Autochopping in Kong is here

I have to agree even though I use recycle "sometimes", its very underwhelming in features ,you cant even import audio longer than 5 mins....smh not only that but recycle can't even record audio or even edit it besides adding slices ,compressions and setting the tempo of the file(no timestretch whatsoever)in 2010 its a fail imo.

Definitely. But we were having this conversion 10 years ago! Back then you could buy BeatCreator for $89.00, FL Studio was available around that time for $150.00. Props were asking $250.00 for Recycle. Give Propellerheads credit for being way ahead of the game with software slicing. But 16 years later and Recycle is still at version 2.x. They dropped the ball and are robbing Reason users to keep this product making money for them.

A little off topic, but i wanted to know this thing - so now reason 5 has live sampling and for example, can i record sample directly in kong? By this i mean the same technique kev brown is using in this video, starts around 30 sec:

Just hit record, record sample into kong, then set sample start/end point, save it to first pad and then do the same process to all the kong pads. - if all this is possible, then i think it's dope.

i love that video and dope ass beat!

Do people realize that recycle is a very old product that's been around before all those other beat slicers with more features yet its still being talked about that's hasto say alot

As much as I love Reason + Record, I have to say that I hate using Recycle. The only reason that it's being talked about still is because Props won't phase it out.

Well to each is own i love using recycle...some people don't and some people do everyone workflow is different. RECYCLE IS PROPS FIRST PRODUCT I DON'T SEE WHY THEY SHOULD PHASE IT OUT IF THEY STILL MAKE MONEY FROM IT.

Last edited:
People still use REASON?

I have some old VCR tapes and cassettes if you want 'em... I have a corded phone too that you can have...

Last edited by a moderator:
Lol @ Rome. I still have tapes too. And yes I want them. On another note why not use Reason?

Some of the stuff in it just useless

I could take the NN-XT and Redrum and call it a day.

What they should do is come out with VST versions of their modules and let people use them in other DAW's without having to have the full version of REASON...

... they can still sell the full version of REASON to people that want it.

They would rack up that way moreso than doing it the way they're doing now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Some of the stuff in it just useless

I could take the NN-XT and Redrum and call it a day.

What they should do is come out with VST versions of their modules and let people use them in other DAW's without having to have the full version of REASON...

... they can still sell the full version of REASON to people that want it.

They would rack up that way moreso than doing it the way they're doing now.
I find the Redrum useless to be honest. I've never liked it. And whats the point of opening them as a vst? how many vsts do people need? most people have a ton of vsts that do the same shit. Reason is just another option for those of us who wish to use it. If you actually take a look around the most popular software synth out there. A lot of people love Reason and love using it with their individual work flows. Vst is cool if thats what one wants to me its just a different road to the same place

I find the Redrum useless to be honest. I've never liked it. And whats the point of opening them as a vst? how many vsts do people need? most people have a ton of vsts that do the same shit.

One word : Inspiration

each plugin has its own sounds and character..I know its totally a psychological thing but you know about the 'New plugin' feeling.. Especially when they come with new featuures..

There are thousands of refills out there with new sounds if u r a preset guy. I'm inspired by good music. Well that and I am inspired by totally reconstructing a song into a new piece of work aka sampling.

Back