# 1,745 in Hip Hop out of 470,302 songs

i just put the beats up like 2 weeks ago. of course i would like to be #1 it'll take time for that. but for those whose not financially inclined soundclick or other sites like it can be a springboard. it takes money to make money

Who are you? somebody who has done less than me. You only had one record that went out and the artist didn't even like it enough to use on their project. I see you chasing placements, some people ask me about you and I just tell them the truth. You are some loser megalomaniac that ain't doing shyt.

Once you have actually got on an album then talk shyt, till then you are just some joke on soundclick having to peddle beats like a whore. You are a beatmaker, nothing more.

Do you have any music out on a commercial medium? anything besides mixtapes? anything on film, tv, games, etc? anything that I can go out and buy in retail?

and considering that my team and I are responsible for 4 placements on an album that debuted in #4 of Billboard's top 200. and that every single that has been used so far from that album were from the songs that we placed on the album, you might want to start listening to what I'm saying. That these were from previously unknown producers, where we got one a placement with Backstreet Boys. And that I 'co-discovered' and used to manage a writer that is featured on Ludacris's big How Low record, you might want to listen to me.

Maybe I am a nobody, but I get music into the hands you are dreaming of.
LOL. You have nothing but unverified claims and an album leaflet shoutout. Does that impress the other greeters at Walmart?

Tell me where it says I'm crying for placements. I'd actually prefer to do what I'm doing than deal with the bureaucracy that is "the industry". In fact, I'm still trying to track down a check I'm owed since July 2009 from Universal Canada and another since November 2009 from Sony. And yes, I do have placements - we've already gone over that. Idiot.

You're not some big-time playa Dwells, you're a pathetic middle-man nobody with an IQ of 70. Keep chasing your teary-eyed dreams of major label superstardom, I'll stick with what makes me 6 figures a year.

ay whitehotpro, so you really do this and only this for a living? shits crazy, if so how long you been able to support yourself solely on soundclick based income? Just wonderin
Music has been my main source of income since July 2008. I haven't worked a job since then, although I've dipped my fingers in a few other ventures lately - poker being my 2nd most profitable income stream.

Last edited:
Just to give you some perspective on how Soundclick works:

I uploaded some tracks on Tuesday and Wednesday.

Already one of my beats is #735 in Hip Hop General out of 868,270 songs and #1,385 in HipHop out of 1,557,120 songs. This came from just two days later, with only promotion in the "Promote your ish!" threads at the top of this section and nowhere else. My page is also just the normal soundclick page, no redesign or anything. Click here to see:
http://www.soundclick.com/bands/default.cfm?bandID=1023999&content=music

These beats aren't even that great either, so I guess this ranking makes your ranking look a bit bad, but no worries! Keep promoting your links wherever you can and keep practicing! You will reach your goals if you push forward one day at a time.

Last edited:
It seems that some people feel you have to do beats like this,or be a producer like so and so, or just follow the same path as everyone else.

WRONG. People seem delusional on here.
People do music for many reasons,and think of success in different ways.

I respect WHP does,he makes good money and does it how he wants to. Thats beautiful,everybody shouldnt have to live a rough life or work a 9-5 or be forced to go to college.

I have been living off beats since JAN 2009. I love it,I get to make music how I want,when I want and I have never tried for a placement. I dont care if I ever get a placement from a major recording artists. I feel successful whether I sell a beat a month or 1000 beats a month. I am living my dream and I dont care what any other person think,let alone another producer.

As much as I hate soundclick beats,mainly because they really do all sound the ****ing same,I respect their hustle and could never knock it.

I would rather live off licensing my music instead of chasing the industry and we all know how difficult,cut throat and shady it is. There are to many ways to make money off beats nowadays to keep chasing it.

People need to wake the **** up.Do you and what makes you happy.

Last edited by a moderator:
im not a newb so i dont need practice

you're going places man. totally.

seriously though, here's the thing, being #500 is NOTHING. You really seem like not doing any kind of promotion and not having a decently designed page is something to brag about. Its like the equivalent of some rapper saying "oh that whole track was a freestyle and my homie made the beat in 10 minutes, we uploaded it to youtube and its gotten 45 views and two 4 star ratings! we just made 45 new fans!"

Wrong. its been a minute since I was in that position so correct me if im wrong but doesn't that mean you got about 5-10 plays on a song? You must be joking about taking any pride in that...

I mean, im not necessarily proud of what I've done in the charts yet and I got 4,000 plays yesterday...

Just stay humble and stop making threads like this

Last edited:
The thing with charts is that as soon as you mention a spot on a chart, it becomes something of a competition. It's not, hey look my song is pretty good, its now, hey look my song is better than these people's and worse than these people's. Which isn't always the case.

Charts can be a good way to guage what you are doing, but to put a whole lot of emphasis on them is not wise in my opinion. At least not unless its a top 10, top 50 or even top 100. And once you make that, the next goal would be to stay there consistently.

Big ups to WHP and the others dominating soundclick and anyone else MAKING A LIVING DOING MUSIC! To me that is a HUGE success and nothing to scoff at. I sure as hell ain't doing it.

Keep at it! Oh, just thought I'd also point out that if its the same song OP is referring to, it jumped about 1200 spots in a few days. That also, would be a success in my book, especially without heavy promotion. The thing to concentrate on now would be to continue promoting and keep climbing the charts...

Peace!

some ppl see not having to work a 9 to 5 as being enough success for them...

you're going places man. totally.

seriously though, here's the thing, being #500 is NOTHING. You really seem like not doing any kind of promotion and not having a decently designed page is something to brag about. Its like the equivalent of some rapper saying "oh that whole track was a freestyle and my homie made the beat in 10 minutes, we uploaded it to youtube and its gotten 45 views and two 4 star ratings! we just made 45 new fans!"

Wrong. its been a minute since I was in that position so correct me if im wrong but doesn't that mean you got about 5-10 plays on a song? You must be joking about taking any pride in that...

I mean, im not necessarily proud of what I've done in the charts yet and I got 4,000 plays yesterday...

Just stay humble and stop making threads like this
ok.....first of all i didnt mean to come off as arrogant by saying i dont need to practice. i ve been making beats for going on 13 years now. im past the practicing stage. do my mixing need work?...yeah plus i dont have proper setup for mixing. could i use music theory classes?.....it wouldn't hurt. but i dont need to practice to make a hot song. i just need to make more hot songs. also in no form or fashion was I bragging. i didnt make this thread to brag. i came to FP to get advice or give it. so to laugh in the faces of people that helps me or that i help is a step backwards to me. the whole "no promotion" thing was in response to another post. i just didnt quote him. and there will be promotion soon and a redesign once i start paying for my account.
im just a newb to this soundclick thing and genuinely wanted to know if the numbers mean anything. so no disrespect to anybody on here. and i dont know what it is but alot of people on here luv to put words in my mouth. please stop. ya'll reading too deep in between the lines. i i i thanks for posting here!!!!!:cheers:

Last edited:
nope only top ten...but i stop doing the whole soundclick thing because you can buy your way to the top these days and also...use software to up your numbers...

It seems that some people feel you have to do beats like this,or be a producer like so and so, or just follow the same path as everyone else.

WRONG. People seem delusional on here.
People do music for many reasons,and think of success in different ways.

I respect WHP does,he makes good money and does it how he wants to. Thats beautiful,everybody shouldnt have to live a rough life or work a 9-5 or be forced to go to college.

I have been living off beats since JAN 2009. I love it,I get to make music how I want,when I want and I have never tried for a placement. I dont care if I ever get a placement from a major recording artists. I feel successful whether I sell a beat a month or 1000 beats a month. I am living my dream and I dont care what any other person think,let alone another producer.

As much as I hate soundclick beats,mainly because they really do all sound the ****ing same,I respect their hustle and could never knock it.

I would rather live off licensing my music instead of chasing the industry and we all know how difficult,cut throat and shady it is. There are to many ways to make money off beats nowadays to keep chasing it.

People need to wake the **** up.Do you and what makes you happy.

Wow i support this post 100%

in in top 10, is that good?

---------- Post added at 02:39 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 AM ----------

but its in the reggaeton genre, is that still good?

nope only top ten...but i stop doing the whole soundclick thing because you can buy your way to the top these days and also...use software to up your numbers...

"these days"?

It's always been like this.
money = power.

Back