Hit Songwriter Rico Love Advice on Music Biz "You should quit now" (Vid)

"But when you aren't successful and rich, and things aren't moving as fast as you'd like, then you might as well quit cuz it's meant to happen overnight."

Not the point, take the message positively. Shouldn't have to be explained... some people really do lick floors to make it. Cold world.

If you ever feel like quitting, you really don't like music that much anyway.

^^^^

the thought of quitting seems ridiculous,unless they are talking about pursuing major label success...for anyone who has any passion for music quitting is impossible

I've never heard of this dude, but true words have never sounded better

He's written every song you ever heard with the phrase "Turn the Lights On" in it like a tag. Ex. "Sweet Dreams" by Beyonce.

I don't understand why this was so inspirational and "knowledgable" though.

"Quitters never Win". I think that's on the final exam in PRESCHOOL? Still doesn't mean that you shouldn't encourage a guy who doubts himself. Famous rich folk got nothing but yes men, so it's easy for them to get there and convince themselves they never had doubts.

lol i was distracted from trying to figure out if his pool cue had a tip or not.
but yeh wouldnt class it as words of wisdom or knowledgable, jus some basic common knowledge tbh-but glad others learnt from it.

Not that they never had doubts, just that they ignore em. We all have doubts, we're human. But that shit shouldn't even come out. Some dudes be walkin around just b*tchin about how they're better than 80% o the people in the game (look up tonesmoke lmao) blahzay etc... and how they pissed off that people aren't responding to em yada...

It's more an attitude thing, positivity vs. pessimism...

who is that guy cuz ive never seen him nor do i care. anyways on topic i agree with yall that say that the idea of quitting music is hard to fathom. i do this for the love if i make it great if i dont o well, regardless imma do me.

Last edited:
lol i was distracted from trying to figure out if his pool cue had a tip or not.
but yeh wouldnt class it as words of wisdom or knowledgable, jus some basic common knowledge tbh-but glad others learnt from it.

Right there with you. I could hear it. No Tip. LoL. :cheers: Smh @ using the community pool cue.

Shout out to the homie! - took the words right outa my mouth

i watched this like 5 times...lol at the comments on the vid...dude was gettin on his hariline lol

hes got a point. haha i sleep on a couch in my moms place and my mic is like 10 feet from me when i sleep lmao this hit home

hes got a point. haha i sleep on a couch in my moms place and my mic is like 10 feet from me when i sleep lmao this hit home

Real talk though. I give you props for not fronting like most other people do about their come ups. I can relate to that as well my man... if it weren't for music, I'd surely be somewhere else more preferable entirely. That's that passion though...

Back