Better Beats? Show Me. f4f

In true usefulness of Future Producers Forum, those beats are dope bro!!!!!!!!! But judging by your opening comment, I doubt you wanted any useful feedback anyways.

actually I wanna hear people's A games and scare off those who aren't good. I want feedback, but I want quality feedback. Not just a generic tip from someone who can't do anything besides a simple loop

You sound so ****ing condescending... Humble yourself bro. FOr feedback, I'd say the whole thing is decent - well mixed (except the muddy bass) and the individual sounds are cool, but it lacks ambiance and sounds sterile. It needs some additional backgrounds sounds to really make it shine. It doesn't really evoke any mood for me, and it sounds very quantized. It needs more of an organic feel I think. That being said, all the melodies are decent. You're not the best on here by any means, but your technical skills are good.

Check my beat out
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...dirty-south-etc/new-beat-delorean-f4f-499290/

You sound so ****ing condescending... Humble yourself bro. FOr feedback, I'd say the whole thing is decent - well mixed (except the muddy bass) and the individual sounds are cool, but it lacks ambiance and sounds sterile. It needs some additional backgrounds sounds to really make it shine. It doesn't really evoke any mood for me, and it sounds very quantized. It needs more of an organic feel I think. That being said, all the melodies are decent. You're not the best on here by any means, but your technical skills are good.

Check my beat out
https://www.futureproducers.com/for...dirty-south-etc/new-beat-delorean-f4f-499290/

That's what I like to hear. Some fire. Some emotion. some competitive spirit. Other than. "Your beat sounds nice, now listen to mine." I left the track a little empty to give an artist plenty of room to do what he/she needs to do on the beat. And I did notice the muddiness on the 808 Bass. It could def be cleaned up a little more. It has a wobble to it that isn't the greatest.

Now onto your music. I'm gonna post it here so it'll be on this thread and yours so you can get a bit more shine.

Solid Mixing. The aura and ambiance of the song is nice. I can't really see someone performing on it though. That's not a bad thing though. Instrumentals like this are def in demand by company for things such as movies and commercials. I can easily see this as a song that's playing while someone is driving a car in a movie or commercial. Or when someone is breaking into like a bank at night. It sets a mood. I would def go that avenue with this song.

That's what I like to hear. Some fire. Some emotion. some competitive spirit. Other than. "Your beat sounds nice, now listen to mine." .

Sounds like you worded your opener for the very reason I was taking the piss, lol... I hate seeing that on here. I mean what does dope or bro even mean. Do people actually talk like this too, I guess i'm getting old!!!

I much prefer to see and give proper feedback. How can one learn how to improve if people are just kissing arse to get feedback for themselves. Which inturn will have the same lil use, just a pointless process to feel good but improve little. People just doing a disservice to themselves.

Last edited:
lmfao, the synth melodies sounds generic to me, although i do like the harmonies. the mix is quite nice but as has been said before the bass sounds muddy. overall its solid but there is nothing that stands out to me and it gets repetitive, ive heard a lot better on here.

everything sounded too upfront for me, was in my face. The sub bass was very tiring when it comes in as it's pushed so far forward. Try reshaping the envelope to have some of it tail off. The kicks don't gel with it (sub) right, more work needed here. The first one loses it's power, the second sounds the best then the third goes weird in contrast with the others.

Sounds like you worded your opener for the very reason I was taking the piss, lol... I hate seeing that on here. I mean what does dope or bro even mean. Do people actually talk like this too, I guess i'm getting old!!!

I much prefer to see and give proper feedback. How can one learn how to improve if people are just kissing arse to get feedback for themselves. Which inturn will have the same lil use, just a pointless process to feel good but improve little. People just doing a disservice to themselves.

I've found if you challenge people with doing better then they'll do more to scrutinize your music to find what's wrong with it. Thus I'll get tougher feedback. People will look for those flaws to prove the initial boastful statement wrong.

Now onto the other people. I appreciate the tough feedback. Now let me see some links!!! Cratehead put up a link. But I don't see any others yet. it's not feed for feed if you guys don't offer anything up

I'm gonna embed this so everyone can hear and so you can get a lil more shine.

I like the drum loop. It's dope sounding and simple. I like the jazzy sample that comes in and I like that ghostly wailing like sound that comes in. I don't like them all three together. I think you got something here that should be separated into 3 separate beat. The drums can stand as they are by themselves. It makes me think of the beat for Fast by Jaden Smith which to me is a dope beat. That other beat song on your page is dope as **** though

I'm making sure I slate as many of peoples mixes as possible before I get something up... Just to be 100% sure not 1 detail will get missed, lol!

I think the mix is good but the lead is just too dry for me. Like it sounds as if it has a stock/flat kind of sound, almost like a default template.

But for competition ^

I think the mix is good but the lead is just too dry for me. Like it sounds as if it has a stock/flat kind of sound, almost like a default template.

But for competition ^

The pianoish sound is a little bit too wet and reverby for me. Bring it in a little. With it out there like that it makes thing a little bit muddy. The 808 can use some cutting as well to cut out the mud. Sound choice wise it's not bad. It just need a little bit better mixing and you got something. To me this more of an A$AP Ferg type of Beat.

I like it man. I do think you are talented. Tbh I got a bit bored after a while. Is this you on a plate? I saw sterile up there and I kinda feel like that fits. Everything is really technically sound, I just feel like im missing some soul. I feel like you might tear my shiz apart but I gotsta be honest brother!!

check me out!!

Break Away - K Dangerous Fully mixed track! Something different!! F$F 100% always

I'm posting it so you get more shine.

I listened to this song. You're rapping is good. Really good it makes up for the messed up rythym of the sample. I love the vibe and feel of the beat though. It's grainy and mysterious and adds a nice quality to it. I checked out some of the other songs on your soundcloud as well and they're good too. Good flow.

This one is better from a technical sound point.

cool shit. I can't give you any advice except keep going. You definitely have talent. Continue to work your craft. Till that soil.

one of mine

Last edited:
I like how you mixed the drums, The synths are clean (too much ? I like more organic sounds). To me, this lacks some space, some reverb, otherwise any vocals on this will be colliding with the synths. The sub is a bit too present for me, maybe it shouldn't be this continuous ?

Otherwise good production level, maybe not as advertised, but you made your point ^^

Return

I like how you mixed the drums, The synths are clean (too much ? I like more organic sounds). To me, this lacks some space, some reverb, otherwise any vocals on this will be colliding with the synths. The sub is a bit too present for me, maybe it shouldn't be this continuous ?

Otherwise good production level, maybe not as advertised, but you made your point ^^

Return

Posted for extra shine.

I like this. Out of all the people to reply you've got the best one in my opinion. It's a little hard to give it an accurate feedback, seeing as how it falls outside of my normal genre of hip hop and R&b. But this is just pure dopeness to me. Lush and full sounding and well mixed. Nothing more to say.

Back