**Digging adventures - post what you get**

What's that Tubular Bells all about? There's a copy sitting at one of my spots.
That Moog joint looks pretty sweet

---------- Post added at 02:48 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:47 PM ----------

Here's a couple records I picked up on a lil after work dig

records-1.jpg

Yeah, the moog one is nice - even has some breaks. Tubular bells is pretty cool - I heard it on the radio a bit ago - kind of tripped out extended instrumentals. I guess the exorcist theme is actually part of one of the tracks on there.

great digs people. Ill post some the records i got yesterday later. theyre nothing special a couple of Bob James records

Dig from my trips to Oxford and Cambridge Universities, hitting them Oxfams and book stores! Haha

Dope music shop in Cambridge too called Fopp, got a lot of indie vinyl, hip hop, soul, jazz ALOT of good shit. Expensive though!

34fb95e.jpg

The pictures shit so imma list them:
- Top right - Flying Lotus Joint (Absolutely dope! Was 14 quid but I had to pick it up.)

-Phillips Goes Digital
- Golden Hour of Trad Jazz
- Piano Works by Julius and Ottoe Reubke
- Ariel by Ariel
- My Point Of View (Blue Note Records)
- Thelonius Monk - Rarest of All Records (Quality is soooo musky, not sure if it's a good or bad, needs a few more listens)

Some awesome digs in here!

At my local record store here in DC I recently came across a couple of 'Command Records' 1960/70s vinyl, one entitled 'Brass Impact' and the other 'Persuasive Percussion'. Any of the Command Records releases is worth picking up. High quality high fidelity recordings with some great sample-worthy material.

I used to have the Persuasive Percussion album and the Bongo one. I grabbed the sounds and got rid of them.

Those records, and all records showing off stereo, crack me up. The dramatic hard right to left panning lol.

They probably blew peoples minds back in the day. Couldn't imagine only having mono then hearing stereo for the first time.

Last edited by a moderator:
these are some digs I did last week. That bob james two had a classic break that I didnt know was there. I still aint listened to heads

Bob James 'One' and 'Two' are MUST HAVES.

'Heads' is pretty alright. The track Nightcrawler is ridiculous! IMO

i am trying to find a copy of $1 for less than $20 locally lol. Its hard to find around here and I am about to say f*ck it and get a digital copy lol. I have been doing a lot of E digging lately

I just bought $52 worth of records from the record store a few days ago, I'll post some pics later tonight. This guy offered me a few hundred LPs and 45s for $100 and I'm debating whether or not to take his offer because I don't like 45s and he's only selling it by the entire lot. I'll see if he'll sell me only the LPs though.

yeah it's dope... double LP. the whole album is like a one big song. same type of melodies all over it.

and i just found out, that carrie lucas album has been sampled on this track:

one of my alltime favorite hiphop songs

Back