**Digging adventures - post what you get**

Seems every time I go dig now I find 3 records..

records-2.jpg

i went digging tonight and found squat! ill try again next week probably but then again I need a new hard drive lol

I picked up two records the other day. Didn't snag a pic, but here are the covers.

GIANT CRAB - A Giant Crab Comes Forth
208161.jpg

Some cool Pysch Fuzz Pop. I dropped $35 on it, has a couple of really cool breaks that will work well for a project I am involved in.

Quincy Jones - Money OST
5ydma8.jpg

Typical Q Jones soundtrack from the early 70's, funky jazz

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn I see everybody with like 3 to 5 digs, how come I come home with like 20 somethings records everytime I dig? Lol.

Damn I see everybody with like 3 to 5 digs, how come I come home with like 20 somethings records everytime I dig? Lol.

I've been doing this for 10+ years... It is rare that I see many things I don't have, that I know I want. I shop for quality records now, not just anything here or there that I think might have a sample on it. I am careful with my selections. At some point having shelves of dollar bin records becomes a burden.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have been digging off and on since 2003. I at one point even sold off my collection and then started again a year later in 2007. After a while and going digging often you get all of the popular stuff fast. And if you are smart and don't sell your records you'll begin to dig for quality stuff later anyway

I've been doing this for 10+ years... It is rare that I see many things I don't have, that I know I want. I shop for quality records now, not just anything here or there that I think might have a sample on it. I am careful with my selections. At some point having shelves of dollar bin records becomes a burden.

Yea, but since the car my father and I share isn't officially mine yet, I don't get to go to the record store that often so when I do go, I'll spend hours looking through records at stuff I might like or looks interesting and stuff from artists that I know usually have good stuff and come out with about 20 or more records.

I shop for quality records now, not just anything here or there that I think might have a sample on it. I am careful with my selections. At some point having shelves of dollar bin records becomes a burden.

That's what I'm on

kick all your bargin bin records dis way.............ill put em to good use for you!:sing:

heres a stack of about 100 or so records i got on craigslist yesterday for 30 bucks.

i still be around, i been on lurk mode alot more lately. i got big on the composition side a things for a sec.......vinyl got the best a me again tho.

right. PM me some links to your composed ished. I always dug your samples beats, would love to hear ur compsed shit.

u still workin w the MV?

thanks man.

recently i bought reason 4 and a mpd. now ima propellerhead for sure!!! My MV started to collect dust the price point on em were starting to drop signifigantly so long story short i sold it!

ima gear slut tho and to be honest i miss the hardware. i been toying with the idea of copping a mpc 2000xl and using reason as a sound module. seen a few youtubes a how to set it up and it looks promising.

i ont wana muddy up this thread anymore wit tangents so ill be sure and pm you some new ish asap.

Youll be getting Reason 5 on the 25th of august I would wait for that mpc purchase. what mpd did you buy?

i got the 24. i bought is at guitar center and ive seriously contemplated returning it and buying a mpd26 because i got that $20 insurance deal thing......apparently to return it id have to mail the mpd to GC and theyll mail me back my full purchase amount. which could take up to 6 weeks and i just havent decided weather its worth the hassle......only to gain note repeat and tap tempo.

Back