is anybody as tired of the game as i have become lately?

I've been saying this for years. Hip Hop just doesn't appeal to me anymore because it's the same old sh!t over and over. The lyrics are meaningless, its Hot Beat + Memorable Hook = $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

Songs nowadays can be lumped into the following catagories:

A. I used to be broke but now I'm paid
B. I run drugs and am involved in all sorts of illegal activity
C. I'm a lightskinned black guy who's smooth but at the same time just wants to smash
D. Get in the club and shake it / do this kooky dance
E. I'm rich as hell, and here's why

[F_or_DEAF] said:
the line has to be drawn...

everybody's too scared to call shyt wack nowadays...

that's why all these mo'fo's are getting away with murder...

all these big names niggaz are like dictators...

they tell you what is hot, so the people believe it is hot...

and if you say otherwise...

prepare for the Salem witch treatment...

The line has to be drawn...

Some people too close-minded to listen to anything different...

(HOW THE **** DOES NEW **** EQUATE TO MURDER?!?!)

All these stubborn beez think anybody on that new **** isn't thinking for themself

They tell you what is whack, so the people believe it is whack..

And if you say otherwise...

They call you mainstream and MURDERERS OF HIP-HOP!!! BYAAAH
:bigeyes:

... Yeah I went there

WhiteHotPro said:
I've been saying this for years. Hip Hop just doesn't appeal to me anymore because it's the same old sh!t over and over. The lyrics are meaningless, its Hot Beat + Memorable Hook = $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

C. I'm a lightskinned black guy who's smooth but at the same time just wants to smash

Alright.. Lets see, top played radio songs right now..

1.T.I.- Live your life
2.Rihanna- Disturbia
3.Neyo- Ms. Independent
4.T Pain- Chopped and Skrewed
5.Ludacris- One more drink

.... I don't see any of those A- E matching any of the 1-5

WhiteHotPro said:

says the n*gga who produced for soulja boy

Ali'i said:
Alright.. Lets see, top played radio songs right now..

1.T.I.- Live your life
2.Rihanna- Disturbia
3.Neyo- Ms. Independent
4.T Pain- Chopped and Skrewed
5.Ludacris- One more drink

.... I don't see any of those A- E matching any of the 1-5
Oh sorry, I forgot to add "I had hood dreamz but I made it, and you can too!"

You're only fooling yourself if you think any modern hip hop is innovative. I pump out more innovation in my 2 coiler morning sh!ts.

Jackpot ProductionZ said:
says the n*gga who produced for soulja boy
What does that have to do with anything? Did I co-write the songs?

I enjoy making the music, I enjoy selling the music. Just because I don't enjoy Rick Ross' new song about hustlin 'caine or 50 Cents new single about still keeping it hood, that doesn't make me a hypocrite.

Simply put, I love hip hop beats, I hate hip hop lyrics.

Last edited:
Here's some real hip hop from my homie Nikkage:

[video=youtube;<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/weojRGAz7cY&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/weojRGAz7cY&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>]video[/video]

WhiteHotPro said:
Oh sorry, I forgot to add "I had hood dreamz but I made it, and you can too!"

You're only fooling yourself if you think any modern hip hop is innovative. I pump out more innovation in my 2 coiler morning sh!ts.

What does that have to do with anything? Did I co-write the songs?

I enjoy making the music, I enjoy selling the music. Just because I don't enjoy Rick Ross' new song about hustlin 'caine or 50 Cents new single about still keeping it hood, that doesn't make me a hypocrite.

Simply put, I love hip hop beats, I hate hip hop lyrics.

You need some K-Rino in your life.

K-Rino - the man in the mask

[video=youtube;<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/rdk8ChQqilQ&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/rdk8ChQqilQ&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>]video[/video]

Last edited:
I think you ho's worry too much about the politics in music. This is why half of you won't make it cause you're worried about **** that you have no control over. If you love hip hop then make it, its that simple. If you don't have the heart to push through this right now then give up. Its a business people, and their top priority is $$. Hip hop isn't just a culture anymore. The music business has been this way Long before hip hop was even created.

Ear2thaground said:
I think you ho's worry too much about the politics in music. This is why half of you won't make it cause you're worried about **** that you have no control over. If you love hip hop then make it, its that simple. If you don't have the heart to push through this right now then give up. Its a business people, and their top priority is $$. Hip hop isn't just a culture anymore. The music business has been this way Long before hip hop was even created.

chuuuuuuuch

From skimming thisa thread my 2 cents....

Just because YOU don't like something doesn't make it any less "real hip hop". If Diddy told you your music wasn't "real hip hop", you'd say who the f**k is Diddy to say what is or isn't "real hip hop". So turn that around and ask yourself....who the f**k are you to think you have more say so than the people putting out music on major scales and satisfying consumers?

With that said, I personally believe hip hop music is currently lacking a certain "umph" it used to have. When I make tracks, I try to put that "umph" in it. That's all I can do. Just did tracks for upcoming releases for G.Dep and Mitchy Slick, both have that "umph" I feel is missing. Now who am I to say that "umph" I think is missing wasn't subtracted for the better?

I'll know when I make a record that brings the world to it's knees. Until then, Flo Rida - Low, Yung Berg - The Business, Soulja Boy - Krank Dat, Lil Wayne - Lollipop are bigger than my/your/our opinions.

This biz is now on even playing fields. I can give myself the same exposure labels are giving artists. Same goes for anyone else from Jean Grae to Immortal Tech to Nelly. Even Tech N9ne had a #1 Hip hop album on Billboard this year. Sold more 1st week than Yung Berg, almost twice as much.

Time will reveal the bullsh*t, everything comes to light. Consumers have choices, they're not being brainwashed and fed pitbullsh*t, they're selecting the music they want to hear.

Maybe some of us just have suck azz opinions of "good" and "bad" music?

deRaNged 4 Phuk'dup said:
Time will reveal the bullsh*t, everything comes to light. Consumers have choices, they're not being brainwashed and fed pitbullsh*t, they're selecting the music they want to hear.

Maybe some of us just have suck azz opinions of "good" and "bad" music?
we had this thread lately where people were discussing the impact of 21st century technology on the music production and promotion of arts in general.

I said that those who were able to do what they wanted to 300 years ago, 50 or 10 years ago, will benefit from new technology.
those who always complained about "the game". well, they will never change.

so with all the opportunities, outlets and the current major situation, where all of the additional and new tools are basically free of charge, you got be a lazy ass lame if you don't go out and grab yours.

I'm not complaining at all - the music on the airwaves/internet, the songs, the productions get better and better every year.
I'm not stuck forever in some glorious past scenario, where everything was better, more "real" and $hit.

I never bought into that mindset or agreed with it.
if you do, you are getting old. if you are 18-20 and you bytch about it like a grandpa missing Elvis and the Beatles, it only shows your ignorance.

you haven't contributed to the world of music, let alone influenced or changed it and you haven't done $hit - while LITERALLY, millions of new artists, musicians and producers are out there, doing their thing.

conclusion? get a life.

Last edited by a moderator:
the ratio of great songs to okay songs as shifted drastically.....

thanks to BIG brother and the boogie man......

bigakizzle said:
Then we got obama in office, so a whole lot of people who really thought music was the only way out can have something else to strive for.

LMFAO this ignorance is hilarious. So from your point of view, before Obama, a certain color of people could only be successful in music? SMH

Last edited:
the music game in of itself has not changed - and that's the biggest problem right now. the evolution of technology and how we project and share our music has changed, and it threw the old music industry's business model out the window. of course this results in having to adapt, but this is what creates the illusion of the industry loosing it's luster.

think about it: how many times did you buy a whole album (those of you old enough to answer this question) for one or two songs? yeah, maybe you forced yourself to like a few other songs and a few more "grew on you", but the artist/label got credit for a full album sale. times were great.

enter the digital world...

now you can pick and choose at a fraction of the cost. the industry's p&l changed dramatically! the artists are there just like they've always been. they can now just share their inexperience to the world now, versus the previous busness model filtering them from us. maybe this has increased the amount of inexperienced artists to encourage them to post as well, but they won't be there long. just like anything else of the masses: 20 percent will do 80 percent of the production.

which one are you?

if you're serious about it - whether that be about music or any other profession, you have to put in your work to even get a look at the possibility to reap from the benefits. and always remember that even though it's usually a heck of a lot more challenging, running your own business with little or no reliability from someone else is where the greatest wealth can be attained. and again...that goes for any profession.

WhiteHotPro said:
Hip Hop just doesn't appeal to me anymore because it's the same old sh!t over and over. The lyrics are meaningless, its Hot Beat + Memorable Hook = $$$$$$$$$$$$$.

REAL DEAL...

Ear2thaground said:

Everybody on here was just a fan before deciding to do music. Some of us are still fans first and producers or rappers second, that's why we might worry about the direction music is going in. For some people money isn't the main concern. We understand that this is a business but we're not in " producer mode " all the time... we're still fans once all of the gear gets turned off.

Back