How to promote your music - here are some working methods

Thanks alot

I'm new to this site,I'm from Baton Rouge Louisiana and I produce DubStep. It's not big down here at all. Any advice on how I can possibly get it circulating around here. I like the blog on how to promote yourself it's really helpful. Thanks very much. Enjoy your day.

---------- Post added 03-08-2013 at 06:26 AM ---------- Previous post was 03-05-2013 at 05:40 AM ----------

Thank you very much. Great info and I'm bout to jump on it. I appreciate the help. Again thanks a lot. Where can I check out your music..

---------- Post added at 06:30 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:26 AM ----------

Say bro I feel you. I'm from Louisiana also. And its hard to get some people to listen to DubStep. But I'm not gone give up,Imma keep dropping that bass...

---------- Post added at 06:35 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 AM ----------

Thanks for the advice. And like TripMX said it is hard especially being from Louisiana. But I can't give up so Imma continue on dropping bass

Thank you very much. Great info and I'm bout to jump on it. I appreciate the help. Again thanks a lot. Where can I check out your music..

Attachments

• GANSTAWALK.MP3
    4.4 MB · Views: 9
Yeah I'm trying to get across the internet as much as I can. I've set up youtube, facebook, twitter, soundcloud, bandcamp and a minor website. I don't see any need in making a myspace account since the site's practically dead anyway :rolleyes:

That's very useful thread. It's a lot of work to promote yourself and when will I have time for makin beats? hah. Peace out to all forum members!

Band promotion stuff

I’d like to make my band more popular. somebody gave me a link on Artistecard on my facebook page. Does anybody know this?

I agree totally. I just wanted to add a few more things not to do. This is mainly about social media marketing. I know from a marketing prospective it is counter productive to be a spammer. So the first thing I would say is don't be a spammer. Don't go to facebook and twitter and just post your links to your sound cloud and itunes music and expect to get any respect let alone any sells. Although the internet is a great way to promote and sell things the principles of offline sales still apply. No one is going to buy something just because you spam them. If they don't know who you are you are are just wasting yours and their time. Your best best is to engage them online before asking them to buy something from you. You have to build an actual relationship with them before they will reciprocate and support your projects. This comes from you really caring about them and appreciating them. No one likes to be abused or being a number.

So how do you get them to interact with you? Firstly you have to be forthcoming as to why you are contacting them in the first place. They need to know what you are doing upfront. Don't just contact them and say I want you to buy this because I am an artist. They are going to laugh at you or ignore you. This is why online you can become any one you want. People are a lot more brave online than they are offline and truthfully can do alot more damage to your reputation than they could before the internet.

Just to recap don't be a spammer, don't be a creep, and respect all your potential fans and prosepects.

I've done everything listed in the first post before reading this thread. The reward is small in my case because of the TYPE and STYLE of my music, which only caters to a very niche crowd. You'd have to pay alot of money to get niche stuff out there.

So just pay the money.

To promote our music brand, we have various things to promote, first of all we have to create channels on video sites like youtube, metcafe etc then we have to create their social profiles.

Thanks

running a blog is definitely hard and it's also hard to have timely/relevant/original posts that aren't already covered. otherwise you'd drown in SEO from the myriad of similar themed posts.

Just started marketing my website to sell beats I must say getting traffic is possible but getting someone to buy is another thing the best way in my opinion is to have a healthy relationship with artists and support them as they support you!

Back