Just got Beat Thang Virtual

u guys get what u want... im gettin tha Beat Thang jumpoff... some peeps are gonna like it, some are gonna hate it, and others are just gonna hate ON it... but the bottom line is, it makes the same sh!t everything else makes... plus with batteries.

da relic

I saw the beat thang. looks awesome. But i got a question. I am an asrx pro user and it really looks like a remake of that with the new technology and such. Like, did these guys just get the specs on this machine, give a new name, modernize it a bit and release it. Just wondering.

I don't think they got the specs on it, I think they used the same pad layout instead of the typical 16 pad layout so you can play instruments on it easier.

I do think there are similar concepts to the asrx pro, like the onboard fx and the built in sounds...but I can't say they looked at the asr and tried to make a new version.

I just want to see this joint hit the streets man lol. Once i test it out, we'll know for sure whatsup.

from what I heard the production got pushed back and it is supposed to ship in jan. they updated some of the hardware and upped the flash ram from 1gb to 2gb standard.

that's all I know, I'm trying to find out as much as I can lol.

Yes but the Mo Phatt was put out by Emu who already had credentials from the countless bangers made with the Proteus.
Anyways, I went to your website because I wanted to watch the video but it's not working for me.

"When it comes down to it, people don't really care about a freakin name if the thing or thang works..."

That's just it though. I think they do care. That's why there so much drama between FL studio users, MPC users, and the like. It would be interesting to see this thing sell but I just don't see how they are going to attract attention from Akai and Roland unless it's very cheap, or they get some promotion from somebody big, and I don't see Timbaland or Just Blaze being that promotor. The real truth is everyone in the drum machine community is waiting for a Linndrum II, not a beat thang.

V

:bigeyes: Uhhhh Ohhhh looks like someone bit off Akai lol hmmmmmm

35jcwo9.jpg

That's not even right. I wouldn't check into Beat Thang, but I hope they do their thing they might catch those young cats just coming into the game who like blue lights and what not. That don't impress me not one bit.

Now that Roger Linn II is a whole other case. This was the prototype and they moved back the production of it and said it's going to look better than this. whewwwww! I love Akai because I use the MPC2000xl and only love that machine. Now this is like yummy to the old and new heads.

33wnkhf.jpg

Here is a list of just about everything that I have ever bought or used to make beats with:

Roland:

Emu

SP 1200
SP 12

Yamaha

RX5
Motif ES7
TX16W

Akai

MPC 3000
MPC 2000XL

Ensoniq

ASR 10

Software:

Project 5 V1 and 2
Sonar (several versions)
Ableton Live (several versions)
Battery (2 and 3)
Reason (3 and 4)

The question is, how many of those products were made by African Americans?

That's why I did buy the Beat Thing Virtual.

Roc seems to like the sounds too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDqYP4h4kaQ&feature=player_embedded

'nuff said!!!!

Last edited:
Here is a list of just about everything that I have ever bought or used to make beats with:

Roland:

Emu

SP 1200
SP 12

Yamaha

RX5
Motif ES7
TX16W

Akai

MPC 3000
MPC 2000XL

Ensoniq

ASR 10

Software:

Project 5 V1 and 2
Sonar (several versions)
Ableton Live (several versions)
Battery (2 and 3)
Reason (3 and 4)

The question is, how many of those products were made by African Americans?

That's why I did buy the Beat Thing Virtual.

Roc seems to like the sounds too:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HDqYP4h4kaQ&feature=player_embedded

'nuff said!!!!

Dang my list is not that long, and you went through all that?

1. Boss Dr 5 my very first drum Machine

2. Mpc 2000

3. MPC2000XL And never left it!

I don't go by if a person is African American to buy a product, I go by how stable is that product. But if a brother or sista has something of quality then I would get it. Isn't Roger Linn African descent? I could be wrong.

Anybody got the Beat Thang Virtual? Looks decent but I haven't really found any reviews on it yet and most of the videos are just from them.

:bigeyes: Uhhhh Ohhhh looks like someone bit off Akai lol hmmmmmm

35jcwo9.jpg

That's not even right. I wouldn't check into Beat Thang, but I hope they do their thing they might catch those young cats just coming into the game who like blue lights and what not. That don't impress me not one bit.

Now that Roger Linn II is a whole other case. This was the prototype and they moved back the production of it and said it's going to look better than this. whewwwww! I love Akai because I use the MPC2000xl and only love that machine. Now this is like yummy to the old and new heads.

33wnkhf.jpg

Akai bit that from Beat Kangz it was in one of their interveiws

Dang my list is not that long, and you went through all that?

1. Boss Dr 5 my very first drum Machine

2. Mpc 2000

3. MPC2000XL And never left it!

I don't go by if a person is African American to buy a product, I go by how stable is that product. But if a brother or sista has something of quality then I would get it. Isn't Roger Linn African descent? I could be wrong.

Obviously, we are from different SCHOOLS.

If you actually get passed the name and all of the early videos, you would see that the Beat Thang will be a decent product. The BTV is nice and the sounds alone are definitely worth the $150 price tag.

I'm good with my padKontrol. I will expand virtually if I need to. I'm starting to navigate towards making my Propellerheads setup as big as I can. Even thinking of selling my FL Studio License.

Obviously, we are from different SCHOOLS.

If you actually get passed the name and all of the early videos, you would see that the Beat Thang will be a decent product. The BTV is nice and the sounds alone are definitely worth the $150 price tag.

yeah we definitely from different schools. I got my beat thang Called Record lol

I cant believe somebody would pay for $1000 for this.More power to you if you plan on getting this,but I dont understand the hype around it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I cant believe somebody would pay for $1000 for this.More power to you if you plan on getting this,but I dont understand the hype around it.

:bigeyes:Hold up it cost $1,000 dollars? Why? Heck nah I wouldn't pay that much for that, it looks like it should be like $599 or something like that. Not me no sir ree I will stick with my trusty MPC2000xl. Now that Roger Linn looks very dang on promissing. They coming with some ish! Plus Beat Thang looks like a copy of Akai X20 joint. I aint no sucka and they aint catching me with that lol hahahah

Isn't the software like $149? When making this did they take the hardware and make it where you can use USB connected to your computer and use the software at the same time with the hardware?

It's cool. I've always been one to try to support the brothers when they are doing something positive.

Oh that's tight I feel you on that, you get no argument out of me. Yet though still, I have my joint that I use and I have mastered it, no need to switch.

Back