How to promote your music - here are some working methods

Thanks for this. I'm doin a lot of this now and wanted to begin writing blogs. I was thinking of blogging on my myspace since it is already linked to all my other social networking sites. Do you recommend a dot com instead? I assume I would benefit from search engines more if I had my own domain.

It's not just search engines. I think people in generally will take you more seriously if you have a .com. At least that's how I am ha.

In my point of view make a free concert in school and colleges is the best way to promote your music and bands. Youth is a good asset to promote your music so you should make concert in youth places.

I think A&R people are worthless from now on.I sent 1200 e-mails and they're like just saying what should I do instead of having contact with labels

Go everywhere! Facebook, Twitter, Soundcloud, Bandcamp, Forums, FutureProducers.com :cool: ...and so on... a mass attack!

When you are promoting you are pretty much selling yourself in many different ways to promote correctly everything should be linking together and should meet the same requirements. stay relevant with your youtube,twitter, Facebook, Myspace only talk about business and what you have to offer as a business

Great information man, promotion is definitely a priority for any musician, I plan to have more followers for my music as well so these tips are really helpful!

well this was some good advice but there's somethings i need help with.
first off, I need a name/title. I'm a producer. a friend had thought maybe "losbeats", or "los"
since my name is carlos but i searched google and its taken already.
I also thought of unikbeats but its also taken (unik, unuique, uneek) all taken.
Any suggestions? also, i was thinking maybe if i add "TheReal..." or "...Productions" or "ProdBy..."
i made the prodby up(well i never seen it). the dots represent a name. you dont have to use that though.

Any names welcomed!

well this was some good advice but there's somethings i need help with.
first off, I need a name/title. I'm a producer. a friend had thought maybe "losbeats", or "los"
since my name is carlos but i searched google and its taken already.
I also thought of unikbeats but its also taken (unik, unuique, uneek) all taken.
Any suggestions? also, i was thinking maybe if i add "TheReal..." or "...Productions" or "ProdBy..."
i made the prodby up(well i never seen it). the dots represent a name. you dont have to use that though.

Any names welcomed!

I had some hard times with my name as well, until I used a variation of a nickname I had for like 10 years now (it's not the one i use here, though). Problem is, everytime you put my artistic name on google, it says "Maybe you meant Darksiders?"

Lol

hah... your name is really unique though and theres got to be a way to fix google autocorrecting your name

Back