# 1,745 in Hip Hop out of 470,302 songs

why does it that so many people here think that 'making a living' or 'just scraping by' is success? Is this community's music so terrible that we will accept mediocrity? Don't we aspire to have our music heard through out the world? But why is it that so many people only want to make a living? That our dreams, our goals is just to survive?

Why champion mediocrity?

Maybe its cuz not everyone aspires to the the the next Scott Storch or Kanye.. since this is, most of the time, an unrealistic aspiration for many reasons.

Not every ones goal as a producer is to own that diamond dust paint Lambo, or the 100,000 sq ft mansion with 100 rooms and you only end up sleepin in one..

Not trynna knock who ever is goin after all that stuff, gon get it. I myself would be happy with doing what I love and being able to make a living off it, not much to ask for (and im working on it).

why does it that so many people here think that 'making a living' or 'just scraping by' is success? Is this community's music so terrible that we will accept mediocrity? Don't we aspire to have our music heard through out the world? But why is it that so many people only want to make a living? That our dreams, our goals is just to survive?

Why champion mediocrity?

Everybody has different measures of success. That's all there is to it. For some people, making a living is hard enough as it is for them doing whatever it is they do to make money. They'd rather spend their time making music to make a living instead of whatever else. You know that. It starts with that goal and once they get there, they set newer higher goals.

the music industry is like every other industry; hard work rewards!

But it seems like we at FP want to stay mediocre. That we don't want to work our way to success. Frankly, most of us here are just too lazy to try to be the best in our respected professions.

In everything I do, I strive to be the best at it. Back in Highschool when I push carts at walmart, I worked to be the best at that. When I was managing an arcade (remember those, I was just 18) I worked to be the best at that. When I was in the Army, I worked to be the best possible soldier I can be. I try to be the best at in everything I do.

I'm not saying I am the best, but I'm working to be the best. We should all not only desire to be the best, we must work hard at it.

But instead we at FP champion mediocrity, we have no desire to excel, no ambition. Our dream is just to survive, just to make a living, just trying to get by.

You all can keep mediocrity, I'll keep working on being the best in everything I do.

Why champion mediocrity?
I get more plays than your washed up child-molesting buddy R. Kelly - easily 30,000 a day, sometimes 50,000+.

I make more money than you, probably 3-4x more.

What is it that you've done again exactly? Oh that's right, you got a sweet ass shout-out in an album leaf-let. Yeah, keep striving for greatness and shooting for the stars. What's next on your list of goals? Get [insert washed-up rapper here] to Tweet your name?

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

If there's one thing I cannot stand, it's morons and their delusions of grandeur. Dwells, you are a nobody. If we polled 1000 artists, 999 of them would know my name before yours. Your album leaflet shout-outs mean dick-all, yet all I see you doing is spouting self-satisfied garbage at everyone like you're some household name.

You aren't the savior of music Dwells; in fact, you're the antithesis. Go back to pushing carts at Walmart.

Last edited:
wow... come on ppl still bashin folk on FP?

:cry::cry::cry:

Soundclick isn't for everybody.

Some people succeed some people don't.

Some people use it to showcase their ability to create music.

Some people use it to try to make money.

And some people have what many artists crave and are able to make more than a living via Soundclick.

That stands true with everything...

so its not settling with mediocrity.... its deciding what drives you to your passion in your heart.

If u make music just cause you love music then do it.

If u make music cause its easy to make and people will pay you for it, then do it.

If you make music for both....all the more power to it.

But sit down and honestly ask yourself.... would you really give up everything in your life to pursue a passion... when you possibly couldn't make a living financially from your passion?

Unless you have a unique sound, or you can make stuff on a consistent basis or in a consistent style thats popular... your a lucky one...

otherwise many jus stick to their day job...

understand the difference between somethin you do as a hobby or somethin you love to do in ur spare time versus having somethin be your passion....

...sigh...:cry:

Ok..... back to the original question. #1745 isn't really that great, VERY few people will look at the charts and get to your music. #1-10 is where you want to be.

Soundclick is for making money (generally) that doesn't necessarily mean that your music wont get heard. It's just unlikely, why does there need to be so many arguments?

I get more plays than your washed up child-molesting buddy R. Kelly - easily 30,000 a day, sometimes 50,000+.

What is it that you've done again exactly? Oh that's right, you got a sweet ass shout-out in an album leaf-let. Yeah, keep striving for greatness and shooting for the stars. What's next on your list of goals? Get [insert washed-up rapper here] to Tweet your name?

---------- Post added at 05:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:27 PM ----------

If there's one thing I cannot stand, it's morons and their delusions of grandeur. Dwells, you are a nobody. If we polled 1000 artists, 999 of them would know my name before yours. Your album leaflet shout-outs mean dick-all, yet all I see you doing is spouting self-satisfied garbage at everyone like you're some household name.

You aren't the savior of music Dwells; in fact, you're the antithesis. Go back to pushing carts at Walmart.

Last edited:
^I've tried making peace with Dwells, but I'm not gonna let some pseudo-producer talk down to me and smear what I do.

^I've tried making peace with Dwells, but I'm not gonna let some pseudo-producer talk down to me and smear what I do.

ay whitehotpro, so you really do this and only this for a living? shits crazy, if so how long you been able to support yourself solely on soundclick based income? Just wonderin

in no way possible am i taking sides at all im stayin neutral and just sayin what went down...dwells sure his FIRST comment wasnt particularly uplifting thats his opinion tho...you for some reason took it as personal tho and responded with a very bold braggard statement therefore truly you started this in this particular thread added the fuel to the fire..same with callin music bird an idiot...why would you care if he did smear what you do we already kno its a very opinionated general love or hate type of business your conducting therefore there are bound to be radical opinions but why you feel the need to defend it i dont get?

Who are you? somebody who has done less than me. You only had one record that went out and the artist didn't even like it enough to use on their project. I see you chasing placements, some people ask me about you and I just tell them the truth. You are some loser megalomaniac that ain't doing shyt.

Once you have actually got on an album then talk shyt, till then you are just some joke on soundclick having to peddle beats like a whore. You are a beatmaker, nothing more.

Do you have any music out on a commercial medium? anything besides mixtapes? anything on film, tv, games, etc? anything that I can go out and buy in retail?

---------- Post added at 02:43 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 AM ----------

and considering that my team and I are responsible for 4 placements on an album that debuted in #4 of Billboard's top 200. and that every single that has been used so far from that album were from the songs that we placed on the album, you might want to start listening to what I'm saying. That these were from previously unknown producers, where we got one a placement with Backstreet Boys. And that I 'co-discovered' and used to manage a writer that is featured on Ludacris's big How Low record, you might want to listen to me.

Maybe I am a nobody, but I get music into the hands you are dreaming of.

---------- Post added at 02:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

in no way possible am i taking sides at all im stayin neutral and just sayin what went down...dwells sure his FIRST comment wasnt particularly uplifting thats his opinion tho...you for some reason took it as personal tho and responded with a very bold braggard statement therefore truly you started this in this particular thread added the fuel to the fire..same with callin music bird an idiot...why would you care if he did smear what you do we already kno its a very opinionated general love or hate type of business your conducting therefore there are bound to be radical opinions but why you feel the need to defend it i dont get?

I think dude is upset because Soundclick is starting to fizzle out, kind of like myspace. People are going there less and less. and WHP's fleamarket dollarstore beats are selling less and less. I think he is scared because he is just a soundclick producer. He is a small fish trapped in a puddle, and he knows the water is drying up. So he is trying to act out to get attention, like a child wetting the bed.

---------- Post added at 02:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:48 AM ----------

Aww C'mon dwells...stop acting like the only way to make money is to place a track on a commercially distributed album.

If i sell a million beats that never make it on an album in anyone's store, i still just made a million dollars.

I used an album as an example. But it can be film, games, tv, etc. not just a cd. But a medium that is sold in retail outlets. something tangible, something that people can go out and buy.

No offense, but I don't really honor hypothetical questions, no what if's. unless you actually sold a million beats, then that doesn't mean anything. Hell I can say I can become a millionaire by selling newspapers. I just need to sell 2 million of them. But in reality, it may not work the way I intended. I really only care about results, results matter.

Dwells and WHP need ta calm down. It's all good. Is soundclick drying up? possibly. Are placements the only way to make money? no, WHP is proof of that. Both of ya'll are doing your own thing in your own professions and the whole soundclick is worthless thing is getting played out. Why don't we all just focus on making quality music, whether that be 1 song on an album you can pick up at best buy or or 100 songs on mixtapes. ITS ALL GOOD. why waste time arguing over something like the validity of soundclick? WHP you know there's money in it, Dwells you know there is more longevity in commercially distributed mediums. ITS ALLLLL GOOOD. fuck im drunk

the bottom line is 1,745 is not a great spot in any charts.

PS: Dwells if you wanna just hook me up with some placements I wouldn't hate you for it and WHP, if you could just throw some SC traffic my way it'd be coo, im #60 in instrumentals right now and I'd like to get in the top 50 ya know

Last edited:
So what I'm asking is, from the time when you first join Soundclick, how long on average does it take to get from #7,000,000,000,000 to the top like, 1000 even?

To each his own. Life is way short...

Back