Autochopping in Kong is here

Another question - is Reason 5 opening ''good'' your old Reason 4 projects? I mean there is no problems to make some changes in your old beats opening them with Reason 5?

i

ok so use cubase/fl/live/etc to get the job done lol.

LOL..I have a "MPC" template for Cubase's Groove AgentOne that I use for sampling..so yeah, set it up once and keep it movin.

I just like messing with REASON users, cus they are now as emotional as the FLSTUDIO users used to be...how times have changed.

Groove Agent One is really nice.

128 PADS with dedicated editors?...16 Stereo outs? drag/drop Midi and Audio?....I'd say its pretty damn nice!..

I was going to post a vid about it, but ive been too busy using it.
Plus we aren't like other DAW users. No need to shout it from the roof tops to convince ourselves that we have great tools...LOL

Another question - is Reason 5 opening ''good'' your old Reason 4 projects? I mean there is no problems to make some changes in your old beats opening them with Reason 5?

Bump :confused:

I mostly use Record 1.5, but I've never had a problem opening any Reason 4 project in 5. If you have multiple Dr. Rex racks in your project, it'll open as multiple Dr. Octorex racks. They didn't take anything away so everything is still there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well it's good that it's possible but yeah, a bit too complicated for the way I prefer to do it. Still, I'm glad they took some step towards dealing with "slicing" or "chopping", or whatever you want to call it.

Last edited:
This is cool, but its still forcing you to go out and buy Recycle (since it won't allow you to do this with WAV files), which is not worth the $249 price tag. If they would just incorporate Recycle into Reason (which they will never do if they haven't done by now), especially since they now included the Live Sampling feature, they could convert a lot of users over to the world of Propellerhead

Last edited:
I would say $5.00 or FREE. At least I used it for FREE. Thanks to my drum & bass Logic boy.

No need for it now----------------- DELETE.

It's me again with new questions to all Reason 5 users again about live sampling.
1. Anyone tryd that method what i posted - recording your sample directly in nn-xt or kong?
2. Is there possible to record sound direct from computer without mic? For example i am watching movie and bam there is some nice sound or phrase what i would like to sample - instead of ripping and then chopping it up, is there way how to record it directly in Reason 5 without mic?

LOL Yeah if I compare Recycle to Zero-X BeatCreator, I would have to value Recycle at $15.00.
I have to agree even though I use recycle "sometimes", its very underwhelming in features ,you cant even import audio longer than 5 mins....smh not only that but recycle can't even record audio or even edit it besides adding slices ,compressions and setting the tempo of the file(no timestretch whatsoever)in 2010 its a fail imo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Do people realize that recycle is a very old product that's been around before all those other beat slicers with more features yet its still being talked about that's hasto say alot

Back