New beat using acquired feedback on my past two beats

S

stvaneck

Hey,

I've just finished up a new beat of mine, after a while not having time to work on my music, and I'd like to know what you think. On my past tow beats I've asked feedback and this is the feedback I've got on them by BottleRockets :
HeyStvaneck,[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Yourbeats aren't bad for a starting point.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Themusicality of your tunes is good,[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]I'mguessing you've got a bit of music ability[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Whatyou're going to need to focus on first and foremost is the soundsyou're using.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Idon't mean any offence, but they sound really fake and cheap.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Ican tell you're just using a MIDI keyboard/program and the"plasticness" really takes away from the beats.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Startby acquiring some better drum samples, either sampled drum breaks ora hip hop sample pack[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif](Theycan both easily be found for free download on the net)[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Thatwill give you a solid foundation for your beats[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Eitherrecording live instruments or using good virtual instruments wouldbe thenext step[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Forvirtual instruments, look into plugins from companies like NativeInstruments.[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Theycan be a bit expensive, but they're totally worth it. [/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Oralternatively, buying a really nice keyboard with great sounds init.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Onceyou have all of your sounds down, start looking at tutorials formixing hip hop,[/FONT]
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]you'llget heaps of great information on compression, eq, reverb and effectsetc. [/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Tahoma, Calibri, Geneva, sans-serif]Goodluck,[/FONT]

andkeep at it.

The beats regarding this feedback are:

I used this feedback in my last beat called "The Framework", I basically recorded everything from my guitar and my keyboard, also whilst paying more attention to effects such as reverb and eq.
The result is this:

I'm pretty satisfied with the result.
Feedback would be much appreciated so I can (keep) improving.

Thanks in advance!

I'll just do the first; I like what you did with the main melody sound. The panning to the right is a little annoying though. The flute needs some work to make it feel right. Interesting vibe to it, i can't imagine what kind of rapper would go on this beat though. I would maybe speed up the bass melody a little but that would be a personal preference. Feels a little empty, add another instrument in there somewhere. Overall interesting beat but needs some work.

Check it out:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ive-receive-feedback/would-you-rap-p2-467902/

I'll just do the first; I like what you did with the main melody sound. The panning to the right is a little annoying though. The flute needs some work to make it feel right. Interesting vibe to it, i can't imagine what kind of rapper would go on this beat though. I would maybe speed up the bass melody a little but that would be a personal preference. Feels a little empty, add another instrument in there somewhere. Overall interesting beat but needs some work.

Check it out:
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ive-receive-feedback/would-you-rap-p2-467902/

Hey man,

Thanks for the feedback, I checked out your music to and left a comment with some feedback although I'm still a beginner in this iI tried my best to help you out to.
I also wouldn't know what kind of rapper would use hits but I believe it could work though, it's 87bpm and I've tried some lyrics from other songs over it and with some adjustments in the timing those worked on it, atleast I believe they did.

Back