Propellerhead Conference - I was there ! Check the News !

Ok I checked the site and nothing new to me....all heard before in the conference...now I listened to the demosongs and somehow I am not sattisfied with it...it sounds a bit dull...perhaps they didnt use as much reverb as I would but it lacks freshness...thats the same problem Reason had with its own audio engine or master mixer...I worked around by using the audiophile combinator which gives the instruments the normal presence again....but I thought this wouldnt have been necessary anymore...but its ok !

By the way I am downloading Record right now...I am a beta tester !
And will post some impressions on it !

Peace

By the way I am downloading Record right now...I am a beta tester !
And will post some impressions on it !

Peace

Im downloading it also! The propellerhead servers must be getting hit pretty hard because it seems like its gonna be a while before i can test it.

wow!!!

i missed allot here...

you guys did not celebrate mothers day?

much love to all the mothers out there...

first off, the bench mark song...

for all of you who use the bench mark song in their argument how many times have "you" created a song that complex...

most of yous do not know what modulation is (chord change)...

i bet the composer of the bench mark song does...

how many tracks are actually in a hip hop track? it is not like composing an arrangment for a 20 piece big band or a classical piece.

i would love to see a hip hop track/song using reason choke a machine to death... i.e. drums, perc, bass, melody, counter melody, harmony, samples, efx (please post one. a logical one at that).

let take the individual on the forum who has the most powerful computer, i bet if they have omnisphere i could make a track that would bring thier machine crawl too. what does that prove? nothing...

next point, propellerhead would be stupid if they thought that individuals that have invested 1000s of dollars in equiment would drop what they are using for Record. that would be stupid. please!!!

bottom line, propellerhead has created a new product. thier track record for new products is untouched. the same way it took "years" for individuals to see the beauty of reason (including myself) in my opinion the same will be said about Record.

i have notice over the years individuals put more time into gear than the actual music (ie reading reviews about products instead of working on thier chops). there are tons of individuals that put music over gear because having skills (chops) are more important.

here is a productivity index/ratio.

monies made from your music/monies spent on your equiment

yes, it is nice to have a quad machice with 100 gb of ram, 2 500 gb hard drive, all the eastwest sample libraries, all specstrasonic libraries, wave supa duper bundle, etc but you if are not making any money why purchase all that?

what propellerheads are saying you do not need to invest a 100 million dollars into a setup. you just need a modest machine, reason, record and if the talent is there you could get the same results as that producer down the block who has credit card bills up the "buzzut" by buying all the equiment they have and do not utilitize (some do not know how to utilitize). it tis as simple as that.

inconclusion, i am a ableton live and vsti man but i do own reason too. if i was starting out and have not made one cent with my music i would start with reason and Record because you could get the same results at a fraction of the price from a company known for quaility.

once the money started rolling in then i would buy a studio on the level of electric lady...

no disrepect to anyone just stating my opinion.

Last edited:
i just saw the trailer...

Record is for musicians and not audio engineers...

for all the individuals that think that Record is not up to snuff, what instruments do you play? really play?

now i understand the negitivity surrounding Record. it is catered to musicians...

for all the individuals that think that Record is not up to snuff, what instruments do you play? really play?

now i understand the negitivity surrounding Record. it is catered to musicians...

word, and songwriters who wanna create quick ideas

man, i could sync up my bass, and BOOM, that will be a GREAT do some nice basslines in

especially if the amps are nice, i could hook up a guitar, direct into my mbox and boom fast and easy

thats why im excited for it lol, i know they werent going to Re-invent the wheel

but its like this.. when your expectations are low from jump, you cant be dissapointed.. i knew they werent gonna use VSTs.

i think this ****s gonna be cool

word, and songwriters who wanna create quick ideas

man, i could sync up my bass, and BOOM, that will be a GREAT do some nice basslines in

especially if the amps are nice, i could hook up a guitar, direct into my mbox and boom fast and easy

thats why im excited for it lol, i know they werent going to Re-invent the wheel

but its like this.. when your expectations are low from jump, you cant be dissapointed.. i knew they werent gonna use VSTs.

i think this ****s gonna be cool

another great feature

Two Become One
If you have Reason registered and installed on your computer, all your favorite Reason devices will automatically be available within Record's ever-expandable, multiple racks. No setting up. No ReWire. It just works.

unlike ableton live (which is my main sequencer) where you have to create a audio track for each device...

it stream lines the whole process of rewiring...

you make a beat/song add vocals, instruments, etc export individuals audio track and send the individuals tracks to an engineer for mixing.

not all musicians are audio engineers because engineering is an art on to itself...

yea, they hit the nail on the head with this one...

ay man, when u feed a homeless man a cracker.... i bet you hes gonna tell you its the best thing hes ever eaten lol

so for dudes like Me, who use nothing but reason.. and only go outside of reason to edit audio, this is pretty cool

No offense intended...but statements like this are just assonine.

"What instuments do I play"? Because I don't want to give up a DAW I invested thousands in for $150 scrapware? "It's not geared towards engineers, but musicians"? lol.

Dude, I play violin, any bowed instrument for that matter, guitar, Keyboard, and a plethora of percussion instruments.

I'm classically trained on sting section and can play keys by ear, not that B.S. excuse foir not knowing what you're doing "play by ear", but can emulate any melody I hear.

Don't buy into the hype Prop's is using to sell a Daw just like any other Daw on the market aside from it's limits.

Again, this is great for the person who didn't aready have a DAW, but a Line6 effect? Timestretch? Recording capabilities? lol, the $20 ver. of Cakewalk has this crap and CAN STILL LOAD VSTs. And since when is a DAW "not for musicians".

Don't try to downplay those of us who weren't entertained by this bullsh*t accessory, please.

No offense intended...but statements like this are just assonine.

"What instuments do I play"? Because I don't want to give up a DAW I invested thousands in for $150 scrapware? "It's not geared towards engineers, but musicians"? lol.

Dude, I play violin, any bowed instrument for that matter, guitar, Keyboard, and a plethora of percussion instruments.

I'm classically trained on sting section and can play keys by ear, not that B.S. excuse foir not knowing what you're doing "play by ear", but can emulate any melody I hear.

Don't buy into the hype Prop's is using to sell a Daw just like any other Daw on the market aside from it's limits.

Again, this is great for the person who didn't aready have a DAW, but a Line6 effect? Timestretch? Recording capabilities? lol, the $20 ver. of Cakewalk has this crap and CAN STILL LOAD VSTs. And since when is a DAW "not for musicians".

Don't try to downplay those of us who weren't entertained by this bullsh*t accessory, please.

i was waiting for you to come in :cool:

but please read all my posts in total, thank you.

i do not think that propellerhead are targeting anyone who has invested 1000s in equiment.

again, 1001 songwriter/beatmaker/producers are born everyday. that is who they are going after.

why would anyone throw out a $500 DAW that they have been using for a minute to buy something else. that does not make any sense to me too.

to quote you that would be assonine...

please read my post in total.

it easy to knit pick a sentence at a time...

Yo as I said...I opened Record on my PC right now and its pretty cpu intensive...started the demo songs and my cpu went straight to 50 % and I have a core2duo 2*3,0 Ghz with 4GB ram...but this thing is really nice...I recorded some vocals and this thing is sounding amazing....by the way the statement above about the audio quality was because of the encoded mp3 ( propably 128 ) but the actual songs in record sound amazing. Added the audiophile combinator to the master and I was blown away...

P.S. Yo sont look at it just as a recording program...you can still make your beats and then import the song into record and mix your drums and instruments on the SSL console ( pretty good emulation )...pure fatness....!

i was waiting for you to come in :cool:

but please read all my posts in total, thank you.

i do not think that propellerhead are targeting anyone who has invested 1000s in equiment.

again, 1001 songwriter/beatmaker/producers are born everyday. that is who they are going after.

why would anyone throw out a $500 DAW that they have been using for a minute to buy something else. that does not make any sense to me too.

to quote you that would be assonine...

please read my post in total.

it easy to knit pick a sentence at a time...

What do you think I missed?

I'm the guy who taught a huge chunk of FP how to get the best sound out of Reason standalone. I'm an advocate of Reason standalone. I still use a Dell Deminsion 4600 and Reason ONLY to produce. I'm also the guy who says $200 for ReCycle is rediculous and so while most just hacked it, my loyally spending hard earned money azz learned to load wav loops directly into the NNXT. I'm also the one who was furious that I learned the ins and outs of Reason 3 only to pay for an upgrade that no longer functioned in the same way and actually was a downgrade IMO. I'm sure for me, ReCord would be just as much of a dissappointment. I'm now tired of being loyal to a company that doesn't want to listen to customers.

I get what you were trying to say, I corrected it because a $150 recording mechanism with no outside support in 2009 IMO is just stupid enough that Prop's advertising dept. came up with the slogan that "it's for musicians" to corner the market that Pro Tools made popular by not supporting anything but Propellerhead's software.

I'm over their propoganda. It's a good thing they're dropping the same day as FL9, I'll go with my free for a lifetime update and keep it moving.

Last edited:
^^^What do you think I missed?

I'm the guy who taught a huge chunk of FP how to get the best sound out of Reason standalone. I'm an advocate of Reason standalone. I still use a Dell Deminsion 4600 and Reason ONLY to produce. I'm also the guy who says $200 for ReCycle is rediculous and so while most just hacked it, my loyally spending hard earned money azz learned to load wav loops directly into the NNXT. I'm also the one who was furious that I learned the ins and outs of Reason 3 only to pay for an upgrade that no longer functioned in the same way and actually was a downgrade IMO. I'm sure for me, ReCord would be just as much of a dissappointment. I'm now tired of being loyal to a company that doesn't want to listen to customers.

I get what you were trying to say, I corrected it because a $150 recording mechanism with no outside support in 2009 IMO is just stupid enough that Prop's advertising dept. came up with the slogan that "it's for musicians" to corner the market that Pro Tools made popular by not supporting anything but Propellerhead's software.

I'm over their propoganda. It's a good thing they're dropping the same day as FL9, I'll go with my free for a lifetime update and keep it moving.

i have read you post over the years and i know you are down with reason.

i think because of your audio engineer/sound signal background you were able to understand the product before others and brought that information to the forum.

propellerhead has made a killing with reason being a closed system. they have done what the customer base has asked for in most part. they added a better sampler from verision 1, a better synth, better effects, combinator (individuals did not know how to create an instrument, so they created a short cut), mastering, improved the sequencer and now have added audio.

think about, why add vst/i support? they are holding true to thier orginal idea of a closed system. what is so wrong with that?

that model does work, right?

think about, why add vst/i support? they are holding true to thier orginal idea of a closed system. what is so wrong with that?

that model does work, right?

I respect your opinion, but simply can't understand it.

Why add VST support?

The Grand 2, Hypersonic 2, Trilogy/Trillian, Stylus RMX, Atmosphere/Ominsphere, Philharmonik, Sampletank, Native Instruments (!!), EWQL stuff

100000 free VSTs, Waves effects (with SSL, Maserati and API bundle), T-Racks, Antares Autotune & Mic Modeler, TC effects, and so and so on.

(translate the above to your favourites)

plus every hardware that comes with a VST/DX interface like UADs and Powercores

AND, never forget that NOT everybody use warezed VSTs, that means they paid for it. They won't switch to something they can't use their stuff in.

Last edited:
I respect your opinion, but simply can't understand it.

Why add VST support?

The Grand 2, Hypersonic 2, Trilogy/Trillian, Stylus RMX, Atmosphere/Ominsphere, Philharmonik, Sampletank, Native Instruments (!!), EWQL stuff

100000 free VSTs, Waves effects (with SSL, Maserati and API bundle), T-Racks, Antares Autotune & Mic Modeler, TC effects, and so and so on.

(translate the above to your favourites)

plus every hardware that comes with a VST/DX interface like UADs and Powercores

AND, never forget that NOT everybody use warezed VSTs, that means they paid for it. They won't switch to something they can't use their stuff in.

i agree!!!

if i owned all those vst/i and add-ons why downsize. that does not make any sense at all to downsize your setup just to use Record.

in the mind of propellerheads Reason can do what the vst/i you have listed can do.

just imagine having eric pering of specstrasonic programming the synths in Reason or the sound designers of top of the line vsti out today programming the synths in reason...

stylus rmx is just a glorified rex file player (i own it).

most individual do not know how to mix (because engineering is an art on to itself) so in most (not all) cases individuals that do own the wave bundles, T-Racks, Antares Autotune & Mic Modeler, TC effects are not using them properly anyways. basically, it is a waste. like myself if i own those mixing/mastering products it would be a waste.

for a composer who goal is to write music without all the bells and whistles to pass it onto a engineer who has the talent to bring the best out of the mix Record/Reason is a nice package.

Record/Reason combination is not for everyone but it is a powerful combination if an individual does not want to spend 1000s on vst/i and add-ons.

it is as simple as that...

in essence, propellerhead is saying you do not need to purchase all the stuff to be successful. just know what you are doing and the Record/Reason combination can help get the ball rolling...

period!!!

lets be real, they could have just added the ability to record audio to reason and given it out as a free update, or maybe charged $25 more, but instead they come out with this ridiculously overpriced piece of ****.

who needs vsts...this **** is straight out of reason ! If you know what you're doing then Reason is all you will ever need....even if somebody invited me in a huge studio I would just plug my Reasoninto the console and do it all inside reason ;)

Last edited:
Back