Anybody on here from Australia!?

at the moment yeah the dude is good. i dont think his great. but i think maybe its cause i met the dude and he seems like biggest wanker going.
---------------- Now playing: Slum Village - World Full Of Sadness via FoxyTunes

nah man, as of late he's actually been slipping in my opinion. he's trying to reach out more to the mainstream community now and it's hurting his reputation cuz his older stuff is FIRE. Check out my site and search for his Goldcoast Beatsmith albums...you might change your opinion as far as his music is concerned.

was it that he just didn't like your beats or something? cuz the few times I've chatted with him on ustream he seems pretty cool and he's a funny dude..

yeah i've met him before at a gig at my old hometown. he seem pretty cool hay, even told me one of his tricks he does with most of his snares to make em sound real bangin. which i thought was pretty nice of him, i can see what u mean when u say hes going a little mainstream... his older stuff is alot better

nah i havent done any work with briggs havent made any his style or that would suit him. one day in the future maybe. going to funkoars gig tommorow night at the hi fi bar.....

yeah i just moved with my gf on saturday man, dont really know anyone from melbs, only a few people.

and i dont think im going to RZA.. havent got tickets. havent got much cash so i only go to show with briggs, saves entry fee ha.

oh yeah sweet man, i would go if i had enough cash ay.. ahwell ive seen funkores quite a few times anyway. haha its funny you say that, alot of my mates are too gritty for the soulful beats i tend to make.. wouldnt mind check'n out what kinda stuff your doing somtime. what do u use? im on the mpc 1000

I sold my MPC 1000 to someone in Melbourne, you didn't buy mine did you? I didn't have a use for it with all the software I have.

I think about $800 or something a couple of years ago. It is a shame though, they are a nice bit of kit. Will probably be worth a fortune a couple of decades down the road as well!

yeah

I think about $800 or something a couple of years ago. It is a shame though, they are a nice bit of kit. Will probably be worth a fortune a couple of decades down the road as well!

yeah i know what you mean, there abit of a collectors item.. i bought mine for 1200.. my mate i bought it off used it literally like 6 times, couldnt get the hang of it so sold it to me haha... so its in really good condition. dont think ill ever sell mine, i guess everyone says that though...

was it that he just didn't like your beats or something? cuz the few times I've chatted with him on ustream he seems pretty cool and he's a funny dude..

hahaha nah, i aint one to go up to the dude and be like ey check out my beats or nothing like that. but i guess your right i havent got much to judge on. didnt seem like a bad guy, like was nice and all... just something about him.

oh yeah sweet man, i would go if i had enough cash ay.. ahwell ive seen funkores quite a few times anyway. haha its funny you say that, alot of my mates are too gritty for the soulful beats i tend to make.. wouldnt mind check'n out what kinda stuff your doing somtime. what do u use? im on the mpc 1000

funkoars was dope, was weird though they merged with some blues band for the last half of there set. different. still good.

yeah dude i make soulful usually but swing to the occasional darker ****. still stuck with fl and just got logic on my macbook, dont have much money to buy equipment as of yet.

might catch you digging sometime at the wax museum records.. although i would have no clue who you are haha

Tim from Sydney!
any Sydneysiders on here? only new on here and new to the producing thing, but pretty much bought a bunch of gear and jumped in head first lol
any tips or help would be much appreciated!

@ProDeus, read alot and watch videos. Probably the quickest way to learn how to do everything.

Try work with other producers and beatmakers you know. Watching vids and reading is helpfull and you can learn from it but theres nothing better than seeing it firsthand and learning from direct experience.

beats

hahaha nah, i aint one to go up to the dude and be like ey check out my beats or nothing like that. but i guess your right i havent got much to judge on. didnt seem like a bad guy, like was nice and all... just something about him.

funkoars was dope, was weird though they merged with some blues band for the last half of there set. different. still good.

yeah dude i make soulful usually but swing to the occasional darker ****. still stuck with fl and just got logic on my macbook, dont have much money to buy equipment as of yet.

might catch you digging sometime at the wax museum records.. although i would have no clue who you are haha

oh yeh cool, i really gotta buy a macbook ay.. it takes so long making all the different sequences on the mpc if u dont want a beat to sound repedetive.. do u have myspace? or anywhere i could check out your beats?.. im on facebook if u use that at all? just search ben maunder... peace!

Back