Command Station Owners Enter

Status
Not open for further replies.
TypikalStatistik said:
I bought an mp-7 a couple days ago. previously i used an xl-7 w/ vintage pro, pure phatt roms and a virtuoso module but sold them for rent money at the time. it feels good to be back in the CS club.
hey, how'd you like the virtuoso and vintage modules? the virtuoso is the orchestral 1&2 roms, right?
LevLove

Yup, it has the orchestral roms vol.1 & vol.2. At the time I was using the xl-7 to sequence reason, and I didn't really use the virtuoso much. With the music I made ide of been better off with an orbit v3 but I found it cheap and couldn't pass it up. Great sounds, I used it sparingly only when I didnt feel like makin a track and using reason. Unless u do scores/really organic subtle type music, its 2 rom spots better off xchanged. (coming from someone that makes electro/hip hop/breakbeat)

the vintage collection I really liked. idk but something about the drum kits made me love it even more. and of course all the other old school synths and eps..etc.. are awesome. ill def try and pick that up again if I run into one for a good price

Last edited:
Anyone of you command station users runnin it with Logic? How's that going for you, regarding the sync etc?

Anyone of you command station users runnin it with Logic? How's that going for you, regarding the sync etc?
i don't run it with Logic, but i do use it with Live and Reason. are you having problems with the tempo jumpin in Logic when the CS is the clock master? if so, i've heard lowering/raising the buffer in Logic should help.
LevLove

command stations rocks!!!
Mine is older than this thread, and still giving it a hard use... non stop 5 years owning them I can't believe they still being sold as cheap synths under $400.

i just wish i could find the orchestral roms (or any of the roms) for a low price. some of the roms that don't come in the machines. the Command Station is a great sequencer and controller, if only it could sample, it would be a great stand alone machine. but, with Live on the computer, i can basically sample when sequencing in the Command Station. route the midi out to a channel in Live and boom, you can now "sample" and sequence on the CS. lol, the evil genious strikes again. well, not really.
LevLove

go to vintage synth explorer deals thread on the forums section

There's a member selling 2 roms + a module on $250, great dea.

i don't run it with Logic, but i do use it with Live and Reason. are you having problems with the tempo jumpin in Logic when the CS is the clock master? if so, i've heard lowering/raising the buffer in Logic should help.
LevLove

nah, that's not it. Can't seem to get Logic to send out the start/stop signals, even tho "external start/stop" is accepted in MP7 and i've selected all sends in logic sync settings. Maybe i should try to use the MP7 as an control interface?

still not able to sync the MP7 and Logic.. Got MV-8000 synced into Logic tho, which is nice... but i'd still like MP7 better. is there really no other logic + command station users here?

how do you want to synchronize them? Are you trying to sequence the sounds of the E-mu with LOGIC?

Or just trying to run their sequences at the same time

running the sequences would be just fine for me. i got the logic to run when i press play on my MV8000, so obvisouly i tried to just switch MP7 to it's place (cablewise) but that didn't work..

Go to MIDI section
transmit keyboard:ON
Check the System Exclusive Device ID # to make it consistent with the logic.
Send MIDI clock: on

If you want to run sequences from the MP7, use channels MIDI out A or B, if wanna activate MP7 sequences from other sequencer, use EMU's MIDI in.

you should have no problems with EMU's MIDI issues. Is quite simple and intuitive on the command station.

Go to MIDI section
transmit keyboard:ON
Check the System Exclusive Device ID # to make it consistent with the logic.
Send MIDI clock: on

If you want to run sequences from the MP7, use channels MIDI out A or B, if wanna activate MP7 sequences from other sequencer, use EMU's MIDI in.

you should have no problems with EMU's MIDI issues. Is quite simple and intuitive on the command station.

Hmm, where should i input the device id in Logic? on the enviroment settings somewhere? i'm not at home for the weekend, god damn.. i wish i could try that now.
I was used to using MP flawlessly with cubase, the sync was ON POINT from the start. Logic's syncing is plain weird.

I dunno I sucks using software. By default on most of the MIDI devices, is set on 00, 01 or 17

Remember that there is delay offset on the MIDI section of the command station and is very related with the SYNC point between the C.S. and the MIDI device that is controlling it.

It's useful when working with large amounts of MIDI data, and it specifies the time that separates each Midi message. By default is 00300 ms, but you can reducir to even 00030 if you are working with low MIDI data flowing.

Last edited:
PRODATUM V.39

At least!!!!!!:cheers:

This is a patch editor for:

Modules: Vintage Pro, Audity 2000 (v2), Proteus 2000, Proteus 1000, B-3, XL-1, Virtuoso 2000, Mo'Phatt, B-3 Turbo, XL-1 Turbo, Mo'Phatt Turbo, Planet Earth, Planet Earth Turbo, Proteus 2500 and Orbit 3

Keyboards: Vintage Keys, PK-6, XK-6, MK-6 and Ensoniq Halo

Command Stations: PX-7, XL-7 and MP-7

This is a patch editor for the command stations. Lot of great praises over it:

hope it helps to command station users....

http://prodatum.sourceforge.net/

PRODATUM V.39

At least!!!!!!:cheers:

This is a patch editor for:

Modules: Vintage Pro, Audity 2000 (v2), Proteus 2000, Proteus 1000, B-3, XL-1, Virtuoso 2000, Mo'Phatt, B-3 Turbo, XL-1 Turbo, Mo'Phatt Turbo, Planet Earth, Planet Earth Turbo, Proteus 2500 and Orbit 3

Keyboards: Vintage Keys, PK-6, XK-6, MK-6 and Ensoniq Halo

Command Stations: PX-7, XL-7 and MP-7

This is a patch editor for the command stations. Lot of great praises over it:

hope it helps to command station users....

http://prodatum.sourceforge.net/

gotta check that one out...still struggling with the sync issue. I got my MV-8000 to control Logic (using only midi out from MV to Logic's Midi In) so, that when i press play in MV, the Logic will start it's sequence also. This way i have been able to record midi sequences from MV to Logic. Then, i connected my MP-7 to MV ( i like MP-7's pads better) via MP-7's Midi out into MV's Midi in. Now, i could control both MV and Logic's AU's on MP-7 (but not in sync). I happened to notice that MV-8000's Midi device id was 17. Ok, i thought i'd switch MP-7 into 17 also.. and Logic started to play when i pressed play on MP-7! This seemed great so i took the MV out of the equation, and tried again. NOTHING. When MV is in between, the sync seems to work , but when i try to control the Logic with MP-7, sync just doesn't work. what could be the issue? this really bugs me, cos with Cubase, the sync between software and MP-7 was quite flawless. i could get rid of the MV-8000 if this would be solved..

Anyone know any good usb midi interfaces for a laptop with Vista 64-bit? I bought an m-audio uno to control NI Battery from my command station but the uno's not compatible with vista 64

Can the Command Stations be played like grooveboxes? I haven't seen how to build a beat live, starting with one layer of sounds & adding to it on the fly. Is there a way to do this?

If so, how?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back