MASCHINE!!! "Akai can kiss my ass."

statements of saying maschine is not a pro tool are a joke.
look at the advantages.
i wouldn't say my mpc is outdated but i would say that maschine is definitely the way forward. (and maybe products that will follow maschines path)
i could go on and on about the advantages of my maschine over my mpc but thats not what i'm here to chat about. really just giving my opinion of a peice of kit that has really taken hold of my studio. the advantage of maschine being in the box is huge. but i guess that makes it a toy? lol ok. sure.
btw I hate the title of this thread. I still love my mpc.

Last edited:
Kiss your ass? Yeah right..
Why don't you get off MPC's nuts and do you. People get butthurt when MPC users try and claim some kind of "realness" so why don't you just stay in your lane and let your product speak for itself.

Re: i know someone who has machine it's great piece of equipment but buggy as hell li

hoenstly i know someone who has machine it's great piece of equipment but buggy as hell like most ni products they still havent gotten all of the bugs out of battery 3.

Battery has been updated as of 09/18/09
Native Instruments has updated Battery to v3.0.6, which includes special 64-bit stand-alone and VST versions for Windows.

New in v3.0.6:
• Special 64-bit stand-alone and VST versions for Windows.
• 64-bit memory addressing for Windows Vista 64.
• Pro Tools compatibility under Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard.
• Step-by-step undo in sample editor.
• Countless bug fixes and cosmetic improvements.
Most important bug fixes in v3.0.6:
• Improved mouse handling.
• Improved REX import.
• Various minor fixes.
And as far and Native instruments being buggy, most software do have bugs, thats why there is usually an update. I personally own Kore 2 Maschine and several NI Komplete Virtual instruments software. Maschine is much easier to use then the MPC, and has a much faster learning curve, can be used as a plugin in any Daw that allows virtual plugins, can sample from external and internal. The only benefit of using a MPC is if you want to make beats without having to use a computer. I have MPC quantization templates for logic and in Reasons, so you don't need to have an Mpc to for that. IMHO Machine and other devices like it will be the future.

I have been using my Maschine for a few weeks now and I think that it's user friendliness and compatibility is great! The only qualm I have is that the software itself keeps crashing mid beat-making!?!?!?!?!? It's most probable due to the fact that my PC needs updating, but it's still very annoying. Big-ups to Native Instruments :D

I have maschine, love it, hasn't crashed on me once. Had a crazy controller issue when I installed the beta, but hey, that's what beta is for.

Workflow is nice, quick, and now Im setting it up to sequence vsts and I'm really diggin it.

This is probably my favorite release so far this year...very nice.

They still need to tweak the software and enhance some of the workflow, but it's nothing that stops me from making music, just things I wish were there to make things flow a lil smoother.

The title of the thread lol..I don't know about that, I think everything has a place and purpose depending on what you wanna do.

Last edited:
I have maschine, love it, hasn't crashed on me once. Had a crazy controller issue when I installed the beta, but hey, that's what beta is for.

Workflow is nice, quick, and now Im setting it up to sequence vsts and I'm really diggin it.

This is probably my favorite release so far this year...very nice.

They still need to tweak the software and enhance some of the workflow, but it's nothing that stops me from making music, just things I wish were there to make things flow a lil smoother.

The title of the thread lol..I don't know about that, I think everything has a place and purpose depending on what you wanna do.

Get a MAC...

dude what are you talkin about lol...I didn't say anything about my pc crashin man lol... how you know I don't have a mac too? lol...I know what macs are like man, everything crashes sometimes, it's software and computers. I have no problems with my machines crashin...

the controller issue was with the software that was a beta version, but I got it resolved, nothing to do with my computer homie...

At the end of the day... the best productions are made w/ the tools you're most comfortable with.

Duke Ellington was better than anyone out now.... he didn't use an MPC or Maschine ;-)

Last edited:
All jokes aside... Maschine does look pretty dope. It's just all a matter of preference. You can create the EXACT same things w/ different software

you can use it as a plugin, I prefer it standalone, peeps are having issues with it in logic trying to get it to sequence their other vsts. I have a template I made for reaper so I can load it as a vst and control other plugins but let maschine do all the sequencing.

I like it, it's quick, fun, and reminds me of my mpc but with no memory limitations and instant access to all my sounds.

dude what are you talkin about lol...I didn't say anything about my pc crashin man lol... how you know I don't have a mac too? lol...I know what macs are like man, everything crashes sometimes, it's software and computers. I have no problems with my machines crashin...

the controller issue was with the software that was a beta version, but I got it resolved, nothing to do with my computer homie...

You're okey with crashing machines? Wow, you do have low standards then for a 'pro work-flow'!

I guess this is why Akai has no problems with releasing their MPC5000 abomination still being a beast of bugs, with beastie-bugs? It's totally pathetic.

People come on, software bugs in any modern day studio should NOT be tolerated, when in comparison the old hardware rig work-flow will be without crashes.

And don't give me the bs back talk about how hardware machines often have bugs too, because if hardware really has similarly show-stopping bugs, it'll simply fail to sell (look at the MPC5000).

You're okey with crashing machines? Wow, you do have low standards then for a 'pro work-flow'!

I guess this is why Akai has no problems with releasing their MPC5000 abomination still being a beast of bugs, with beastie-bugs? It's totally pathetic.

People come on, software bugs in any modern day studio should NOT be tolerated, when in comparison the old hardware rig work-flow will be without crashes.

And don't give me the bs back talk about how hardware machines often have bugs too, because if hardware really has similarly show-stopping bugs, it'll simply fail to sell (look at the MPC5000).

What?

Did you read anything before typing what you did?

Maschine doesn't nor has it ever crashed on me. The only issue I had was with the controller when I was using the BETA version, do you know what a beta version is? It's a test version, which will pretty much always have some sort of bugs, the purpose of using it is to help the development of the software.

Who said anything about a "show stopping" bug or crash. Again, before you go quoting me and responding, make sure you know what your speaking about bro.

As far as a computer crashing, it happens, no matter what computer it is. However, if you know anything about computers, you can pretty much eliminate that, which I do, which is why I don't have any problems with my computer crashing on me.

My speaking on computers and software crashing was a general statement in response to someone telling me to get a mac, that had nothing to do with Maschine and how it operates.

read before you type so you at least know what your talking about.

You clearly have no sense of humor at all, don't you?

Maschine doesn't nor has it ever crashed on me. The only issue I had was with the controller when I was using the BETA version, do you know what a beta version is? It's a test version, which will pretty much always have some sort of bugs, the purpose of using it is to help the development of the software.
I'm not going to respond to those first lines, but the last one shows you do think bugs are normal. Using a beta version is fine, but the average customer shouldn't have to be a beta tester at all, and trust me many software packages are all about update after update fixing what should have been fixed yesteryear.

Who said anything about a "show stopping" bug or crash. Again, before you go quoting me and responding, make sure you know what your speaking about bro.
I'm far from your bro and I know for a fact Maschine has bugs in it's underlying software too.

As far as a computer crashing, it happens, no matter what computer it is. However, if you know anything about computers, you can pretty much eliminate that, which I do, which is why I don't have any problems with my computer crashing on me.
You can pretty much eliminate that by say ...buying a Mac if you need an multi-purpose PC, or by buying dedicated music production hardware indeed. Case closed. You can't deny a Mac won't crash as much as a Windows PC.

Don't get me wrong, I still take advantage of software now and then in my work-flow as well, but I genuinely hate it for the fact that it's so much more vulnerable to bugs and usually has bugs.

Last edited:
Back