Would you rap on this P2!

Olie

Going to keep updating this thread with progress on this track:

- changed the drums to make them harder
- changed the strings to make them more pronounced and interesting
- doubled up the main synth with another layer at a different octave
- cleaned everything up a bit with EQ and other tools
- and some other stuff which i can't remember

Any feedback appreciated, will post newer versions below.

You have something here for great potential....

A "Break" to a fuller sound.
I love the sounds and arrangement....You have the structure built.

I don't want to give advice, cuz im not the greatest...but I do like your mids and hi's...and I think you should add "reach" to them using decent reverb on the hi's...and try some light reverb elsewhere...

Also, did you sidechain at all? Sidechain compression will bounce those sounds up and down and around more and add overall reach.
Brightness can be acheived by highpassing your whole track......Just be careful not to brighten the mids so much.

I've been starting to bounce my individual tracks down as I make the Mix cuz I noticed that the individual sounds have more volume and clarity that way.

My music needs so much improvement though, sorry if I sound like some preacher.

I like the creativity in this mix!(the flow),,,and I can vizualize a big break where things really 'take off'

this gots that em flavor in my opion, I think it needs sped up some or something added to it to pick up the pace, to answer your question, yes I would rap to this, Keep working at it bro, One

Video deleted - newest one below

Updates:
- tempo is now 100 (Thanks One Stop Hip Hop)
- added a basic 8 bar chorus
- moved the strings to the chorus to free up space in verses
- some sound design on various instruments
- reverb and stuff added to certain instruments

What i'm doing next:
- add more complex drum pattern for verses
- make outro
- make breaks between end of chorus and start of verse

Thanks for feedback, keep it coming!

(just noticed one of the notes at the start of verse 2 and 3 got knocked off from the background synth, fixed.)

Last edited:
Liked the second version better for sure. I'd add some bass to it too to give it some more flow.

Old melody:

The bass sounds a little messed up after exporting it...

All feedback returned and appreciated!

I completely re did the main melody in the verse, tell me which you prefer - new melody:

Last edited:
Beat was ok.. definitely needs more, it gets repetitive .. The drum pattern, i didnt like too much.. i do like the e bass . idk i couldnt find a groove on this track. keep workin man...

Actually kind of surprised at the feedback you left me considering this beat feels very empty...

Last edited:
the 2nd one is better, i like your creativeness but i just dont feel it, not a big fan of the drums and some bass should be added...idk man this beat is everywhere

The idea is there but I figure it still needs some work, personally I would use a different sound for the melody or you could back the melody up with an other, instrument which has a higher or lower pitch than the current one to add some more depth to it?

Just to let everyone know, i've completely scrapped this track and i'm moving on to make a new one.

I hear potential, it just needs better drums but I guess it doesn't matter anymore since you scrapped it, I suffer from that too lol, I can never finish a beat.

I like the idea of this beat from the most recent one you put up.
Though pretty much all the sounds and drums need an upgrade. Filters and verb/delay would help greatly with a lot of instruments.
I do like that slow clap but your missing all the percussion in a beat like crashes, rides, hi hats, etc.
Plus you need to vary up the beat more its just a little too simple. That bass line feels like its off beat as well when the beat switches up.
Keep working on it. Though I would focus on getting better vsts (nexus/slyenth1/kontakt/etc.) Along with some better drums.
Sorry for the delay on returning feed been super busy.

KFX

Back