE TRUSTED.....
You mfers defend Biggie.....a dude who claims he got goons that will kidnap your kids and fuuck them in they ass throw them over the bridge and shit...

See yall got excuses for these evil mfers, right.....but all you got is that Iggy is part of the white washing of hip hop. You have no real reason to hate her so you make up shit.

Look at this fake ass black dude acting white

Yall have no excuses. Sorry. If you don't like her....just say that. Like I said....Real niggas were bumpin Vanilla Ice.....until (the people like yall) told them they shouldn't .....it made them less of a real nigga to do it. It's bullshit.

But of course you want to defend the bullshit. You have no excuses.

Last edited:
You can take ANY artist and pick them apart to a point where they are not real.....even Rah Digga.

NOW!!!!!!! NOOOOOW!!!! If all rappers were keeping it 100............then we could do that. That's why you let some shit slide. Rap wasn't meant for you to take so seriously. Don't let the few rappers and rap groups that went into that direction early fool you....because there were only a handful.....and they were not making serious gwop! Yall waited too late to complain....should've been born in 1967.........

Last edited:
Willie Nelson is a stoner icon, as is Snoop Dogg today. He's far transcended the teenager from the Rolling 20's Crips that he started out to be. So beyond the song being country aesthetics, its not a stretch or a sellout move. Tupac wasn't two-faced ... he was human. That's what everyone loved about him. There's a video of him saying it starts out peaceful as we are hungry please feed us, then you don't get it and its we hungry give us some food, then you dont get it and turns into yo we kickin in the door blasting. The black panthers was a precursor of sorts to the Crips & Bloods, which started off more righteous. Its not a stretch. As far as Biggie, its called hyperbole. He's painting a picture based on the life he once lived. Not necessarily everything was a personal narrative, some of it was speaking to the culture at large, but its the climate he grew up in. And that was never all he talked about. More importantly, you can't compare any of this to Iggy Azalea, because there is no historical context of disrespect, cultural appropriation and oppression connected to those three. I kinda wish TI would stop acting like he doesn't understand people's frustration based on that, and just say that he made a business decision. He signed her to a publishing deal, meaning he gave her an advance & helps on the A&R side creatively connecting her with artists & producers, and then gets a chunk of the back end money. Which kinda makes me feel a little more at ease about the culture vulture aspect, because you do have a Black man, an actual artist, at the top of that food chain reaping the benefits ... which is historically the opposite. Its like how Jay-Z said "I'm overcharging niggas for what they did to the Cold Crush". And that Black man (TI), is putting out positive family programming and helping out other Black artists, and the community, etc. I just wish he wouldn't act like he doesn't know the historical context and making detractors out to be "reverse racists"

^^^Very poor excuses. Sorry. They got paid to rap.....in the INDUSTRY...point blank. When you in the booth.....they all are equal.....got a JOB to do. IDGAD about the content of the song they writing about, their life story, their financial status, how DEEP the message is, their personal whatever. BOTTOM LINE............she is an artist.......she DOES HER MFING JOB! The same as those gangsta rappers who have brain washed you.....ironically. So no....in the itty bitty world that is the hip hop mind.....she doesn't compare.......but the large picture outside of hip hop's thought process...(which is a small one) it's an equal playing ground. Everybody don't see these rappers to look up to them and read their documents and put their pictures on the wall and dress like them and all of that bullshit..........even playing field in the REAL WORLD.

versace...................versace, versace..................versace, versace.....

Last edited:
Back