New beat "Meh-ness" Feed return 100%

CharlieTooHuman

It's been awhile since I posted on here lol... Anyway, here's a track I threw together a few weeks ago. Still needs some work on the mixing side of things, but I'm enjoying the dynamics so far. I used a lot of clicking pens, vinyl crackle, crumpled paper and wheels of toy cars to make this beat :P so it is safe to say that I had fun making this one. Let me know what you all think and be as honest as possible.

sample used: Cocteau Twins - Lazy Calm - YouTube

I'll return feeback 100% full and will really listen to your music.

Last edited:
I like this beat. It sounds like something I would expect from Flying Lotus which is a good thing. That's cool how you used all those random sounds to make this beat so you get some cool points for creativity. Also good job on getting those recorded sounds to sound so clean in the mix too. The only thing that rubbed me the wrong way were the kicks. They sounded kinda distorted, but that could just be my headphones.

Anyways, here's my link https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ceive-feedback/new-chinese-beat-[f4f]-469047/

Thanks! Appreciate it!

I definitely agree, though I'm not getting any distortion with my headphones... but it could be that the bass is a bit overwhelming at moments when in unison with the kicks. I'll need to rework the sidechain and see if I can reduce distortion on your side. Thanks for the feed! I just left some on your track.

i like the intro, i understand its at the beginning stage. keep grinding it out, this one may lead to another one thats better.

Lots of great suggestions and feedback! Thanks!

I'll get to listening to all of your music when I get home and have my headphones.

I gotta say...your rough mix is smoother than my masters!

I really dig this, no s*** It's always a pleasure to come across something through this forum that has some boldness, that uses a combination of original sounds and judicious samples. To me, this is the joy of how democratic technology has made music-making.

I would be interested to hear the finished mix - I would like to hear the snare.rim/clap on the downbeat further up in the mix - that's where the head nod is for me. I like the way the 2nd bass synth "chases" the first - gives the whole a sort of loopiness.

Definitely got something going on here, keep it up,please.

https://www.futureproducers.com/for...ent-3-4-time-signature-f4f-guaranteed-468992/

Back