Pursuit of Happiness (Hip-Hop Beat) [**100% F4F**]

I like the beat but I have two suggestions. First of all, use a louder/clappier/higher snare. Right now the thing that hits on 2 and 4 is really not doing it for me as far as headnod. Also, when the piano's not playing, the beat sounds empty so I'd add some backing chords, just strings or a choir or something to fill it out. Overall though I like the vibe and the bass drum is cool. Keep it up and thanks for the feed.

Aight, thanks for the feed guys , there seems to be a consensus on changing the snare i'll try different combinatons of snares for the 2nd and 4rth bar. I'll see about maybe adding something to the break part or maybe making it shorter. Thanks

Wow, Awesome work. Totally enjoyed it. Cant wait to listen to it again actually. As others mentioned, I could envision an mc spittin some awesome lyrics to this. I know a few who would love to get there hands on something that sounds this awesome.

Good idea man, now that you mention it I might try some higher chords with the cellos in the second part + switching up the violons. Thanks

---------- Post added at 02:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:32 PM ----------

Thanks mate, really appreciate it ! I don't have anyone to rap on this yet so if you know people interested tell them to contact me :)

Last edited:
Great work man, the sounds are great. What did you use to make this? And the drums are nice and fit the track ;) Good job

Thanks man, I used FL studio, I used Alicia's keys for the piano, EWQL symphonic orchestra for the various strings. As far as the drums I downloaded a huge hip hop library a while back, the kick is layered 5 or 6 times. For the mastering I used izotope Ozone.

---------- Post added at 04:27 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:25 AM ----------

Thanks for the feedback man ! I am a piano player and never played drums so I always have trouble with the drum track. Do you have any recommendations on how to diversify a drum track, I would appreciate ? thanks mate

Greetings.

I like this. The string melody is nice. I think the piano is nice with emotion but it does remind me of Eminem's song. Intentional? Or not? Still a good track. I think the piano can be placed in the mix a little better. Good job overall.

I have my third beat tape coming out this fall/winter and I premiered a track from it entitled "Astral Atlasatlantis", please return the feedback by downloading it here(official version): The Toasted Travels: New Toast: "Astral Atlasatlantis" from SPACE TOAST VOL. 3 and commenting here: https://www.futureproducers.com/for...-*early-exclusive-space-toast-vol-3-a-449283/

- TTT

thanks man ! haha as far as sounding like eminem, it's probably unintentional but I really don't mind, I don't listen to a whole lot of rap actually, a lot of eminem back in the day, and some macklemore x ryan lewis more recently so those 2 influences probably appear in my music. Thanks for the feedback mate, on my way to your thread to listen to your track !
Cheers

Back