How many of you producer actually buy and use sample kits/loop packs?

Do you use loop packs?

• Total voters
If I come across one that has sounds I know I could definitely use, then yeah. It's hard to come across a really good one though, since so many of these kits are just processed 808's lol. Don't think I've ever paid more than $50 for a kit though.

I've never EVER read an interview or watched a video of a top name producer that makes his/her own sounds. It's dumb and there's absolutely no reason trying to reinvent the wheel and create something that already exists. The people who actually BUY music don't care or even have any sort of knowledge as to how any of this is done. If you find a sound you like, sample it, because there is a 99.99% chance that artist sampled it also.

I can't remember the last time I was dancing at a club and the girl was like "I love this song but I hate how he keeps using Vengeance samples." People don't know and don't care. Just make it sound good.

Last edited:
90% of the free kits are watered down versions of what people have purchased I don't download a lot of "free kits" but I like to purchase from the drum brokers site best site. I'll mind kits are just awesome

I have never bought any drumkits but that was because I was in my teens with no money as I start growing older I realize that I should start helping to contribute to the maker of the drumkit instead of just looking up a drum kit and getting it free.

sample packs and drum kits are good if you need more inspiration and more originality in your productions. Fl Studio for example comes with a small amount of drum hits so you have the chance that your instrumentals to resemble with many other tracks from other producers who use only the same default sounds. Also MIDI loops packs are great for inspiration and flexibility to create your own sounds and loops. MIDI files works in FL Studio exactly as "scores", just send the midi to the piano roll and here you have a pattern ready to be rendered with your favorite VSTi or you can even use soundfonts for more realistic instruments.

loop -kit and samples? like those short clips that were composed/recorded just so that producers could chop them or use as a loops on their beats. no, never those. no creativity there in my opinion... some say sampling overall is not creative but atleast my sampling involves a lot of digging and chopping.

drum kits are different thing. i might buy some

I use a lot of drum kits. Bought a sample pack the other week but felt like I was cheating a bit.

Purchased red container condenser mic 3weeks ago... with adding got reasonable bit of dope example selection now...
Kinda motivated by the traumah packages, its dope should examine em out

Last edited by a moderator:
This is a tricky question for me because I have two separate music projects. For my own music which I do for my own enjoyment I don't use other people's loops. My paying music gig (I make music for slot machines) requires that I work in musical genres that I am often very unfamiliar with. With tight deadlines and working with unfamiliar genres of music I will often use loops to set the tone of what I am trying to make.

I'd rather find free sources. I was able to get 4000 sounds from one pack. Found it here

drum-kits.wix.com/hip-hop-essentials

I really just use the samples that come with Maschine 2.0. I've also bought the Lazer Dice expansion because it has some awesome drum sounds. It has almost every sound I need and I haven't even been through the whole library even though I've had it forever.

Back