# 1,745 in Hip Hop out of 470,302 songs

nothing to be excited about. soundclick charts don't hold any weight. even if you are in the top ten it still doesn't mean anything.

But don't let that discourage you!!! Keep making music!

nothing to be excited about. soundclick charts don't hold any weight. even if you are in the top ten it still doesn't mean anything.
My bank account tells a different story.

I have a song the 27th spot (In reggaeton genre), does that mean much?

Last edited:
My bank account tells a different story.

Do you really want to go here again?

What's going to happen is that I would ask you for what records you have done, something commercially distributed. Something on an album. And then you will lash back, and that is how an argument starts. Do you really want to go there?

:::PEACEMAKER ALERT:::

You both are right. WHP has made bank selling beats on Soundclick. I also remember him having some tracks commercially distributed.

But to the consumers and to major labels, Soundclick charts hold no weight.

Soundclick is really a place to showcase your music and maybe make some money selling it. That's it.

yea im pretty sure WHP is eatin good from soundclick alone, imagine the business ventures!

Do you really want to go here again?

What's going to happen is that I would ask you for what records you have done, something commercially distributed. Something on an album. And then you will lash back, and that is how an argument starts. Do you really want to go there?

Aww C'mon dwells...stop acting like the only way to make money is to place a track on a commercially distributed album.

If i sell a million beats that never make it on an album in anyone's store, i still just made a million dollars.

Aww C'mon dwells...stop acting like the only way to make money is to place a track on a commercially distributed album.

If i sell a million beats that never make it on an album in anyone's store, i still just made a million dollars.

Troup you on Soundclick?

i agree with troup. many freelance producers make a living without ever having any major placements.

I agree the charts can help generate traffic to your page and cause
more beats to be sold but thats about it ... As far as them holding any
more weight than that pretty none.

In order to really bank on soundclick you have to have a commercially
appealing sound and a well designed, nice looking VIP page ... Theirs
quite a few people who make good money off leases with just a tight
looking VIP page design.

Troup you on Soundclick?

I'm up there...been up there since 2003. But I don't do anything with my page, and stopped updating it in like 2005.

It's just there as a historical archive now.

I wouldn't fare very well in the soundclick market. The customers on soundclick want something that "sounds like <insert hot producer here>", and I don't do that type of music.

No disrespect to the people making a living off of soundclick, and not that there's anything wrong with catering to that market, big up to them getting their money. But I couldn't compete in that space.

why does it that so many people here think that 'making a living' or 'just scraping by' is success? Is this community's music so terrible that we will accept mediocrity? Don't we aspire to have our music heard through out the world? But why is it that so many people only want to make a living? That our dreams, our goals is just to survive?

Why champion mediocrity?

Back