Rah Digga Says Iggy Azalea Is Not Real & Not Hip-Hop

instead of seeing it as a negative you should see it in a positive light and be proud of the way hip hop has flourished around the world...hip hop has become something bigger than ourselves..its more than colors..yes it has evolved and ppl dont like change..but its a beautiful thing

If the Corporations didnt rape and pillage it and bleed the industry dry I would agree with you. Corporations reaped the benefits on disproprportionate levels of the artists labor. That's my biggest beef but hey that's what they do.

Last edited:
If the Corporations didnt rape and pillage it and bleed the industry dry I would agree with you.

Same here and the only reason I disagree is the simple fact that even though Whites have been involved with "our" culture since Hip Hop's genesis I will die feeling that Blacks and Latinos initially defined it. All the "multi-culti" shit is an attempt to erase "our" and Brown folks validity as even their contributions to the culture are and have been, just as it is with Black women, an afterthought.

Last edited:
Back to Rah Digga - I think she was pretty much saying homegirl is wack, but is breaking records left right and center because the industry is forcing her down our throats like they do Drake and Nicki Minaj. Difference is Nicki and Drake actually could spit (and wrote their own rhymes) before they were on majors.

Same here and the only reason I disagree is the simple fact that even though Whites have been involved with "our" culture since Hip Hop's genesis I will die feeling that Blacks and Latinos initially defined it. All the "multi-culti" shit is an attempt to erase "our" and Brown folks validity as even their contributions to the culture are and have been, just as it is with Black women, an afterthought.

The issue with that line of thinking is that you now have two generations of kids who grew up with hip hop being played in their house. These are kids of all races and backgrounds not just Black and Latino's therefore there is going to be a growth in the amount of multi-cultural influence spanning much further than just the American Black and Latino influence. We now have hip hop in every corner of the earth being made by people who have never known the disadvantages of the lower east side kid who grew up in the projects, but their music is no less hip hop or an honest outlook on life as they see it.

It is not marginalizing the influence, that history has been written and hip hop during it's days of grinding out a niche for itself is very heavily steeped in Black and Latino culture, there is no taking that away, but it grew into something so much bigger and encompassing than just one region or race.

Saying Iggy Azalea is wack or even not hip hop is "ONLY" a hateful statement.

The girl has skills. Who she compares to is another story.

Get that money...........the people who love hip hop will leave you broke but will always tell you that you are better than................................the person MAKING MONEY.

and once you start making money..............then rappers are ready to express their feelings for you....BUT BEFORE......you wasn't shit except to a few....and that few grew. Be fruitful.

I don't know of Iggy's past.....she most likely grinded hard to get where she at. People talk all of that marketing bullshit like a person ain't putting in work.... because YOU GOT TO DO THE WORK ALONG WITH IT!

Niggas worse....the shit they do in the street is the same "fake ass" shit Iggy and nem be doing......

3:07......point blank........

Damn, a lot of people just buy whatever is being sold I guess?

Iggy is a product, and the furthest thing from real 'Hip Hop' that I can imagine.
The debate itself is nonsense to me.
Of course Iggy is not "real". Of course she is not "Hip Hop". Who the hell is even questioning it? Are they 14 years old?

Ice T embarrassed himself going at Soulja Boy, or when KRS went at Nelly and got humbled. Scarface called out 50 Cent for being a snitch on a dis track no one heard, DMX ol' ass mad cuz Drake won't respond, Lil Kim still can't get over Nicki's success....see the pattern here?

I do see a pattern.
A pattern of real shit being tossed aside for bullshit.

Does anyone want to hear Iggy "rapping" about kangaroos? I dont know, but itd be real.
Hip Hop doesnt care about being real anymore? Should it?
Let the best fake accent and fake ass take the crown?

Bunch of bullshit winning right now...

u guys sound so childish when u bring up the kangaroo and australia concept..they can turn around and generalize americans in worse ways..what are they gonna rap about in the US??..self centered, obese people??...nah they rap about money, women and cars they don't have..but thats "real" right?

It was just an example to make a point, from me.

Her entire public image is complete fake. Crafted in a boardroom. You cant see the difference between that and a rapper from the ghetto talking about cars he doesnt have?

Rappers, traditionally, talk about the bad things they came from, and the good things they want, or have now.
Iggy doesnt know what she wants, and isnt allowed to talk about where she came from. She is empty. A clone. She is remote controlled.

And dont get me wrong; Thats fine. But its not Hip Hop.

It was just an example to make a point, from me.

Her entire public image is complete fake. Crafted in a boardroom. You cant see the difference between that and a rapper from the ghetto talking about cars he doesnt have?

Rappers, traditionally, talk about the bad things they came from, and the good things they want, or have now.
Iggy doesnt know what she wants, and isnt allowed to talk about where she came from. She is empty. A clone. She is remote controlled.

And dont get me wrong; Thats fine. But its not Hip Hop.

so all those true hip hop artists out there who won't deviate from that formula you posed are any less hollow or cloned?

I dont get what you mean.
By formula you mean the 'bad things/good things'?
I dont see that as a formula, just as the traditional roots of the genre, kind of. I posted that in response to alienaircraft saying US rappers talk about things they dont have.
I admit, the current reality is a lot more nuanced and complex than that.

so all those true hip hop artists out there who won't deviate from that formula you posed are any less hollow or cloned?

i don't think mainstream and validity really go hand in hand anymore..like i always say..even back in the day..tupac was a DANCER first..than a gangsta rapper??...come on ..we've known its fake for years..i dont think its about that deep down inside for most of you.i think its about something else

What's hip hop? This! Say otherwise you full of shit.

What's not hip hop? This. Say otherwise you are full of shit.

Nuff said. It's good to tell the truth even if it reveals your jealously. Because that's all it is. There is nothing deep about what is hip hop and what's not. Yall know what is and ain't.....your jealousy only tries it's best to prove otherwise. It is what it is. There is more of your taste out there than it is of people your focus is on that have BIGGER FINANCIAL DREAMS. Some go for the art, some go for the money. It's more science to making money in music than ART alone......people are NOT spending money on garbage. THEY ARE BOTH ARTIST.

"I am an artist........I have the creative license to say whatever I feel at that moment." Jay Z

u just compared iggy azalea to snoop..of course there is a difference..the other thing its 2014..music always evolves..you guys see hip hop as this thing that is going to stay frozen in time and never change..but just like every other genre..hip hop is a musical genre and it changes..the OGs always hate on the newer generation thats how it will always be..

..but just like every other genre..hip hop is a musical genre and it changes..the OGs always hate on the newer generation thats how it will always be..

Well.....let's do a rundown of genres that have changed ((((((so tremedously)))))))) that they are hardly recognized as "that genre"?

"There are only two types of music........good music and bad music." Duke Ellington

You get stuff like this when you focus on the money vs keeping it real for a hip hop culture who is stuck on traditions made by New York artist along the way to keep you FOCUSED on them and their way. There never was a rule book......just causes and effects. You bite somebody shit, then you get that ass ate alive on wax or live, you get looked down upon, you whooped that ass, or something......but it wasn't a law NOT to because if it was it would've stood til this day of people constantly BITING! If it was a law then MORE AND MORE people would call out the biters and discredit them. BUT...people try to and they fail because......there never was a LAW behind it....just opinions. Like running after the red toy fire truck.......there is no LAW saying that whoso ever yanketh the truck out of one's hand if both grab the truck at the same time shall have the truck.........Tommy is better at convincing the teacher with his punk ass tears. WHO'S FAULT IS IT? Worse than T.V pastors.
https://homes.yahoo.com/blogs/space...young-buy-selena-gomez-s-house-235238881.html

Last edited:
It's funny that people don't even feel they are "trained" to think how they think in the same way as the people they feel are "trained. smh....like since they love hip hop that they are not trained by the media so they are "realler".

Just be real and claim to be an "OutKast".........your way is not "right" and there's is wrong.

Talking 90's hip hop as if it was real.........the fakest of it all. Nas was fake as fuuk. Biggie. Pac. You name a rapper and they were fake as fuuck. Even in the late 80's with all of those fake ass rightous rappers. See, if you don't put NO LAWS behind shit......then NOTHING hold's weight. But see, nobody wanted to accept laws because they would keep them from making "MONEY". So if being a rightous teacher was making money, you picked up books and read and it may change your life.....or you just rap like the nigga who is convincing enough to have people believe what he is speaking is some real shit.....the same way with Pastors. Read a scripture and tell you some shit that has nothing to do with what we all read together....but it is sooooo convincing that you will beat somebody ass if they go against what you belioeve in that he spoke..........without you getting your OWN UNDERSTANDING.

It'as hard to swallow that hip hop heads are the fakest people in music history. It's like 90's hip hop defines what is real. Like the 80's didn't exist. When you see people's bullshit ass top 5 greatest emcee's list it has the same 5 rappers in a different orders.......HOW FAKE IS THAT SHIT???!!! Just so happen that all of them rappers in they top 5 from New York.......two of them were in a deep beef with each other in what were consider the greatest diss songs ever in history...(WHICH IS SOME MEDIA INFESTED BULLSHIT INPLANTED IN YOUR BORN IN 96' BRAINS!!) Argue that shit.....you get your head chewed off by these hip hop head folks. Like somebody couldn't be better than Nas, Biggie, Jay Z, 2Pac, or................(deeeer...since others say Big Pun and he dead and he sounded like he was dope and I had his albums but only listen to them a couple of times).......yall ain't got no top 5 you got a top 4 with a random select between Pun and Big L.

But yall always got the nerve to talk about these folks who watched BET the basement religiously, bought magazines and put pictures on their wall, studied these artist, kept their MFing mind focus on exactly what they wanted to be, and when they get there....they don't deserve it but some lazy mfer with skills who LIE like they do it for the love......NAW THEY ASS AIN'T GOT NO MFING DRIVE!!!! People you see DESERVE THAT SHIT!!!! The people you don't don't deserve a MFING THANG!!! Like causes and like effects....(that's an actual law right there like the law of physics.) These rappers need to quit focusing on these hard working mfers going after their dreams and start "HAVING SOME DREAMS AND VISIONS OF THEIR MFING OWN!!!!!! It's bullshit!

Back