Just got Beat Thang Virtual

It's cool. I've always been one to try to support the brothers when they are doing something positive.

Oh that's tight I feel you on that, you get no argument out of me. Yet though still, I have my joint that I use and I have mastered it, no need to switch.

I see they incorporated the if you don't have a midi controller you can use your typing keyboard, just like Record has it. it also allows you to chop within the screen. The virtual one though.

:bigeyes: it has 3,000 new sounds? Hmmmm

They making it so you an sample right off Youtube lol ohhhhh dam lol If you got beats on youtube that aint copywritten I suggest you take that ish down IMMEDIATELY! I think this thing may sell lol I don't think the name will hurt it. Now how is their time stretch? I hope it's as fly as Records because if it is, people will buy this. My MPC does reverse and resample so that's nothing new. ahhhhhhhhh here's one that's hot.

"• Export your Songs, Beats or Tracks as .wav files instantly or in Real Time for a DJ Style Mix and export them into your favorite recording program."

:bigeyes:
"•Connects seamless with Beat Thang Hardware."

And I thought bouncing to wav was wack lol I remember dudes were fighting me tooth and nail about bouncing to wav lol if the audio quality was wack why are they doing it too? lol They are giving away a lot of free stuff that's cool. Now the software I can see, it's only $149, get you a little midi keyboard and you're on your way.

I don't really plan on buying the hardware. It hasn't been released yet anyway. They keep pushing it back. The software is nice. I don't like the fact that it's not a vst client, but they are working on that now.

You really can't appreciate what they have done until you start going through the sounds. I really don't like presets, and neither do they. That's why you will love the sounds on this thing. You just turn it on and make beats. The sounds they have in this thing are ridiculous.

I've been experimenting with it, and I usually make a few beats on it and start exporting. Once I have the .wav files, I can chop them up anyway I want and bring them into Live.

Last edited:
I don't really plan on buying the hardware. It hasn't been released yet anyway. They keep pushing it back. The software is nice. I don't like the fact that it's not a vst client, but they are working on that now.

You really can't appreciate what they have done until you start going through the sounds. I really don't like presets, and neither do they. That's why you will love the sounds on this thing. You just turn it on and make beats. The sounds they have in this thing are ridiculous.

I've been experimenting with it, and I usually make a few beats on it and start exporting. Once I have the .wav files, I can chop them up anyway I want and bring them into Live.

Hold up, :bigeyes: What you're saying is you are making beats STAND ALONE without using a host like PT or Logic? if you are that's dope sometimes I don't wanna open up PT, dam that is kind of interesting. Only thing though what version of Mac are they letting this thing rock to, they don't say on their site. I have Mac Intel Pro 10.4.9 will it work with that? How about working with Mac PPC the older versions? I seen it said it had 3,000 sounds I love sounds :) I wouldn't want to rock it in a host if it can make a whole track in stand alone mode. Holla back, and it's a good deal for what they are offering. That hardware, nope I wouldn't buy it even it was out.

As of right now, it only works standalone.

It won't work as a plug in until the next update. They are doing that so when the hardware is released you can connect it to your computer and it will function just like Maschine, except the hardware will work by itself. Anything done in the software will load into the hardware and anything in the hardware will load into the software.

Check out Rock in this video. He's only using BTV sounds, and it's all standalone right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDqYP4h4kaQ&feature=player_embedded

Last edited:
As of right now, it only works standalone.

It won't work as a plug in until the next update. They are doing that so when the hardware is released you can connect it to your computer and it will function just like Maschine, except the hardware will work by itself. Anything done in the software will load into the hardware and anything in the hardware will load into the software.

Check out Rock in this video. He's only using BTV sounds, and it's all standalone right now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDqYP4h4kaQ&feature=player_embedded

Ok, cool. What I needed to know that's more important is, will it work with Mac Intel Pro 10.4.9 and higher and or lower my version and PPC Mac, and XP? The stand alone is to my liking more. They are giving away MAD FREE STUFF!

Last edited:
Mac: Intel Mac only, OS X 10.4 or higher, 800 MB free disk space, 512 MB RAM but 1GIG or more is recommended.

PC: Pentium 4, Windows XP SP 2 or Vista 32 and Vista 64, 800 MB free disk space, 512 MB RAM but 512 MB or more is recommended.

Mac: Intel Mac only, OS X 10.4 or higher, 800 MB free disk space, 512 MB RAM but 1GIG or more is recommended.

PC: Pentium 4, Windows XP SP 2 or Vista 32 and Vista 64, 800 MB free disk space, 512 MB RAM but 512 MB or more is recommended.

:):cheers:
You kinda made my day bruh , why they couldn't say that on the site. I was looking for the req for like an hour, I always go to the req first before I buy anything. I gotta look into it more. I like the idea of the sounds and stand alone. Didn't they say you can up load samples in to that thing? I think I read that some where. If it's as easy as the MPC it's a wrap. They probably will do good on the software sales vs hardware.

I didn't even find the specs on the hardware, the ins and outs on it, whether it got usb or firewire, dang they give you mad info on everything but what suppose to be there lol

Last edited:
They just renovated the website. I found the system specs in the FAQ section.

You can load your own samples right into it. Actually, when you install BTV it will have it's own folder. All you have to do is put whatever samples you want in that folder and it will show up in the BTV browser.

Here is a pic of the in's and out's of the hardware:

thangback_large.jpg

Last edited:

Yo man where you get all the info from? lol dang lol It doesn't have much to it, I guess they were definitely going for the hardware to computer thingy. it doesn't have many outs or ins. Because what if someone just wanted to rock it like the MPC without the computer. I'd have to stick with the MPC. They way the MPC flows is ridiculous. Thanks though. Heck I went tot he FAQ'S I didn't see all that, maybe I need some sleep.
I don't think it should run $999, I hope that's just the MRSP, because it looks like to me it's just a midi controller type of thingy. That's like saying the AkaiMPD32 would be $1,000 aint it's not. Because if you ask me that's all what it is. And the Akai X20. From that view point it shouldn't be no more than $399, I am sorry but it doesn't equate to me of being $999.

Last edited:
It's more than a controller. It works all by itself. You don't have to hook the BeatThang up to a computer to work it. It also holds two SD cards up to 32 gigs a piece, and it will export .wav files just like software so that you can actually just plug into the usb port and get all of the .wav files and open them up in the host of your choice. No need to actually track everything, and no need for the individual outs. They said they did that to keep the cost down.

You can do what's called a "live" export where you are muting and soloing tracks, changing volume, or what ever and it will be recorded in the exported file.

Also, that input is a combo input with available phantom power. You can also hook a turntable up to it and sample in stereo.

Last edited:
It's more than a controller. It works all by itself. You don't have to hook the BeatThang up to a computer to work it. It also holds two SD cards up to 32 gigs a piece, and it will export .wav files just like software so that you can actually just plug into the usb port and get all of the .wav files and open them up in the host of your choice. No need to actually track everything, and no need for the individual outs. They said they did that to keep the cost down.

You can do what's called a "live" export where you are muting and soloing tracks, changing volume, or what ever and it will be recorded in the exported file.

Also, that input is a combo input with available phantom power. You can also hook a turntable up to it and sample in stereo.

Ok cool, live export sounds interesting. They are doing a good thing with that. The software is cool.

when its usable as a vsti, judging from responses ill probably cop it, but as a standalone, not interested

X now see I am different I would love the stand alone because I don't have to open up anything rock the beat then wav it down then open up PT drag and drop and arrange and mix and it's all good. I could have a real fast work flow with that.

X now see I am different I would love the stand alone because I don't have to open up anything rock the beat then wav it down then open up PT drag and drop and arrange and mix and it's all good. I could have a real fast work flow with that.

yea its all good, its just a matter of preferences, but i cant wait for their update

beat thang is dope and alot of sour dudes is gonna be feeling it when it comes out and others will continue to hate on principle due to the marketing the name and the image.

many peeps dont like them cos they a new company but for how some peeps wanna work its perfect cos u can focus on speed and creative output.

Beat Thang Virtual Review

I just got it 3 days ago.It's a decent program for the price. What sets this apart from others in this price range is the preloaded sounds and instruments. They are Fire! but this won't replace my FL or Reason but it's a good supplement to my setup. Do a search on Squidoo for a decent unbiased review.

I hope those guys do sell, and do their thing, it's something new. But it's not for me because I have Record which is a beast and has sounds galoure and can tweak to get new sounds. and my trust MPC which I can work fast on. So I already have two do I need a third one ? Nah. I can't say it's wack seems nice those who get it have fun.

I have my BEAT THANG, I can record my MPC right up into Record. Do all my sounds and programming on the MPC and go right up into Record lol Once I am finished in Record bounce, pull the wav files up in PT mix and done!

I have a Hard drive connected to the MPC so my Hard drive have way more sounds than Beat thang. So that's why I don't need it.

Last edited:
I don't think I'll buy the hardware either. It seems like a nice piece, but I've been a MPC man for almost 15 years now. I could never get use to those pads, but it nice to have the BTV and all of the sounds.

If these guys continue making sounds that's a WIN!!!!

Back