Post pictures of your studio!

• Thread starter josheldominicano
  • Start date
im feelin trademarks setup. crisp, clean, and looks nice. sometiems the aesthetic thing is hella important to your creativity.

i wish i could keep my setup that clean.

and of course massives goes without saying, thats ****ing sick.

heres mine though. you wouldnt believe the sick acoustics i got in here.

mysetup.jpg

thats my setup: fl, mpd16.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ideal said:
Ok, you know when people have their studio set up on a computer desk and it has different levels? Y'all know what i'm talkin about? The Desks kinda like what Kang, Chizzbeats, Z0n3d0u7, MASSIVE Mastering, Youngjboy, and HustleMentality uses.

Mine's from a discount store [May just be locally] "Biglot's". Got it for $99 a few year's ago.

thetrademark said:
YOOO i know im late but here are some photos of me in my room....I got two horrible jobs that paid for the **** i got...and its still wack! im still workin on it though....no cell phone....but i got my Korg padKontrol! no gas in my car...but i got my old casio keyboard hooked up to computer now! next thing my cars gonna break down but im a put a mpc 4000 on layaway! what a loser here you go pics!!

750303614_l.gif

788919619_l.jpg

865132032_l.jpg

865133124_l.jpg

865134224_l.jpg

882468621_l.jpg

I'll put more up of my full studio thing thing when i get some pictures of it

-trade

PS im not ashamed of my ****...i know that numark aint the greatest...but to each his own...right? RIGHT!

simple and clean. your kicks are fresh too.

my setup
665750291_m.jpg

MASSIVE Mastering said:
Mine is from Sterling Modular - www.sterlingmodular.com - "Plan D"

12 & 12 on the top, 6 & 6 on the bottom front, 6 & 6 on the bottom rear (not too handy on those).

(Photo if I didn't put one up here since the new room was completed)
db_Left_Angle2.jpg

How can you master with monitors behind racks?!? Early Reflections no??

It doesn't photograph well... One of these days I'm going to get a photographer in here...

From the "sweet spot" - Let me rephrase that, as almost the entire room is a "sweet spot" thanks to all that bass trapping - From the seat, there's essentially an unobstructed view down past the lower woofers.

The desk (a slightly modified Sterling Modular unit) is essentially a skeleton with open walls (cloth inserts). The top panels on the rack pods are reflective, but everything was carefully placed to take care of them in the upper front corners. And there's a 6x4 angled cloud between the speakers and the "seat" position to take care of anything that might've gotten away.

Overcompensated, generally speaking. Putting the new room together didn't take an awful lot of time. But the planning and consulting stages (a LOT of consulting and revisiting a lot of dusty old books that I haven't looked at in over a decade) was probably a nearly two-year (part time, of course) endeavor. Every measurement, in 3D, every wall, every reflection point, every angle, from the speaker angle and hieght, to the racks, to the desk - Even the furniture and the one area rug was taken into consideration before the first stud was put up.

If it couldn't sound good on paper, we never would've started it.

And I'm almost embarassed to say that I haven't had it shot yet - But at the same time, I'm pretty thrilled that I haven't had one final revision since the room was put together. I still want to have it shot though... I'm pretty curious about it. Everyone consulted would generally be considered an "expert" in their field (mostly acoustics, of course) and I took bits from this guy and pieces from that guy and threw in my own ideas on top.

Ahh I see now. The monitors are set back. It looked as if they were right behind the racks. I was fretting thinking what a wate of a good setup. Seems exactly the opposite from your reply though. Nice work!

drodstar said:
spanish hip hop is the ****, im really in to it,
they have alot of great artists but its mosty underground hip hop ,

the most mainstream they have is probably SFDK , la mala rodriguez,
and other,

mitsuruggy is the ****!
morodo tooo

That's right!

I'm from Puerto Rico (now living in Orlando, FL) and I've been a DJ since 1987. Now I'm more into producing. Right now in PR with all that reggeaton BS real spanish hip-hop is almost dead. There are some good underground groups (Luis Diaz, Siete Nueve) but nobody cares. Tego Calderon is a beast (when he does hip-hop) but now he's doing more reggaeton. But I guess that's where the money's at right now for artists in Puerto Rico. Tempo is also great in hip-hop...to bad he's incarcerated. PR has very good dj/producers/rappers but that reggaeton BS is like a damn virus. At least I admit they are putting PR on the map and they are buying houses and cars for their mama's...:D

But like 3 years ago I discovered hiphop (from Spain) and those guys are the best hip-hop spanish rappers ever!!! The DJ's and producers are also amazing!!! Thight production, scratching and awesome lyrics...They can go against ANY hip-hop group from US!

Anybody that don't believe go find material for the last 2 or 3 years from this artists:

Violadores del Verso (also known as Doble V)
SFDK
Tote King
Nach
Mala Rodriguez
Shotta
Falsa Alarma
Fill Black
Dobleache

DIE: Reggaeton... ENTER: Real Hip-Hop Back To PR!!!

OmG ioh90 studio looks like my studio it was like he took those pictures from my computer wow.

J.Silva said:
That's right!

I'm from Puerto Rico (now living in Orlando, FL) and I've been a DJ since 1987. Now I'm more into producing. Right now in PR with all that reggeaton BS real spanish hip-hop is almost dead. There are some good underground groups (Luis Diaz, Siete Nueve) but nobody cares. Tego Calderon is a beast (when he does hip-hop) but now he's doing more reggaeton. But I guess that's where the money's at right now for artists in Puerto Rico. Tempo is also great in hip-hop...to bad he's incarcerated. PR has very good dj/producers/rappers but that reggaeton BS is like a damn virus. At least I admit they are putting PR on the map and they are buying houses and cars for their mama's...:D

But like 3 years ago I discovered hiphop (from Spain) and those guys are the best hip-hop spanish rappers ever!!! The DJ's and producers are also amazing!!! Thight production, scratching and awesome lyrics...They can go against ANY hip-hop group from US!

Anybody that don't believe go find material for the last 2 or 3 years from this artists:

SFDK
Tote King
Nach
Mala Rodriguez
Shotta
Falsa Alarma
Fill Black
Dobleache

Thats mean essay. Reggaeton saved my life in corney ways i don't fell like mentioning. You should be proud of the movement. N e ways i never herd the Spains Hiphop maybe it's better but hey All i got to say is that reggaeton is hear to stay.

yeeeahboyyy said:
Ahh I see now. The monitors are set back. It looked as if they were right behind the racks. I was fretting thinking what a wate of a good setup. Seems exactly the opposite from your reply though. Nice work!
For the record, I really would love to have a couple more feet in there... But to stick to the ".38 rule" I had to measure the placement out to the centimeter. I tossed around the idea to be in the rear .38 point (which would give me a fairly grand space in front) but then clients would actually have to be in front of me... I've worked that way before and it just didn't do it for me. Hard to communicate with them, and it seemed to make them a little uncomfortable as well.

So, this way (desk rail on the front .38 point) gives me enough space for placement, and plenty of room to get back there for "cable-monkey" duties and dusting & sweeping and such.

But to keep the rule intact, I'd have to add several feet of length to the room for every foot I could move back. That just wasn't in the cards...

J.Silva said:
That's right!

SFDK
Tote King
Nach
Mala Rodriguez
Shotta
Falsa Alarma
Fill Black
Dobleache

Yo, when I was in the Army I got stationed at Ft. Buchanan 96-98. Love the PR!!! What happened to Falo and Vico C. My roommate just so happened to be from Caquas so he put me on to a lot of PR rappers but that's all I really remember. A lot of cats were on that sing songy stuff that used to get me mad(Tito and Rubio? I think). Horrible singing and wailing. I used to watch TCV all the time.

hurahn said:
Yo, when I was in the Army I got stationed at Ft. Buchanan 96-98. Love the PR!!! What happened to Falo and Vico C. My roommate just so happened to be from Caquas so he put me on to a lot of PR rappers but that's all I really remember. A lot of cats were on that sing songy stuff that used to get me mad(Tito and Rubio? I think). Horrible singing and wailing. I used to watch TCV all the time.

I haven't heard Falo in a record for a long time. Vico C has been in and out of drugs since forever, but he's put out a few nice records in the last years. Vico C is a dope lyricist period....is very sad because he was kind of like the "Chuck D" of Puerto Rico, to bad he became a drug user...that *h*t is ironic as hell.

Last edited:
Yo guys, i actually know falo, he was my brother in law's neighbor back in the day in Carolina....He cam out with a cd named Subiendo la Adrenalina a few months ago but the record label didnt promote it right so he is sueing the record label...look aroun the net for his new songs. pretty hot

MASSIVE Mastering said:
For the record, I really would love to have a couple more feet in there... But to stick to the ".38 rule" I had to measure the placement out to the centimeter. I tossed around the idea to be in the rear .38 point (which would give me a fairly grand space in front) but then clients would actually have to be in front of me... I've worked that way before and it just didn't do it for me. Hard to communicate with them, and it seemed to make them a little uncomfortable as well.

So, this way (desk rail on the front .38 point) gives me enough space for placement, and plenty of room to get back there for "cable-monkey" duties and dusting & sweeping and such.

But to keep the rule intact, I'd have to add several feet of length to the room for every foot I could move back. That just wasn't in the cards...

hey massive, you advised me on a previous post about my setup awhile ago with some pa speakers which i decided not to go get a amp and instead go for some monitors,thanks for the advice im glad i got them but anyways in that old post you suggested the .38 rule, could u break this down in lamens terms for me plz, lol :D

.38 away from the short walls -

If you have a room that's (for ease of measurment) 13x20, you're going to set up on the short side (13') and go down the long side (20').

The area of most "crap" - Null points, bad reflections - generally the worst possible place to be in the room is at the .5 spot - 10' from either wall.

The BEST spot in the room is going to be at .38 from either wall - 7.4 feet in. That will be the spot with the *least* amount of "crap" in the air. The lowest number of bad reflections, dips, null points, peaks, etc.

This is where bass trapping "in bulk" comes in handy - Especially on the rear wall - If you can fool the room into thinking that wall isn't really there (complete broadband absorption) your "sweet spot" will widend and lengthen considerably - In this room (where over 60% of the rear wall, plus the corners, are covered with broadband absorptive materials) there is little discernable difference between the "sweet" spot and the "sh*t" spot. In my old space (with much less bass trapping) the difference between the desk rail and the base of the chair was absolutely huge.

This is also one of the reasons why closets fail as vocal booths... :D In a space where 4' is the long measurement, you're looking at having the mic in the sweet spot and the singer's mouth in the crap spot. Two inches makes a *huge* difference - and the problematic frequencies are mugh higher, with shorter wavelengths - where again, only an inch or two can mean the difference between "acceptable" and "complete garbage."

Oh ok I get the drift now, being that I have recently moved into a house I setup in a bedroom thats only 12X11 so i have my current setup kinda in the middle and a little away from the wall in front of me, so isnt in the corner anymore like my old apt, but now that I play my mixes back they have dramaticly decreased in the low end spectrum, not sure if this would mean my setup is now acceptable, is that what Im looking to achieve? lol sorry for the 50 Q, I will head to the bookstore next week and read up but I always appriciate others input......

Back