Post picture of your vinyl collection

I don't really have a big vinyl collection, this first pic is my "good stuff" (and my bass Fred) the other 2 are mostly throwaways or common stuff. I'm actually more proud of my cd collection, I have a GREAT cd collection. Got about 900 cd's including box sets. I used to buy every comp I saw like 9 years ago, so I have lot's of discontinued comps too. A bunch of cool imports too. When I started making money off of beats, I didnt mind paying 35 bucks for cd's lol.

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

IMG_2071.jpg

Last edited:
Here's my little collection. Been building it for about the last month. I've got another stack from high school at a friends house in NC I need to go get.
Some 70's rock my girlfriends dad gave me (Beatles, Hendrix, ELP), some jazz (found a bunch of Jimmy smith at this wierd little thrift shop), 80s stuff (I can't resist stuff with synths on it), a few good soul/funk/disco (TP, Pointer Sisters, Stevie), bunch of other random stuff to sample like some wierd new age and country
Digging in the dollar bins again is definitely expanding my musical tastes.

I don't really have a big vinyl collection, this first pic is my "good stuff" (and my bass Fred) the other 2 are mostly throwaways or common stuff. I'm actually more proud of my cd collection, I have a GREAT cd collection. Got about 900 cd's including box sets. I used to buy every comp I saw like 9 years ago, so I have lot's of discontinued comps too. A bunch of cool imports too. When I started making money off of beats, I didnt mind paying 35 bucks for cd's lol.

IMG_2069.jpg

IMG_0253.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

IMG_2071.jpg
Them cds you got aint real samplin son. That aint real hip hop kid get them cds the hell outta here lol j/p

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:52 PM ----------

Country records have great breaks people sleep on btw

first row is hip hop early 80's early and late 90's like iLL & aL skratch /Smooth da Hustler/Too Short/Sir Mix -a-Lot "My posse on Broadway", new new Sa Raa,Fashwan, De La Soul, Dilla of coures all of his Anthologies , Donuts, Cool Kids, Cool Calm Pete, Othello, Buff 1
second row Funk/Jazz/Psychedelic/ Ubiquity/ movie soundtracks

---------- Post added at 12:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 AM ----------

I haven't been collecting very long , i will post a better pic later where you can see some album covers

---------- Post added at 01:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

i stay diggin all day every day

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:02 AM ----------

this what im talkin bout

Last edited:
i see that is your first post. i suggest if you dont wana get bashed by everyone in this thread/section you keep ur comments too urself. this is the "sampling flip this" area and turning vintage music into new music is what we strive to do best at. if ur not on the same page as us.....then why are you here?

do you know hip hop was founded and created around sampling? around taking whats old and making it new? obviously not.

i must ask this again why are you even in this section?

WWW.TRUTH.COm right on bruh!

---------- Post added 06-21-2010 at 09:47 AM ---------- Previous post was 06-19-2010 at 10:19 AM ----------

no mo' replies

Post a picture of your record collection

Separating the e-diggers from the crate diggers..

Wheres you're collection at?

Mod remark: Merged a new thread on the same subject to the one that already existed.

Yawn. Anyway, I have about 5-6K so I'll post for yall. I've gotten more but I dont want to take new pics. Lol.

102_1205.jpg

102_1201.jpg

I wish i have. I only have mp3s LOL!

I have a ton of those too. I'm not a purist anymore. I sample either or. I think the MP3 quality has finally caught up enough to hold its own. Options are good because some vinyl will cost you your left testicle!:pointing:

I have a ton of those too. I'm not a purist anymore. I sample either or. I think the MP3 quality has finally caught up enough to hold its own. Options are good because some vinyl will cost you your left testicle!:pointing:
I dont think mp3 quality has changed since its release. I think people are finally used to the sound of it. I personally sold my collection earlier this year and don't really sample anymore. I think I am like the EDM guys who use hardware synths because they inspire them more than software synths because having actual vinyl inspires me a lot more than having a folder of mp3s. Idk why that is

I dont think mp3 quality has changed since its release. I think people are finally used to the sound of it. I personally sold my collection earlier this year and don't really sample anymore. I think I am like the EDM guys who use hardware synths because they inspire them more than software synths because having actual vinyl inspires me a lot more than having a folder of mp3s. Idk why that is

I often want to shrink my collection too because its heavy and space consuming, but I like to often grab some vinyl. I use software samps now too and took piano keys so my sampling is decreasing, but I like it too much. Just listening to stuff inspires. Mp3s have changes. Lol. You dont remember 32, 64,128 rates. Most people are ripping at 192 and above now. Its clearer with less hiss. I also find stuff that I would never get otherwise, but I dont do that too often.

Back