I hate Fruity Loops. Here's why. Feedback

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sqito said:
Of what? -Extreme-common-sense-overload-? Wish I could spread a vaccine early enough

Lmao....I like that....Stay Up Lady.....B.K.

Sqito said:
I know you would.

I added you too my buddy list....Just letting you knoe...You wlecome to be part of my No Haters Allowed Click....Its up to you...B.K.

FrancisCares said:
I necessarily do not think I'm hating. Fruity Loops enables artists like Soulja Boy to make music. I'm not saying, "F Soulja Boy/He sucks" I'm just using it as an example. If you have just a little bit of common sense you can clearly see Soulja Boy's music is mindless, disrespects hip hop, and is clearly unaware of the artists before him...and it was all made on fruity loops...think about it...
all fl users aint like soulja boy

this is retarded. There is no other way around it. If you don't like the program, that's fine. But it makes no sense to bash it. Do you guys feel better by bashing it? Does it make you feel good? What the **** is the point? Maybe the name of the program should be "Super bad ass advanced program" So your usage of the program can be validated. A wav file is a wav file anywhere. What matters is how it's executed. This is extremely retarded.. and the people who go out of their way to say "**** fl" Are idiots.

breal said:
You really like to stir the pot.
with the big spoon

lanzemurdok said:
this is retarded. There is no other way around it. If you don't like the program, that's fine. But it makes no sense to bash it. Do you guys feel better by bashing it? Does it make you feel good? What the **** is the point? Maybe the name of the program should be "Super bad ass advanced program" So your usage of the program can be validated. A wav file is a wav file anywhere. What matters is how it's executed. This is extremely retarded.. and the people who go out of their way to say "**** fl" Are idiots.
yes i feel better when i bash it. It makes me feel very good and thats why I do it. It brings me joy to know that by bashing fruity loops that I have destroyed a fruity loops users day.

Last edited:
FrancisCares said:
Thank you

your beats are mad simple, it dont sound like your doin anything special. if all your doin is usin samples and drums, youd be more than straight with FL..or Reason.

dope producers who use FL/Reason:
young cee
swiff d
dj khalil
dj babu
etc.

you should prolly stop talkin until your beats can back you up. your makin yourself look like a damn fool. trust me

Last edited by a moderator:
i'm an mpc user. i like to feel my ****. if you can fux with software, more power to you. i can't stand mother****ers who use all the elements in software to make themselves sound like a dope cat when they just some lame ass kid from the suburbs. time to pay dues!

I think it's pretty lame to bash a program just cause you don't like it. Then those guys typically turn around and try to join the "whatever, as long as it works for you" crowd.

Shoutout to the dudes who use these "kiddie" programs and get paid more and more often then the whiners who complain about the software.

I imagine if the economy started booming 7 or 8 years ago and every man, woman and child could afford an MPC or the like, that producing would still be considered a "commodity?"

p3navision said:
i'm an mpc user. i like to feel my ****. if you can fux with software, more power to you. i can't stand mother****ers who use all the elements in software to make themselves sound like a dope cat when they just some lame ass kid from the suburbs. time to pay dues!

as opposed to a lame ass kid who can use all the elements of a hardware sequencer...?

i'm from the hood of the Bronx, but does that mean you can't make ill music if you're not from the "hood" ?

what the hell kinda site is this.

Last edited:
FrancisCares said:
Does anybody else have a passionate hatred for Fruity Loops?

I know some very respected people out there who use it as their main weapon, but seriously, Fruity Loops is for kids.

I myself upgraded from hardware. The first drum machine I bought was a Roland 606. I have owned a couple samplers until I started upgrading to software.

I messed with Fruity Loops for like a year when it first came around. The last version I've used was 3. I'm sure the newer versions are more user friendly with more features but I think it just makes the art of producing a commodity.

I'm a sample based producer and mostly punch my own drums in using ableton 7 with a slaved app Reason 4. Does anybody else hate Fruity Loops as much as I do?

The "Flip This" board might have not been appropiate for this post, but I think it is somewhat relative.

honestly I disagree for the most part. i use FL mainly, and I love it. I dont make typical "soulja boy" beats but mine have depth and everything and I enjoy mostly sampling, which I actually do EVERYTHING in FL.(I used to chop samples in Soundforge but I just chop them in FL now) I do have many drum samples & soundfonts (about 10 gigs worth) and the entire Waves bundle so I guess I have a step up from other FL users however I have noticed that there is only a certain amount a person can grow using FL and I feel like its time I switched to hardware (I've had my eye on a mpc1000 for the longest) and my beats sound really nice to where you wouldn't think they were made in FL. If you got time gimme a listen at www.myspace.com/swrap2 and listen to Tears and Lovin You... I sampled those and did everything in FL and it shows that FL can be used efficiently, if in the right hands. :monkey:

Well I'm gonna put my 2 cents into this just to make a real quick point that I don't think anyone has really made yet. FL studio for hip hop producers is pretty much an open format sequencer...and nothing more. If you use FL's stock sounds or VSTi's or waves or compose everything directly in FL I think you are kind of lazy and/or noobish. FL is good for very easy sequencing even though its quantinization capablities are pretty trash. If you are a DAW sample user and you actually have some idea of what you are doing (chopping OUTSIDE of the fruity slicer and creating your own chops and loops) I say you could use FL Studio and make very good music. If you are a DAW composer throw away FL, get a decent Midi controller, and BUY Reason with as many REfills and instrument packs your pockets can muster. As for the die hard Hardware users, I'm glad that you all have money to spend on things . That doesn't mean you should go around flashing your fancy equipment telling DAW users how we can't begin to make music as good as yours because you spent thousands of dollars on something you are just now learning how to use. Alot of people who buy MPC's have no clue how to use them. Just like alot of people who PIRATE FL are noobs and have no ear for music.
Case in point: FL doesn't suck...There are just ALOT of people who suck at FL...an ASTONISHING amount...

Urbain said:
Well I'm gonna put my 2 cents into this just to make a real quick point that I don't think anyone has really made yet. FL studio for hip hop producers is pretty much an open format sequencer...and nothing more. If you use FL's stock sounds or VSTi's or waves or compose everything directly in FL I think you are kind of lazy and/or noobish. FL is good for very easy sequencing even though its quantinization capablities are pretty trash. If you are a DAW sample user and you actually have some idea of what you are doing (chopping OUTSIDE of the fruity slicer and creating your own chops and loops) I say you could use FL Studio and make very good music. If you are a DAW composer throw away FL, get a decent Midi controller, and BUY Reason with as many REfills and instrument packs your pockets can muster. As for the die hard Hardware users, I'm glad that you all have money to spend on things . That doesn't mean you should go around flashing your fancy equipment telling DAW users how we can't begin to make music as good as yours because you spent thousands of dollars on something you are just now learning how to use. Alot of people who buy MPC's have no clue how to use them. Just like alot of people who PIRATE FL are noobs and have no ear for music.
Case in point: FL doesn't suck...There are just ALOT of people who suck at FL...an ASTONISHING amount...

ill response fam

And i feel u all on that if u get up and work everyday u can buy the boxed set of fl instead of moochin off people that put up the free version

FL is a beast!!! The haters are the ones that spent too much money on hardware and cant get the same results as the ones who kill tracks with Fl.

Urbain said:

co-sign!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back