How many of you producer actually buy and use sample kits/loop packs?

Do you use loop packs?

• Total voters
I usually search around for free kits or I make my own. There really is no need to pay someone unless you're looking for something really specific.

I like Boomandbap.com for drums. and bigfishaudio.com for larger libraries. MVP loops has great vocal libraries. Freshtone has really great vintage drums. and goldbaby has a ton of usable stuff.
as far as loops I don't use loop packs so much as one shots. but loops can be good when you get creative with em.

also I am releasing a new Maschine expansion pack (Raw samples are wav format so they can be used in other DAWs as well.) called the Dystopia pack Flux302 Dystopia Maschine Expansion pack overview - YouTube

I hate drum kits and construction loops, I'd rather use one shots to make my own kits/vibe ...

The only drum kit I've bought are the Sound In HD bundle ...

Looking to purchase 'MPC Samples: Sound Of The Underground' next ...

Reason 6.5 has a nice drum editor you can design them from scratch ...

I sell custom sample kits.

I know I have sounds & techniques ppl can't obtain elsewhere.

Every sound is a sample of another sound IMO.

I got all the Traumah kits..got the Judah kit, the Alkota kits..I pretty much try to get any decent drum kit I can afford..I get a lot of royalty free shit..there's a lot of decent free stuff online too..I'm always on the lookout for new sounds..Been getting guitar riffs..cinematic samples..all royalty free stuff as of recent..And I also use bitcrushers and eq to create my own drum sounds too..I'm learning now..

never have up to this point, i like creating things on my own! but i might give it a try in the future...

Not loops, but I do use Drum SAMPLES. I make the loops myself with those samples. Can't be proud of a track where I didn't even make the patterns.

Not loops, but I do use Drum SAMPLES. I make the loops myself with those samples. Can't be proud of a track where I didn't even make the patterns.

i hear what you're saying...you have to add your own touch!

Last edited:

Same here, I use drum SAMPLES, but make my own loops with them. Just piling a bunch of loops on top of each other doesn't exactly demonstrate YOUR musical ability. I would feel like a fraud if I made music that way and called it my own.

I think any real Producer makes his own loops and does not use sample packs. I do think the synth patches are great starting point for producer to edit from to get a new signature sound that will be unique.. patches for thought.. :)

Back