Platinum Producer "AyotheProducer" shows Polow Da Don stole "Lil Wayne- John" Beat.

The names are not even that important because its so rampant in this business its more a question of who is NOT doing it lol. As the RECORDING industry (not touring, merch, synch licensing, music gear/equipment, etc) continues to boil down this will only get worse as they're fewer dollars being chased by more hands

You're right. And I'm still cool with *some* of the people. I didn't look at it as a "you're trying to fcuk me over" kinda thing. I looked at it for what it was...an industry standard, that if I didn't do, there was another guy behind me that would.

I was cool with that, cuz I respected the "hustle". But I wasn't gon be one of those dudes who got hustled. And those who I'm still cool with understood that, and they respected my position. Some got pissed and cussed me out.

But oh the placements that I could have had! :)

See, that's the thing. When i first started out on this journey, I made it a priority to put myself in a position where I didn't HAVE to sign the first thing that someone put in front of me. And it's worked out pretty well so far for me.

Not so much for other people. One of the best rapeprs I'd ever heard signed a deal that turned out to be fcukery...was lock into it for 5 years. It was enough to make him quit and go back to selling dope.

Unfortunately, he eventually started smoking the dope too. Really sad situation. He had so much talent and so much drive before he realized that he couldn't do ANYTHING for the next 5 years. :(

giving up all your pub, and even still.. if youre giving up 25% of the songs publishing to a publishing company thats totally different.. because theyre working FOR you.. giving up any part of your publishing just for placing a record with you is wild and reckless.

on the album, Rob, Polow, Wayne, Ross & Justice league are credited on the album.. Ayo is not BUT

according to ASCAP hes on there, still getting a portion of the writers share.. so now it just seems like the video is for.. shit idk.. credit? not really worth ruining someones name and reputation and accusing polow of stealing a beat or whatever the situation may be
[SIZE=-1]
[/SIZE]CARTER DWAYNE - Lil WayneCROWE KEVIN DEAN - Justice League
JONES JAMAL F - Polow Da Don
ORTIZ ERIK REYES - Justice League
OWENS AUSTIN - AYO
ROBERTS WILLIAM - Rick Ross
Ward, Christian - Yung Berg
Watson, Robert Deandre - Rob Holladay

seems like a lot of people are attached to this beat considering Ayo was the only person who made it

Ok so he is getting publishing credit (based on Polow and Justice League alone means he's getting very very little) so he's fighting for public credit validation which he has the right to unless he signed it away in an agreement.

giving up all your pub, and even still.. if youre giving up 25% of the songs publishing to a publishing company thats totally different.. because theyre working FOR you.. giving up any part of your publishing just for placing a record with you is wild and reckless.

on the album, Rob, Polow, Wayne, Ross & Justice league are credited on the album.. Ayo is not BUT

according to ASCAP hes on there, still getting a portion of the writers share.. so now it just seems like the video is for.. shit idk.. credit? not really worth ruining someones name and reputation and accusing polow of stealing a beat or whatever the situation may be
[SIZE=-1]
OWENS AUSTIN - AYO

seems like a lot of people are attached to this beat considering Ayo was the only person who made it

It just lists the credits? Does it break down who the producers, songwriters are?

Just looking at it it could be plausible.

You have songwriters, producers, engineers(don't they get a cut?)etc.

@ Troup

Damn that's terrible, the music business should be a route for dudes to get away from the pitfalls of the streets instead of pushing them further in. But then I think about how many artists had clean records until they gained success in this business and I have to believe its having the opposite effect

only people involved in the creation of the song get publishing credit engineers dont and shouldnt right?

All they do is mix and master haha an upfront fee is more than enough for that imo

only big name engineers get a cut, most engineers dont and that lists the songwriters who are on the song, AYO isnt credited on the album.. even though he should be. my thing is the album came out in august, and they were doing all the graphic design and credits for the album around March, Ayo shouldve got it handled before.. but if hes getting publishing (very little like Legal said, you splitting 100% pub between 7 writers and 7 companies)

i get he's fighting for credit, but the site is saying that they stole it from him.. when hes getting publishing so that cant be the case, im just confused on why he'd go about it this route. They didnt credit him.. okay.. so what youre still getting paid, thats an easy fix

so now it just seems like the video is for.. shit idk.. credit? not really worth ruining someones name and reputation and accusing polow of stealing a beat or whatever the situation may be

That's the thing. Dudes just want "bragging rights". They want "the life". They wanna be all up in the parties, and at the awards shows, and all that. They want all the fanfare.

Just like that cat who was working under Bangladesh, who did the A Milli skeleton. Then Shondrae came in and switched up the drum sounds, etc, to what the final version is today.

Lil dude got mad because he wasn't invited to some party or something that Bangladesh was going to. Then he started popping off at the mouth about how he was the one that really made the A Milli beat.

All over a party.

Wonder how much work lil dude has gotten since then...

A lot of producers in this shit are like Nicky Barnes

he wasnt putting out the video when this was out

so clearly he wasnt that upset about not getting credit.. nigga threw a party for himself

who the **** even really cares unless you got beat for your money?

I dont see why people always got to prove something to someone else if i know what i need to know and I have been compensated then thats all there is too it.

Credit and appreciation/"fame" is a plus

I think credit in regards to branding purposes is absolutely crucial especially if you're talking about an official single off of the highest selling rap album of the year from the biggest rap artist in the market right now. BUT as as20gp pointed out he's going about it the wrong way by accusing someone of theft when he was credited as a songwriter with his PRO. At the same time it was wrong IF Polo blocked dude from getting credit or the fault could be with Cash Money/Universal (suprise) for not properly crediting homeboy. Credit mix-ups happen more often than you may expect, some of it deliberate slimebag maneuvers, others genuine human mistakes

And yes I agree that most are more driven by the 'fame' part...dreams of that magical call from Wayne saying meet me and the rest of YMCMB down at King of Diamonds friday night, so much booze and 'hoes' are waiting to meet the producer of my hit record so they can 'fix you' with all the trimmings haha.

Last edited:
And yes I agree that most are more driven by the 'fame' part...dreams of that magical call from Wayne saying meet me and the rest of YMCMB down at King of Diamonds friday night, so much booze and 'hoes' are waiting to meet the producer of my hit record so they can 'fix you' with all the trimmings haha.

I'm think I'm gon name this place THE BARBERSHOP...you can come in and they'll give you a trim, and you can get some trim!

:cry:

got damn!!! where was this thread when i needed it like a month ago!!! i might have possibly made a huge mistake......damn it man

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:54 PM ----------

Legal Dollaz i just sent u a pm

[SIZE=-1]
OWENS AUSTIN - AYO

that confirms what i was thinking back on page 4:

"Does J.U.S.T.I.C.E. League have a case for songwriting credit or publishing or any of that from this? Because this is basically the closest thing you could have to the "I'm not a star" beat without it being the exact same beat. And beyond that, the fact that the title and hook of "John" is clearly derived from the line in "I'm not a star" and it features it authors. So it seems obvious that they could argue that their track is not a mere inspiration for "John" but the basis of it."

That would explain why he's not the sole person credited

So he made the beat in 2010 after Rick Ross Teflon Don album dropped, thats my conclusion

I heard that Wayne & Mack Maine were listening to the John beat, & Mack Maine starts reciting "i'm not a star ... somebody lied ..." because "it sound just like ..." & Wayne, fresh out of jail, supposedly never heard it but just liked how it sounded & decided to use it

so the producer has to take a hit on the publishing because of Wayne & Mack Maine? or is it his fault for making the beat w/ that sound? if it was the other way around, the producer is not getting away with pawning off sample fees on the big name artist

It all doesn't matter. What's important (and the lesson here), is that dude didn't know anything about the status of his business with the artist/label until the release.
He must've SIGNED an agreement BEFORE the track was being released, so this whole situation would've worked IN HIS FAVOR. LOL
Simple as that.

Who did what/when/why is another question and can be easily researched.

And if someone does business in YOUR NAME, without you agreeing to the terms in print (aka "middle-men"), then either you are too dumb to know that, you don't care (read: too dumb) or you think, the people at the label have the time to sort out your business.

I see where youre coming from its a big single, so I prolly would want my credit it too, not just saying who cares i got paid.

But at the same time yeah, maybe it is the wrong way to go about it. He coulda just put out a video explaining the whole story in detail, and explained his side of it instead of "starting a beef"

I think people wouldve respected that a lot more.

Back